Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ghoulies Springing into action
Originally posted by kns57
Originally posted by ironannekidd

Good morning Ghoulies. 

LAST DAY!!!  WOOT!!!

I did not sleep a wink last night. 

So when is your first day at the new job?

Monday! 

How exciting!!!!

Have a great day today. Soak it all in.

2013-09-12 8:44 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies!

Did a long run yesterday in the morning and got my hair cut in the afternoon.  I think I am really liking the new 'do.

2013-09-12 8:47 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Elite
washington state
Originally posted by ceilidh

Morning Ghoulies

The play last night was really fun. The seating is on three sides of the stage, so it is all up close and personal. the voices and dancing were phenomenal.

WOOT!

That sounds really neat! 

Did the trip to the vet go injury free?

2013-09-12 8:49 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good morning Ghoulies. 

LAST DAY!!!  WOOT!!!

I did not sleep a wink last night. 

So when is your first day at the new job?

Monday! 

Whoo hoo!  Such fun!  A new office to decorate.... new things to learn!   You are going to be so great at that new job!

2013-09-12 8:49 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

MotoQueen
Originally posted by deehtz

Good Morning Ghoulies!

Did a long run yesterday in the morning and got my hair cut in the afternoon.  I think I am really liking the new 'do.

Pictures!!!

2013-09-12 8:51 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by ironannekidd It was 91 here yesterday. It could be even warmer today. That is before a cold front comes through tomorrow and we drop back into the 70's, then 60's by the weekend. I so much want to be out in a kayak today instead of stuck in the office. I still have 3.5 hours to it here and wish I was someplace else.

So did the cold front come in?  How late in the year can you kayak?

2013-09-12 8:55 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good Morning Ghoulies!

Pictures!!!

x2.. please!

2013-09-12 8:56 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies

The play last night was really fun. The seating is on three sides of the stage, so it is all up close and personal. the voices and dancing were phenomenal.

WOOT!

That sounds really neat! 

Did the trip to the vet go injury free?

Yes, it did. I just caught the cat and put her in the cage. No blood this time. My hubbie went with Mom and toted the cage.

2013-09-12 9:17 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Originally posted by ironannekidd It was 91 here yesterday. It could be even warmer today. That is before a cold front comes through tomorrow and we drop back into the 70's, then 60's by the weekend. I so much want to be out in a kayak today instead of stuck in the office. I still have 3.5 hours to it here and wish I was someplace else.

So did the cold front come in?  How late in the year can you kayak?

It's working it's way across now. Had 1 nasty row of storms blow through this morning, I know my kid's HS is without power, now sure about the MS where they are. A local radio station is off air right now becuase they were hit by lightning. The nasty stuff is supposed to hit this afternoon. My car is sitting in the driveway, I want to put it in the garage when I get home, they are calling for high winds, severe lightning, and hail this afternoon into this evening. I'm thinking Keri won't be having soccer practice.

I have a dry top, and dry pants, I can kayk in the cold. I'd like to get a full drysuit someday though, and paddling gloves.

2013-09-12 9:17 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion

Good Morning Ghoulies!

Pictures!!!

x2.. please!

x3

2013-09-12 12:15 PM

User image

Elite
washington state
Here's the new 'do.  It is similar to what I had a few years ago.  This past year was longer and heavier around the face.  I like this layered way much better.

(So Cal 2013 607.JPG)

(So Cal 2013 608.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
So Cal 2013 607.JPG (877KB - 22 downloads)
So Cal 2013 608.JPG (682KB - 22 downloads)

2013-09-12 12:44 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by deehtz Here's the new 'do.  It is similar to what I had a few years ago.  This past year was longer and heavier around the face.  I like this layered way much better.

I LIKE It Dee. I like the way it frames your face and is perky, bouncy in the back.

2013-09-13 5:03 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Happy FFFFriday!

Nice DO Dee!

2013-09-13 7:16 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Happy FFFFriday!

Nice DO Dee!

Back atcha.

2013-09-13 8:35 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning!!  Yeah for Friday!!!

I am hiking tomorrow with DsD and a friend of hers.  Then Sunday weather is supposed to change back to rain.

I am so  ready for weekend to start!

2013-09-13 8:37 AM

User image

Elite
washington state
Thanks for the kind words on the hair.  I am feeling quite pleased with this cut...

2013-09-13 11:01 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Howdy Ghoulies.

Happy FFFriday the 13th!

Just drove over the mountain to Asheville and it is looking a lot like harvest time. I am not ready for summer to end, but I do love the fall feeling in the air.

You Ghoulies on the bike team (you know who you are). Get logging! We are behind.

2013-09-14 3:40 PM

User image

Champion

Good afternoon Ghoulies!

Enjoy your hike, Dee!

Robin, I knew I fell behind when I was sick last week. I got some minutes in today I'll log. I should be able to get a good chunk in tomorrow, too. I'm hoping to be back to regular sessions next week.

2013-09-14 3:53 PM

User image

Champion

Kids in sports.

They can take a beating.

The fields in our park and lined so that on one end the parking lot is behind the goal. The u14 girls team was warming up this morning and someone kicked a ball into the parking lot. Being the good kid he is Caleb went after it. He bent down at the end of a mini-van, that the back was up. He said someone must have pushed a button to close the back because as he was standing up, the back was coming down and it hit him in the head. It split his head open, and he has a knot on the top-backish part of his head. Before his game I was checking him for concussion symptoms. I got him cleaned up, and he went on his way.

During Keri's game... I was SO frustrated/mad/angry/irritated/agitated/bunch more words here... The first part of the game Keri was playing offense and was driving in towards the goal. She is fast, no one from the other team was near her. The keeper, who was a big girl, came out and slid on her knees in front of Keri. She grabbed Keri low in the ankles and pulled her feet out from under her, flipping her over so she landed on her forehead. You aren't supposed to go out onto the field if your kid gets hurt. So Donnie and I are on the sideline watching our daughter roll around holding her head, and you could tell she was crying. Parents from the other team were calling for a foul on us. Um... I don't think so! Once the refs and her coach got there they waved us out. I ran over and checked her out. I helped her over to the bench. Her sweatshirt was in the car, but 2 other girls on the bench offered her their sweatshirts. I asked the asst coach to watch her for a minute and I went to the car and got her an ice pack. When I got back I asked her how she felt and she said she had a headache, and her stomach didn't feel well. She was still crying a bit, too. I told her she couldn't go back in if as long as she felt that way. Her coach told her that, too. I walked back to my seat, and on my way some parents from our team asked if she was ok. They said they were mad that 1) their was no penalty, and 2) how un-sportsman like the other parents were. The parents for both teams all sit on one side so you're mixed together. I went and sat down and the other team's parents were still complaining about the call. I had to get up and walk around. Later in the game the keeper tripped another girl, still no call.

Their keeper was good, our offense was better, our girls won 4-0. I know the referees are all volunteers, but that was just blatant and dangerous. And Keri had the ball and was driving toward the goal so she should have seen it happen. Grrrr

I'm watching both kids for signs of concussions now, because they don't always present themselves right away.

2013-09-14 3:56 PM

User image

Champion

Kids in sports.

Kids can take a beating.

Dee, I have some questions for you. How young is the youngest massage client you've ever had? How do you feel about kids and massages?

A few years ago I had to massage Keri's feet and calves when she was having some problems. She loved it. She fell asleep several times when I was massaging her feet. I'm just wondering if maybe the kids wouldn't benefit from a massage. IF I got them one, I'd stay in the room with them.

2013-09-16 4:40 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

What a weekend! I've already posted about the soccer games. What I didn't post is about the U8 game where Caleb was a referee. He had to remove 2 kids from the field because they were swearing at each other, and one started throwing punches. These are 6-7 year old kids and they were swearing at each other!

Also on Saturday morning, before the kids were out of bed, we got a call that one of Donnie's uncles had passed away. Last weekend he was in Michigan, at his great nephew's wedding, dancing up a storm, and this weekend he was gone. We didn't tell the kids until after their games. The kids were pretty close with him. He lived in Florida part of the year, but he spent a lot of time up here, too. Anytime he was at his sister's (kiddos grandmas) you could always find him playing cards with the kids. The funeral is on Wednesday, and both kids said they want to go. They have never been to a funeral before, so we decided it would be best if we took 2 cars in case one of us needs to leave with a kid or 2.

Because we are going to a funeral I needed to get Caleb dress pants. The ones I got him at Easter were too short. It took me 5 stores to find a pair of pants that are 32x34. I would have preferred 30x34 but he can wear a belt. Do tall thin people not dress nicely?

Yesterday afternoon there was some backyard volleyball, a walk, and a famly bike ride. Can I count my family bike ride in with my minutes I need to add for this weekend in the s/b/r challenge?

2013-09-16 9:19 AM

User image

Elite
washington state
Good morning Ghoulies!  This weekend I went on a 5 mile hill hike and a short hill run.  Whew!  My legs and buns are feeling it!
2013-09-16 9:34 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Kids in sports.

Kids can take a beating.

Dee, I have some questions for you. How young is the youngest massage client you've ever had? How do you feel about kids and massages?

A few years ago I had to massage Keri's feet and calves when she was having some problems. She loved it. She fell asleep several times when I was massaging her feet. I'm just wondering if maybe the kids wouldn't benefit from a massage. IF I got them one, I'd stay in the room with them.

Wow your kids sure did take a beating this weekend.  Actually the youngest Ive worked on was a two year old.  Friend of the family, so I went to their house and he sat on my lap and watched TV while I worked on his shoulder after he had taken a bit of a tumble.

I have also worked on an eight year old in the office whose parents & grandparents come to see me.  He first came when he was 8 because he asked for it for his birthday because he heard his family talking about massage.  As he got into middle school and high school, he came a few times each year.  He was really into baseball and would be sore or have tight muscles.  Now he is grown and moved away. 

I have seen quite a few high school and college age athletes.  I usually do about 1/2 hour the first time and focus on their area of strain -- back/shoulders or legs, etc.  Sometimes they come for a longer session later.  Many of them fall asleep or at least kind of drift off.  Parents are welcome to stay in the room. 

Massage can help work out some of the stressed muscles so that healing and recovery is faster.  If you don't really know the therapist or if it makes the kid more comfortable, then stay in the room by all means.  The therapist can be firm but should not be reaming on the muscles.  It should be relaxing, not so deep or rough that they can't relax or be comfortable. 

Make sure that they drink extra water after a massage.

2013-09-16 10:05 AM

User image

Champion

Kids in sports.

Kids can take a beating.

Wow your kids sure did take a beating this weekend.  Actually the youngest Ive worked on was a two year old.  Friend of the family, so I went to their house and he sat on my lap and watched TV while I worked on his shoulder after he had taken a bit of a tumble.

I have also worked on an eight year old in the office whose parents & grandparents come to see me.  He first came when he was 8 because he asked for it for his birthday because he heard his family talking about massage.  As he got into middle school and high school, he came a few times each year.  He was really into baseball and would be sore or have tight muscles.  Now he is grown and moved away. 

I have seen quite a few high school and college age athletes.  I usually do about 1/2 hour the first time and focus on their area of strain -- back/shoulders or legs, etc.  Sometimes they come for a longer session later.  Many of them fall asleep or at least kind of drift off.  Parents are welcome to stay in the room. 

Massage can help work out some of the stressed muscles so that healing and recovery is faster.  If you don't really know the therapist or if it makes the kid more comfortable, then stay in the room by all means.  The therapist can be firm but should not be reaming on the muscles.  It should be relaxing, not so deep or rough that they can't relax or be comfortable. 

Make sure that they drink extra water after a massage.

Thanks, Dee. Keri mostly complains of her legs hurting. Caleb complains of legs, and his shoulder has started to bother him lately. I think Keri would definitely be up for a massage if I'd get her an appointment, I'm not sure about Caleb.

2013-09-16 10:43 AM

User image

Champion

Kendra - good luck at the new job today!

Robin - where are you?

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies Springing into action Rss Feed  

of 86