General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Optygen HP Is it the real deal? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-12 1:59 PM

Subject: Optygen HP Is it the real deal?
There has been a lot of buzz about the new Optygen HP. I decided to give it a try and this is my review. I hope you find it useful if you are wondering whether to give Optygen a try.

http://wp.me/p3tHad-h

2013-06-12 2:05 PM
in reply to: Jordano8

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Optygen HP Is it the real deal?
Probably worth checking the forum guidelines...

Shane
2013-06-12 2:24 PM

User image

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
Very first post is a sales pitch. Niiiice.
2013-06-12 3:24 PM
in reply to: gsmacleod

I actually did read the guidelines. I am not endorsed by Optygen, I got a sample to review and I am buying my next bottle. I am not spamming, this is not a commercial, it is an honest review which I have received good feedback on and just wanted to get more eyeballs on. I am giving this writing thing a try and I want my material to reach relevant eyeballs (not just my friends). II have read the forums for awhile, thought this would useful to BT readers . Maybe worth giving a guy a chance?
2013-06-12 3:37 PM

User image

Champion
Well, we could debate whether or not it is spam (driving traffic to your website) but I was thinking more along the lines of being a commericial poster and including that in your signature.

Shane
2013-06-12 3:51 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

2013-06-12 4:01 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

Well I actually thought you guys would be a little nicer than ST and "beginners" might be more receptive to a rookie product review. Apparently I was mistaken on both counts. Did anyone actually read the thing?
2013-06-12 4:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Let's see:
- Echinacea is a flower whose compounds is thought to be stimulative to the immune system. So some positives. Many products have this in them, by the way.

- A side effect of beta alanine is neuropathic pain. No thanks.

- Catechins could reduce pain and enhance muscle fatigue resistance. Other products also leverage this.

- rhodiola rosea is rumoured to treat fatigue. Anyone's guess as its unproven.

- cordyceps sinensis is a fungi rumoured to increase energy levels; however not really proven.

- Quercetin - several benefits - the reason i take this directly is that it suppreses histamines (reduces itching) without the weird feeling of an over the counter anti-histamine.

- Inositol (ironically the same as "I knows it all") - produced by the human body, also found in foods like oranges.

- Vitamin B - energy levels related - proven - and weight loss - proven - but required in larger quantities to have a good effect

- Iron - good supplement for blood - but you can also get lean red meat for a better effect

So in general not really a magical blend. Take supplements carefully - target specific and proven compounds and be careful not to overdose on some by blending together and also be careful of unproven claims.
2013-06-12 4:22 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Originally posted by Jordano8 I actually did read the guidelines. I am not endorsed by Optygen, I got a sample to review and I am buying my next bottle. I am not spamming, this is not a commercial, it is an honest review which I have received good feedback on and just wanted to get more eyeballs on. I am giving this writing thing a try and I want my material to reach relevant eyeballs (not just my friends). II have read the forums for awhile, thought this would useful to BT readers . Maybe worth giving a guy a chance?

But don't you ride for Russ Hays which sells Optygen HP? http://www.russhays.com/product_s.php?id=293

2013-06-12 4:25 PM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by Jordano8

Well I actually thought you guys would be a little nicer than ST and "beginners" might be more receptive to a rookie product review. Apparently I was mistaken on both counts. Did anyone actually read the thing?

You would likely get a better reception if you:

1) posted your review here instead of trying to get people to go to your website
2) disclosed that you are a coach in your signature
3) had some history here so that it didn't appear you were just try to spam the forum

How about providing the full review or at least a snap shot that doesn't require a click through and may result in some discussion?

Shane
2013-06-12 4:26 PM

User image

your review doesn't say you got a sample either.. this pretty much looks like spam to me.

2013-06-12 5:05 PM

User image

New user

Concord, NC
I actually just received a bottle in the mail today (although it's not the brand new formula). I tried it last year for the first time based upon recommendations from the leader of my tri club and another member who is an ER doctor. First bought the regular Optygen (due to the cheaper price) and then later 2 bottles of the HP. Felt I had better/more tangible results from the HP, I tried two product another brand (Millennium) which also used Cordyeps which again were cheaper then 1st Endurance. The first seemed to give me some positive results but was not on par w/ the HP experience I had last year. I figured I'd give it a fair shake and reorder a second bottle so I'd have a fair 2 month comparison to the HP last year and accidently reordered a different product (similar to the non-HP version of Optygen). Felt the second product did virtually nothing for me, so I decided to return to Optygen HP again. I happened to read last week that First Endurance changed their HP formula and dropped the Cordyceps, which is the ingredient that my tri team had talked about and I hear Rich Roll talking about alot, so wasn't sure which version I was going to get in my order (or hoped I would get when it came), From my limited experience, I can say that it is one of the few supplements I feel as given me a nice positive training effect as far as endurance and recovery. I'm not trying to plug the product here, just offering my option of the product based upon my experience with it and similar products to date.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Optygen HP Is it the real deal? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

So am I a real cyclist now?

Started by roytyson
Views: 1462 Posts: 8

2012-08-27 9:11 AM Good Texan

Optygen....

Started by Oriondriver02
Views: 4262 Posts: 15

2011-04-18 4:30 PM yaqui

Am I getting a good deal?

Started by steveseer
Views: 1038 Posts: 3

2011-01-13 8:05 AM steveseer

real hilly or am I just that bad?

Started by fire34fighter
Views: 1587 Posts: 15

2009-11-27 12:34 PM wbayek

Deal or No Deal?

Started by Patch-Adams
Views: 1311 Posts: 8

2009-07-07 12:39 PM Patch-Adams
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 22, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
"What are the current ideas on supplements for the triathlete?" This article will give you some real food options for many of the important nutrients.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : March 8, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 2
How tricked out can someone make a triathlon duffel bag that stands out from the rest?