Other Resources The Political Joe » IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-05-15 11:20 AM
in reply to: #4736601

User image

Subject: RE: IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status
NAACP’s Julian Bond: It’s OK for IRS to target ‘racist’ tea party

Tea party groups are, after all, “overtly racist” and the “Taliban wing of American politics,” Mr. Bond said, Mediaite reported. The IRS ought to look over these groups’ shoulders, he said — at the same time condemning former President Bush, for what he alleged was that administration’s biased push for the IRS to investigate the NAACP.

The NAACP was investigated for improper political activities in 2004 after Mr. Bond made a speech that was highly critical of Mr. Bush, Mediaite reported. The group was later cleared of any wrongdoing. But Mr. Bond hasn’t forgotten, and said his group was “unfairly targeted,” Mediaite said.

2013-05-16 10:39 AM

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL

So Obama asked for the resignation of the acting head of the IRS.  Too bad he has already leaving in June anyway.  Way to act Mr. President.  So brave, so proud...way to stick your neck out.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/05/16/irs-official-who-resigned-over-scandal-was-already-leaving-in-june-n1598298

Edited by TriRSquared 2013-05-16 10:40 AM
2013-05-16 11:24 AM
in reply to: #4745198

User image

I kind of get a chuckle when folks on the left retort that government targets democrat groups also and Republicans are just as bad when they are in power. Election after election we (not me...but the majority) vote for candidates that promise to expand the reach of government and then we acts surprised when crap like this happens.

All of these "scandals" have one thing in common. Each of them are bigger than any individual to accept blame, including Obama. These scandals are inevitably the result of the government we created.

Is there a better example and proof that this that government is just to large and powerful? But yet the next freakin' election the same people are going to fill in the bubble for the candidate that promises more and then we'll just point figure and play the political blame game the next time it happens.  

2013-05-16 11:34 AM
in reply to: #4745314

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Jackemy1 - 2013-05-16 11:24 AM

I kind of get a chuckle when folks on the left retort that government targets democrat groups also and Republicans are just as bad when they are in power. Election after election we (not me...but the majority) vote for candidates that promise to expand the reach of government and then we acts surprised when crap like this happens.

All of these "scandals" have one thing in common. Each of them are bigger than any individual to accept blame, including Obama. These scandals are inevitably the result of the government we created.

Is there a better example and proof that this that government is just to large and powerful? But yet the next freakin' election the same people are going to fill in the bubble for the candidate that promises more and then we'll just point figure and play the political blame game the next time it happens.  

But none of these scandals would have happened if we would have had more government oversight.
2013-05-16 1:57 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

It doesn't matter who's in the White House, Board Room, Gov. mansion etc. 

Our problems are a result of OUR failings as a society.  WE shoulder the brunt of the blame for the scandals and news headlines that fill the airwaves.  We watch reality TV and cheer their moronic behavior.  WE, as a society, have completely and utterly blurred the lines of acceptable behavior.

All the important stuff in life, I learned in kindergarden.  

Instead of fretting about whose to blame for our countries woes.  I'm gonna indulge in a "Guilty Pleasure" and eat cake.

2013-05-16 6:55 PM
in reply to: #4745198

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
TriRSquared - 2013-05-16 10:39 AM

So Obama asked for the resignation of the acting head of the IRS.  Too bad he has already leaving in June anyway.  Way to act Mr. President.  So brave, so proud...way to stick your neck out.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/05/16/irs-official-who-resigned-over-scandal-was-already-leaving-in-june-n1598298

And now this came out:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

Just when you think they can't be more arrogant. They fired a guy that started like a month ago!

2013-05-16 7:43 PM
in reply to: #4746107

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
mcgilmartin - 2013-05-16 7:55 PM
TriRSquared - 2013-05-16 10:39 AM

And now this came out:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

Just when you think they can't be more arrogant. They fired a guy that started like a month ago!

And Obamacare is being enforced by the IRS.  Seriously?  Geeze...

2013-05-20 1:06 PM
in reply to: TriRSquared

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
2013-05-20 4:11 PM
in reply to: TriRSquared

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida
Originally posted by TriRSquared

"Obama Met With IRS Union Boss Day Before Tea Party Targeting Began"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/20/Obama-Met-With-IRS-Union-Boss-Day-Before-Tea-Party-Targeting-Began

Coincidence?

Holy cow!!!
If just the visitor's log and IG report line-up. This is some serious stuff.

What is it that George W. Bush said? "Fool me once... shame on... shame on me.... ..... Fool me twice... ... But the fooler can't be fooled again..."
2013-05-22 9:58 AM
in reply to: GomesBolt

User image

Anyone watching the hearings?

Issa started out very respectful, but now he's grandstanding.

Did anyone catch the McCain/Rand Paul contrast hearing yesterday? Either McCain was setting-up Rand Paul to be a hero intentionally or he's completely lost it.
2013-05-22 9:58 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

stupid double post.

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-05-22 10:01 AM

2013-05-22 10:40 AM

User image

Regular
Originally posted by GomesBolt

I really wish he (they all) would stop with the grandstanding. The facts are outrageous enough that we don't need over-the-top actions by our elected officials. That only diminishes the seriousness of the charges.
2013-05-22 11:17 AM
in reply to: Its Only Money

User image

Originally posted by Its Only Money

I really wish he (they all) would stop with the grandstanding. The facts are outrageous enough that we don't need over-the-top actions by our elected officials. That only diminishes the seriousness of the charges.

I agree. Actually, Speaker Boehner agrees with that as well. He cautioned "No Grandstanding, no overreach, just let the facts lay where they lay."

I do wonder if someone can clarify when you take the 5th, can you make a whole statement on your behalf and then plead the 5th? That seems a bit like someone on trial being able to get on the stand and answer questions from their own attorney but then refusing to answer any questions from the other side. Is that allowed? If so, then she's entitled to do that.
2013-05-22 12:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by GomesBolt Anyone watching the hearings? Issa started out very respectful, but now he's grandstanding.
I agree. Actually, Speaker Boehner agrees with that as well. He cautioned "No Grandstanding, no overreach, just let the facts lay where they lay." I do wonder if someone can clarify when you take the 5th, can you make a whole statement on your behalf and then plead the 5th? That seems a bit like someone on trial being able to get on the stand and answer questions from their own attorney but then refusing to answer any questions from the other side. Is that allowed? If so, then she's entitled to do that.

I'm not watching the hearing, but the "pleading the fifth" part is merely a way to answer a question without really answering a question.  Did you steal the kit kat?  Yes (admit guilt)  No (lie under oath), plead the fifth (not really answer, but not commit perjury).  If you ramble on about something else in the hearing, it's fully on record because you are saying it under oath.  So "the fifth" isn't a blanket immunity, it's just simply a legal way to answer a single question.

btw, IANAL but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

2013-05-22 7:25 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by GomesBolt Anyone watching the hearings? Issa started out very respectful, but now he's grandstanding.
I agree. Actually, Speaker Boehner agrees with that as well. He cautioned "No Grandstanding, no overreach, just let the facts lay where they lay." I do wonder if someone can clarify when you take the 5th, can you make a whole statement on your behalf and then plead the 5th? That seems a bit like someone on trial being able to get on the stand and answer questions from their own attorney but then refusing to answer any questions from the other side. Is that allowed? If so, then she's entitled to do that.

I'm not watching the hearing, but the "pleading the fifth" part is merely a way to answer a question without really answering a question.  Did you steal the kit kat?  Yes (admit guilt)  No (lie under oath), plead the fifth (not really answer, but not commit perjury).  If you ramble on about something else in the hearing, it's fully on record because you are saying it under oath.  So "the fifth" isn't a blanket immunity, it's just simply a legal way to answer a single question.

btw, IANAL but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

hmm, maybe I'm incorrect.  I just read this: (I did say IANAL) lol

REP. TREY GOWDY (R-SC): Mr. Issa, Mr. Cummings just said we should run this like a courtroom, and I agree with him. She just testified. She just waived her Fifth Amendment right to privilege. You don't get to tell your side of the story and then not be subjected to cross examination. That's not the way it works. She waived her Fifth Amendment privilege by issuing an open statement. She ought to stand here and answer our questions.

2013-05-22 7:39 PM

User image

Yeah, word is that she may get recalled and be held in contempt if she doesn't testify because by making her statement that she did nothing wrong, she in essence waived her rights against self incrimination.

This was funny too. Deputy Sec Treasury did everything possible to stay out of the camera shot. Funny.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2013/05/22/wolin-side-step/

2013-05-23 4:42 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I understand the outrage going after strictly conservative groups. I am they went too far when they went after a few of these groups.

If a group appears to be potentially to be a politically motivated group regardless of there politics isn't that a good thing as long as its non-partisan?
2013-05-24 7:53 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I just had a revelation about this whole IRS thing last night.

Back in 2010 I joined a group of like minded folks and we created a tax exempt organization to promote and fight for Civil Rights in the state legislature.  We filed the papers with the IRS in October or November 2010 and we were granted 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in February 2011.  Obviously I didn't think anything of it at the time, but after all this IRS targeting stuff coming out I find it a little interesting how easy we breezed through the process with a Civil Liberties minded organization.  Hmm

2013-07-19 9:52 AM

New user
Well , well, well, it looks as if all the excuses fell apart yesterday. The IRS chief counsel, an Obama appointee (one of two) directed the special scrutiny of tea party applications. And I thought this only happened in places like Venezuela. Sickening, just one more glimpse as to what "hope and change" really meant.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/irs-officials-washi...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324448104578614220949...
2013-07-19 12:03 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by NXS Well , well, well, it looks as if all the excuses fell apart yesterday. The IRS chief counsel, an Obama appointee (one of two) directed the special scrutiny of tea party applications. And I thought this only happened in places like Venezuela. Sickening, just one more glimpse as to what "hope and change" really meant. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/irs-officials-washi... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324448104578614220949...

I'm sure the DOJ will investigate this and bring up charges on any crimes that were committed. 

hahahaha, I crack myself up.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Rss Feed  

of 4