BT Development New Products and Sales! » GORE Phantom Cycling Jacket for Men and Women - $70 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-09 8:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
Subject: GORE Phantom Cycling Jacket for Men and Women - $70
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we have a few GORE Phantom cycling jackets laying around and need to clear them out before the next winter cycling and running season comes around.

I use this jacket all the time. Wear it with sleeves in the morning and take them off once it gets warmer out.

Short description:

GORE Phantom cycling jacket for men and women , with removable sleeves, is perfect for rides that start out early in the morning when it is still chilly out. Sleeves can be removed and stashed in one of the 3 back pockets when the sun comes out. Great jacket for cold weather cycling.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Edited by Maks Tri 2013-07-09 8:51 AM

(Gore.png)

Attachments
----------------
Gore.png (73KB - 48 downloads)

2013-07-09 9:52 AM
in reply to: Maks Tri

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: GORE Phantom Cycling Jacket for Men and Women - $70
Fantastic deal!  Thanks!
2013-07-09 10:08 AM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
No problem. These jackets are very nice and there is a limited supply so tell your friends.
2013-07-16 4:18 PM

User image

Pro

these are amazingly wonderful jackets...

they run big, especially if you're looking for an aero/race fit.

2013-07-16 7:05 PM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by morey000

Thanks, I was just about to ask about the fit!
2013-07-17 10:18 AM
in reply to: Crazy Pirate

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
I have this jacket. Overall, it's a great jacket. My one complaint is the main zipper.....it's a little chincy and can be hard to get zipped, especially in the winter with cold numb fingers

2013-07-17 11:37 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Crazy Pirate

I'm 5'7", weigh 135lbs with a 37" chest.  the medium is a bit baggy- I should have gotten a small.  But I liked it so much I didn't want to return it, plus- it's not like I'm racing in it anyway.  So, it's got a few baggy wrinkles- oh well.  Great for those cold winter morning rides (I live in Tucson- so 'cold' to me is 30's and 40's- colder than that, and I'm not riding).  It's got a great luxurious feel, good water repellency, lot's of reflectors for safety.  I even wear it as a running jacket when it's below 20 degrees.  The zip off sleeves are a nice feature of course- but the sleeve zips also work as 'pit zips'- so you can just get some airflow into your armpits if you don't want to completely remove the sleeves.

it's just an amazingly well designed jacket.  $70 is a steal of a price for it.

2013-07-18 2:34 PM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook

I'm 5'7", weigh 135lbs with a 37" chest.  the medium is a bit baggy- I should have gotten a small.  But I liked it so much I didn't want to return it, plus- it's not like I'm racing in it anyway.  So, it's got a few baggy wrinkles- oh well.  Great for those cold winter morning rides (I live in Tucson- so 'cold' to me is 30's and 40's- colder than that, and I'm not riding).  It's got a great luxurious feel, good water repellency, lot's of reflectors for safety.  I even wear it as a running jacket when it's below 20 degrees.  The zip off sleeves are a nice feature of course- but the sleeve zips also work as 'pit zips'- so you can just get some airflow into your armpits if you don't want to completely remove the sleeves.

it's just an amazingly well designed jacket.  $70 is a steal of a price for it.

Never though about running in this jacket but it does seem like it would be perfect for it. No need to buy a separate running jacket for the winter, just wear a warm base layer if its too cold out.
2013-07-19 9:35 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Maks Tri 
 Never thought about running in this jacket but it does seem like it would be perfect for it. No need to buy a separate running jacket for the winter, just wear a warm base layer if its too cold out.

I wouldn't say it's an optimal running jacket, but anything works.  it's a little heavy for running unless it's pretty cold- like teens or below.  But - it does have some nice features that translate to running.  Like being able to zip off the sleeves and put them in a back pocket.  Plus, it's pretty water resistant on the front but more breathable in the back- so it works well for that early morning run in the sleet.  Not that anything really works well for running in the rain- as if you protect yourself from the rain on the outside, you just end up wet on the inside from sweat... so generally, it just best to use wicking material and let yourself get wet.

I also like all the reflective bits, as my cold runs are always in the dark winter mornings.  Not being hit by a car is always a good thing.

2013-07-25 1:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
Got mine.. Had to get it in white.. Only color in my size. Great jeacket.
2013-07-25 1:23 PM
in reply to: louamerica

User image

Extreme Veteran
I finally pulled the trigger on one too. It's hard for me to buy something like that in July, but I've been thinking about getting one for a while.

2013-10-18 7:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
Just a one time bump so that people can start getting their Christmas gifts now .

Plenty of Gore jackets still available. Please let me know if you have any questions.
2013-10-24 9:16 PM

Anymore whites in a medium hiding in the back?
2013-10-28 8:46 PM
in reply to: PaulZ323

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
Hi Paul,

Sorry, all that is left for the white color are Small and Large.

You should check out the other colors ....such as grey/black, lemon/black and red/black. All those have medium size.
2013-10-30 12:31 PM

User image

Pro

Any word on if the women's jackets run big, too?

I'm usually a small in regular clothes, and a medium in tri-stuff.

My waist is a medium on the size chart, bust is a small. 

Been shopping around - this is a great deal!

2013-10-31 1:18 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
Hi Elaine,

Its hard to tell because it does depend on the body size. What you can do is order 2 sizes and keep the one that fits you best. Return the other. We can work out something with the shipping

2013-11-03 8:44 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

I'm a little in b/w on this as well. I'm usually and XS-S. Going to try out the Small. Don't think I can handle another full winter of indoor cycling. If it's the wrong size, maybe I'll PM you, Maks Tri(?). Looks like a great jacket!
2013-11-05 10:53 AM

Thanks for checking Max,

I'm pretty sold on the white. Can you clarify on whether the jacket does run big or small? I've looked up some reviews that say it runs small but a few people here say is runs big. If it runs big, I could likely squeeze into if for a bit more of a snug aero fit, which I don't mind. If it runs small, I'd likely just bite the bullet and grab the large. I'm 5'10, 175, 40-42 inch chest, 30 inch waist. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul
2013-11-06 8:35 PM
in reply to: TriMomKS

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
TriMomKS, pm me any time if you need anything.
2013-11-06 8:38 PM
in reply to: PaulZ323

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northbrook
Hi Paul,

I would say they run a bit small so for a fall/winter/spring jacket, with a base layer underneath, a large would be good for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.
2013-11-10 7:44 PM

Rats, looks like someone beat me to it. Don't sleep people!

2013-12-03 3:27 PM
in reply to: #4799133

Do you still have any of the jackets left? I'm male, 5'9", 140 lbs and I'm told I have long arms. Thanks!

Rob
New Thread
BT Development New Products and Sales! » GORE Phantom Cycling Jacket for Men and Women - $70 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

D3 Launches Women's Tri Team!

Started by mikericci
Views: 2797 Posts: 1

2010-02-06 4:02 PM mikericci

Triathlon Clinics for Women in Chicago area

Started by Ron
Views: 3309 Posts: 1

2006-02-13 2:39 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : July 9, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Amenorrhea can cause loss of calcium from the bones, almost a three times higher incidence of stress fractures, and long-term problems with early osteoporosis.

date : July 9, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 5
There are so many reasons I love this sport and extremely buff, handsome men disrobing next to me is one of them.
date : May 30, 2005
author : infosteward
comments : 5
All you have to do is say you’re a triathlete and you intimidate the whole world. No matter how much you bench press or what you lift or how many squats you can do.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
comments : 0
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.