Irving, Texas
United States
Dallas Athletes Racing
Total Time = 55m 21s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 7/114
Pre-race routine:

WHAT? I got 7th out of 114 ladies in my AG? Shocking! 5th and 6th places were with in 20 seconds of me (dang it that they don't write the ages on the calves). 4th was 4 minutes ahead. I didn't have it in me go any faster, so I never would have caught 4th!
Run
  • 55m 21s
  • 6 miles
  • 09m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

Another short course! But it was probably because they had to route us around the flooded parts of the trail.
------------
The day started out clear and then around 6:30 AM it started to POUR DOWN RAIN and there was thunder and lightening. The race was delayed till 8:00 AM.
-------
When we started it was still raining, but it wasn't as bad as it was. I'm not a rain runner, because I like having music and my Garmin on my wrist. I put both in baggies and made it happen. Carried the Garmin while I ran and I was able to listen to music the last 2 miles. Otherwise I ran listening to my labored breathing. Ha!
---------
NOTE: While I hate running in the rain and never do it, I figured it men & women can sacrifice for our country and get wounded in the process, I can suck it up and run in some rain. It only seemed appropriate.
Post race
Event comments:

The race director had a rough day of it for sure! I made sure to compliment him when it was done on pulling it off. First it had to start late. Then, parts of the course had to be changed since the path was flooded. The food afterwards was good and they had a big stage with a band about to get started. I would have hung around but I was soaking wet and cold. Overall a great race and I would absolutely do it again!

Last updated: 2013-04-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:21 | 06 miles | 09m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/114
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-06-09 3:50 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: Wounded Warrior 10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Wounded Warrior 10K Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Wounded Warrior 10K

Started by m2tx
Views: 907 Posts: 1

2012-06-10 1:48 PM m2tx

Wounded Warrior 10K

Started by squirt
Views: 954 Posts: 1

2011-06-14 8:23 AM squirt

Wounded Warrior Project 10k

Started by ShawnJarvis
Views: 743 Posts: 1

2011-06-03 9:19 AM ShawnJarvis

Wounded Warrior 5K

Started by ELSpanishFly
Views: 1198 Posts: 2

2009-11-23 12:03 PM murrayk

Wounded Warriors Run & Relay

Started by bearpauly
Views: 1135 Posts: 1

2009-09-26 9:18 PM bearpauly
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 19, 2009
comments : 0
This third and final yoga for triathlete sequence is perfect for following up your training day help you feel more focused, aligned, rejuvenated and recovered.

date : November 6, 2008
Find out how the Flexible Warrior yoga poses can help triathletes through warmup, cross-training and recovery sequences. This segment is a series of active, range of motion poses used for warming up.
date : April 16, 2008
author : Team BT
Watch Christina Robeson, Chris Bagg, Janda Ricci-Munn and Lisbeth Kenyon battle it out at the 2008 Multisport World Expo in this 10K indoor time trial.

date : April 15, 2008
Find out how the Flexible Warrior yoga poses can help triathletes through warmup, cross-training and recovery sequences. This segment is a series of active, range of motion poses used for warming up.
date : February 18, 2008
author : YourYoga
The yoga standing poses in this segment comprise the tree, warrior, triangle, extended side angle and downward dog. These poses will aid in balance and provide gentle stretching to your entire body.

date : June 14, 2005
author : smeeko
Training plan featuring specific interval-type and track workouts to increase your 10K speed over the course of 2 months.
date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.