Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Candy Crush Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2013-08-08 7:16 AM
in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Candy Crush

Originally posted by Dan-L I opened this thread fully expecting it to be a long drawn out derisory blast at people who their lives away on 'smartphone' (sic) games. There must be something more constructive to do with your time? Life's short people..

Like troll and flame people on forum threads? 

2013-08-08 9:17 AM
in reply to: KateTri1

User image

Originally posted by KateTri1

Originally posted by Dan-L I opened this thread fully expecting it to be a long drawn out derisory blast at people who their lives away on 'smartphone' (sic) games. There must be something more constructive to do with your time? Life's short people..

I was just out for lunch with someone and talking about this. Didn't mean to offend with the poorly chosen wording - I sometimes forget the culture is very sensitive on here - but the principle stands. It seems an odd way for people to spend so much time playing, especially time restricted people like triathletes. That said, I fear this is one of those attempts at a discussion that won't work out anyway so I'll leave you all to it.
2013-08-08 9:39 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Dan-L
Originally posted by KateTri1

I was just out for lunch with someone and talking about this. Didn't mean to offend with the poorly chosen wording - I sometimes forget the culture is very sensitive on here - but the principle stands. It seems an odd way for people to spend so much time playing, especially time restricted people like triathletes. That said, I fear this is one of those attempts at a discussion that won't work out anyway so I'll leave you all to it.

I don't think it's a bad discussion, but would maybe be better created on a different thread? I'm not a big Candy Crush fan either. I tried it, and quit, frustrated,  at level 29.

Personally,  I have some strong not so positive feelings on lots of different types of online/mobile phone games.

But I don't think that airing those thoughts are appropriate on a thread discussion aimed at Candy Crush gaming enthusiasts... 

2013-08-09 8:32 AM

User image

Bronze member

So, my daughter (age 5) and I were looking at photos on FB and she saw the Candy game. This girl is crazy for candy, she has asked me to change her name to Candy or Lollipop. She has been known to scream out for candy in her sleep. My son asked why Halloween was even exists and she said "So all the children could have candy and be really happy!". She talked me into letting her try the game but she is asleep and I am the one playing!

I also started Pet Rescue for my son but I won't let him play because he wastes all my boosters......

2013-08-10 7:42 AM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Bronze member
What do you all do when you get to the levels and you can't move unless you pay or post to friends to help you? I don't really want to do either!
2013-08-10 9:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

Originally posted by trigal38 What do you all do when you get to the levels and you can't move unless you pay or post to friends to help you? I don't really want to do either!

IIRC if you play on a smartphone you can complete three challenge puzzles to unlock the next episode. Or you can enlist some BT friends from this thread (especially Dan-L) to unlock it for you. 

2013-08-10 5:09 PM
in reply to: the bear

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-08-10 5:28 PM
in reply to: Teejaay

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
Originally posted by Teejaay
Originally posted by the bear

Originally posted by trigal38 What do you all do when you get to the levels and you can't move unless you pay or post to friends to help you? I don't really want to do either!

IIRC if you play on a smartphone you can complete three challenge puzzles to unlock the next episode. Or you can enlist some BT friends from this thread (especially Dan-L) to unlock it for you. 

Where are these challenge puzzles?? Sometimes my pals take their sweet time sending me tickets ....I'd like to take matters into my own candy covered hands!
(again IIRC) you have to be playing independent of FB.
2013-08-16 4:46 PM
in reply to: the bear

Master
147 is giving me fits. I don't think I've even come w/in 12 jellies of completing. AARRGGHH!!!
2013-08-16 5:25 PM
in reply to: crews

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by crews 147 is giving me fits. I don't think I've even come w/in 12 jellies of completing. AARRGGHH!!!

That's one of the tougher ones.  Took me three weeks and others in this thread a long time as well.

I'm sort of over it.  I got to around 250 and just stoped playing for some reason.  It's nice.  I'm glad that I simply lost interest rather than feel "forced" to quit due to frustration.  Ended on my own terms, per say, rather than feel like I was defeated.

2013-08-16 6:55 PM
in reply to: Kido

2013-08-16 8:48 PM
in reply to: Teejaay

Veteran
St. Louis
Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by crews 147 is giving me fits. I don't think I've even come w/in 12 jellies of completing. AARRGGHH!!!

That's one of the tougher ones.  Took me three weeks and others in this thread a long time as well.

I'm sort of over it.  I got to around 250 and just stoped playing for some reason.  It's nice.  I'm glad that I simply lost interest rather than feel "forced" to quit due to frustration.  Ended on my own terms, per say, rather than feel like I was defeated.

I'm stuck on 125 and not enjoying it. Over a month now. Barely play anymore.. I always get it down to one or two jellies left and then it ends ....frustrating. I shall walk away for a bit. Then go back and magically pass the level on the first try!
Or.....you could use the trick to get unlimited lives and spend the next 17 consecutive hours playing until you've passed the level. You know how to get extra lives, right? There is no escaping candy crush.
2013-08-19 2:25 PM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

Sensei
Sin City
Originally posted by kevin_trapp

I'm stuck on 125 and not enjoying it. Over a month now. Barely play anymore.. I always get it down to one or two jellies left and then it ends ....frustrating. I shall walk away for a bit. Then go back and magically pass the level on the first try!
Or.....you could use the trick to get unlimited lives and spend the next 17 consecutive hours playing until you've passed the level. You know how to get extra lives, right? There is no escaping candy crush.

I have done that on a couple levels (not 17 hours).  If I don't get lucky out of the gates, I'll quit and restart.  I go through my 5 lives pretty quick so do a quick reload and get back at it.  If I don't get a level after 10-15 tries, I'm done for the day.

2013-08-19 4:06 PM
in reply to: KateTri1

Expert
Frisco
147. you got me for 12 days now
2013-08-19 10:25 PM

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

Tell us how please
2013-08-20 8:16 AM

Queen BTich

Don't toy with me.

I'm stuck on 125 too. Breezed from 65 to 125 in a couple days. I'm getting bored and frustrated as well.

2013-08-20 9:29 AM
in reply to: TrevorC

Veteran
St. Louis
Originally posted by TrevorC

Tell us how please

I've successfully kicked the candy crush addiction, so I have no idea if they've fixed this little glitch or not.  But if you're playing on a smart phone, the game doesn't have its own internal timer.  It just uses the phone's clock.  When you're out of lives, you can manually adjust your clock ahead a couple hours and you'll have five new lives waiting for you.  

2013-08-20 10:02 PM

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

Tell us how please

I've successfully kicked the candy crush addiction, so I have no idea if they've fixed this little glitch or not.  But if you're playing on a smart phone, the game doesn't have its own internal timer.  It just uses the phone's clock.  When you're out of lives, you can manually adjust your clock ahead a couple hours and you'll have five new lives waiting for you.  

It works. Just tried it on the iPad.
Level 325 tonight . Pass it or pass out. We'll see what happens first!
2013-08-20 10:59 PM

Queen BTich

Tell us how please

When I do this on my phone, when you revert back to the normal time, you're in the "negative". It takes the same amount of time to build back up.
2013-08-20 11:07 PM
in reply to: Comet

2013-08-21 6:14 PM
in reply to: 0

Sensei
Sin City

Tell us how please

On my droid OS, it may be SLIGHTLY more difficult.  I have to quite the app and go to manage applications area and go to CC.  I have a "clear data" button so it erases all stored data for the game.  Restart the game up, it asks you to re-sync with facebook (since you cleared the data that automatically links you).  It syncs your location (so you are not starting again at level 1) and you get 5 more lives.  Rinse and repeat as needed.

I guess if you haven't played it on facebook or it's not linked, be careful.  I guess you could lose all your progress.  Mine is linked between FB, my Ipad, or my HTC droid phone.  They all know where I'm at.

Edited by Kido 2013-08-21 6:19 PM

2013-08-21 6:16 PM
in reply to: Comet

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by Comet
When I do this on my phone, when you revert back to the normal time, you're in the "negative". It takes the same amount of time to build back up.

I guess you could go in the negative at night and let it build up while you sleep?

See my method above.  It works on my HTC Evo all the time.

2013-08-28 10:55 AM
in reply to: Kido

Master
Still hate 147 with all of my heart...but I just passed it...with 1 move left. Can't decide if I want to continue or quit all together.
2013-08-28 11:25 AM
in reply to: crews

Veteran
Boston, MA
You should keep going! They're a lot easier for a while after that one. I get stuck on the occasional level, but usually only for a day or two, and I'm not super fanatic about playing all the time. I hear things get more difficult again somewhere in the 200s though, but I'm only in the 190s right now...
2013-08-28 11:51 AM
in reply to: KiterChick

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Candy Crush Rss Feed  

of 11