General Discussion Triathlon Talk » training programs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-24 3:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Mandeville, la
Subject: training programs
Im needing some either online or book training programs to assist me with the last 8 weeks of my 70.3 training. Im about to lose my current coach ive had due to circumstances beyond my control. I can no longer afford to keep him so Im looking for advice on plans I can review to assist me in these last two months. I know BT has a free plan but I was hoping for other options out there. Any ideas are greatly welcome.
Thanks

2013-07-25 7:05 AM
in reply to: trinity2014

User image

Subject: RE: training programs
i'm using the TriNewbies HIM training plan - its an 18 week plan - so you could easily look at the last 8 weeks of it and go from there - http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms/tno_HIM.aspand you'd be hitting it during the speedword/quality phase which adds in a couple of extra workouts each week
2013-07-25 7:43 AM

User image

I've used everything from a sprint to an IM training plan from here on BT with great success. You can make your own training plan if you're a paid member as well.

2013-07-25 8:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Just an idea, but can you work out a deal with him... you pay a flat fee to get the last 8 weeks written for you?

Trying to plug a plan into a customized plan a coach made might be kind of hard.

I know if one of my clients came to me asking that, I'd do it. Most coaches care about their athlete being successful on race day, and want to do what's best to ensure that happens. Especially if this is a coach you have been with for some time. I bet he'll work something out with you if you just ask.

PS- If he won't do it, PM me and let's see if we can work something out. I would need to see your current training though and go from there.

Edited by KSH 2013-07-25 8:18 AM
2013-07-25 8:27 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Veteran
Mandeville, la
Thanks for the ideas..and I will be talking to him this weekend about my situation. I have been with him for little over a year so maybe he will cut me some kind of deal. But if he wont Ill be sure to buzz you about an alternative.

P.S. : Im also going to be registering for IMFL 2014 this year. Im volunteering so I do have that to consider in the long run. This lul in my finances is temporary..not permanent. So ill be either hiring him back or someone new for IMFL.
Thanks
Dawm
2013-07-25 8:58 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by trinity2014

Thanks for the ideas..and I will be talking to him this weekend about my situation. I have been with him for little over a year so maybe he will cut me some kind of deal. But if he wont Ill be sure to buzz you about an alternative.

P.S. : Im also going to be registering for IMFL 2014 this year. Im volunteering so I do have that to consider in the long run. This lul in my finances is temporary..not permanent. So ill be either hiring him back or someone new for IMFL.
Thanks
Dawm

Coaches who are able to (when I was coaching with a club I didn't have any say of what I could charge), will usually try to help a client out, especially someone who has been with them for a year... and if you are doing IMFL 2014, it would make sense for him to work with you. BUT I also don't know his coaching situation, etc. I know for me, if I had been coaching someone for a year, and they had 8 weeks till a HIM, I would hate to just drop them ... something would need to be worked out.

IMFL 2014, exciting! I have a client doing it this year. It will be her first!

2013-07-25 1:19 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Veteran
Mandeville, la
Well he was refered to me by a fellow tri friend on fb whom is doing IMFL this year for the first time. He has only been coaching people for a couple of years. He didnt have alot of clients last year. But once his name got out his client numbers grew three fold. Now he has 12-15 people he coaches, plus his own training is involed, along with him having his own coach to help me through is races. In fact hes doing two IM races 11 days apart. I think hes a great coach and has helped me tons over my fears in the water and ive see progress. But the last month or so Im starting to notice things in workouts that has me thinking hes not totally looking at my data im giving him as well as the comments Im leaving regarding how im feeling after a work out. So even though I wont beable to afford him monthly anymore, Im adding that Im not sure hell be able to take me to the finishline for this HIM race with all of his other things going on.

Long story short I think hes bitten off more than he can chew in this coaching business he started. Just the focus to details dont seem to be there on the client side. Im sure hes a busy man with training himself and coaching others. But all in all Im not sure im feeling the confidence anymore. At this point in my training I dont feel ready for Augusta. But know Ill finish.

Im thinking the next two months will let me see how i feel not having him there. But seriously considering researching someone for my first IMFL training. Somone that who has more focus on me and not overwellemed by his own races along with clients so much.

These are just my thoughts.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » training programs Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Base training to training program

Started by lamarvenoy
Views: 888 Posts: 6

2012-02-08 12:55 AM beebs

HIM Training BT Training Program

Started by ddahms
Views: 907 Posts: 5

2012-01-30 11:06 AM ddahms

Training Program Question - Brick Training?

Started by Celly
Views: 919 Posts: 5

2007-04-01 6:52 PM cadreamer

Community Training Program

Started by jonest58
Views: 1363 Posts: 16

2004-01-07 5:54 PM Ron

Training Program

Started by mrclean
Views: 1707 Posts: 5

2008-02-02 4:12 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm doing the 22 week sprint tri program and the 2 mile bike ride it starts with is not very challenging. I see this as a opportunity to train the right way and challenge myself. Any ideas?

date : March 20, 2009
author : mikericci
comments : 0
This month's fun and fast training will help you improve performance and raise your metabolism so that you are feeling a bit hungry all the time and really burning up those calories.
date : February 16, 2009
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. For month two, we are increasing the intensity and duration of the workouts.

date : January 18, 2009
comments : 2
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. This program can get you fit and ready to then start any of our sprint or olympic triathlon training programs.
date : February 28, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 11
Triathlon traning programs and plans from sprints and olympics to 1/2 and full Ironmans

date : August 30, 2004
A couch to olympic triathlon training program. These programs will take you from a walk/run program, to a sprint, then to an olympic.
date : August 30, 2004
comments : 1
Couch-to-sprint triathlon training programs to get you over the finish-line of your first triathlon.

date : August 29, 2004
comments : 2
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week olympic triathlon training plans.