Other Resources The Political Joe » I think we need better gun control... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-17 8:24 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: I think we need better gun control...

For some reason the administration wants to give guns to the Syrian rebels.  I hope they do background checks and limit their magazine sizes to 10 rounds.

Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition

This quote is priceless:
"Our intelligence agencies, I think, have a very good handle on who to support and who not to support," Corker said. "And there's going to be mistakes. We understand some people are going to get arms that should not be getting arms. But we still should be doing everything we can to support the free Syrian opposition."

2013-09-17 8:58 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: I think we need better gun control...
Maybe this is smart. Better to have them fight each other over there then fight them over here. ok I was being a little sarcastic. I do not want to have to go into Syria in 10 years and die from our own weapons like in aphganastan
2013-09-17 10:53 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
It's a new form of US-Russian detente. We sell one side arms, they sell the other. Hezbollah and AQ fight a war of attrition and we all make a few bucks!
2013-09-17 10:56 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly It's a new form of US-Russian detente. We sell one side arms, they sell the other. Hezbollah and AQ fight a war of attrition and we all make a few bucks!

Why do I get the feeling that Russia is "selling" their guns to Syria and we're going to "give" our guns to the rebels.

2013-09-17 11:02 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly It's a new form of US-Russian detente. We sell one side arms, they sell the other. Hezbollah and AQ fight a war of attrition and we all make a few bucks!

Why do I get the feeling that Russia is "selling" their guns to Syria and we're going to "give" our guns to the rebels.

As a capitalist I would find that extremely disturbing. Can't the Saudi's chip in a few Riyals for the cause? We need the money!

2013-09-17 12:49 PM

New user

Lets be perfectly honest here, we are arming terrorists. And I believe that would come under aiding and abetting the enemy.

2013-09-17 1:11 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Originally posted by NXS

Lets be perfectly honest here, we are arming terrorists. And I believe that would come under aiding and abetting the enemy.

If you think that's been overlooked, here you go:

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/16/20528719-obama-auth...
In an order issued today, the White House said the president is waiving provisions of the Arms Control Export Act (ACEA) that restrict the U.S. from providing munitions, credits and licenses to countries supporting acts of terrorism.

So any other shipments, such as rifles, is quite literally arming countries known to support terrorism.

2013-09-17 2:02 PM
in reply to: DanielG

New user
Originally posted by DanielG

Originally posted by NXS

In an order issued today, the White House said the president is waiving provisions of the Arms Control Export Act (ACEA) that restrict the U.S. from providing munitions, credits and licenses to countries supporting acts of terrorism.

So any other shipments, such as rifles, is quite literally arming countries known to support terrorism

Just one more example of "fundamentally transforming" the United States.
2013-09-17 5:33 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

"We" will be buying the arms from the arms manufacturers, and THEN giving them to the rebels.

Some might call it a detente, others may call it subsidising the gun companies.  The only thing that matters is that it is going to happen whether any of us like it or not because nobody is going to stop it from happening.

2013-09-17 6:56 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by cgregg

"We" will be buying the arms from the arms manufacturers, and THEN giving them to the rebels.

Some might call it a detente, others may call it subsidising the gun companies.  The only thing that matters is that it is going to happen whether any of us like it or not because nobody is going to stop it from happening.

I have an idea to prevent this kind of stuff in the future.  We should change our government to have three branches where one branch makes the laws, and on branch decides if they're legal, and the other branch implements them.  We could call them Legislative, Judicial, and Executive.

It has to be better than the dictatorship we have today where one guy gets to decide what is and isn't legal.

2013-09-18 12:28 AM

User image

Pro
This President gives me a headache.

2013-09-18 6:43 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by Left Brain

This President gives me a headache.

I'm waiting to see what people make of this latest guy following the VP's advice and "buying a shotgun"

Thanks, Biden.

(edit)Well, that goes well with "The Political Joe" I guess.

Edited by DanielG 2013-09-18 6:47 AM
2013-09-19 10:18 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

(539733_585642148160790_1434475667_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
539733_585642148160790_1434475667_n.jpg (34KB - 16 downloads)
2013-09-21 3:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user

Henderson, NV

Looks like someone is begging for an audit!

Oops,,,,,, this was the work of CruseVegas,,,,,, sorry sweetie.

Edited by Vegasdiver 2013-09-21 3:24 PM
2013-09-21 4:43 PM
in reply to: Vegasdiver

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Vegasdiver

I think it was the NSA that posted that picture.  It wasn't me.  ;-)

2013-09-22 12:21 AM

User image

Expert
Arm all the politicians and put them all in Sryia. We can use drones to watch them.

2013-09-22 8:48 AM

User image

Originally posted by Vegasdiver

I think it was the NSA that posted that picture.  It wasn't me.  ;-)

I believe it, just like some jerk hijacked VegasDiver's account.

2013-09-26 11:22 PM

User image

For some reason the administration wants to give guns to the Syrian rebels.  I hope they do background checks and limit their magazine sizes to 10 rounds.

Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition

This quote is priceless:
"Our intelligence agencies, I think, have a very good handle on who to support and who not to support," Corker said. "And there's going to be mistakes. We understand some people are going to get arms that should not be getting arms. But we still should be doing everything we can to support the free Syrian opposition."

I don't think you are looking at this with the proper perspective.

President Obama single handed, turned Al Qaeda from an enema to an ally. Bush certainly couldn't' have done that. 

2013-09-27 6:08 AM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Originally posted by NXS

Originally posted by DanielG

Originally posted by NXS

So any other shipments, such as rifles, is quite literally arming countries known to support terrorism

Just one more example of "fundamentally transforming" the United States.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/largest-syrian-rebe...

Largest Syrian rebel groups form Islamic alliance
American hopes of winning more influence over Syria’s fractious rebel movement faded Wednesday after 11 of the biggest armed factions repudiated the Western-backed opposition coalition and announced the formation of a new alliance dedicated to creating an Islamic state.

The al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra, designated a terrorist organization by the United States, is the lead signatory of the new group, which will further complicate fledgling U.S. efforts to provide lethal aid to “moderate” rebels fighting to topple Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

So who, exactly, are "we" giving weapons to?

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » I think we need better gun control... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

STUDY: Using Guns for Defense Leads to Fewer Injuries

Started by DanielG
Views: 2240 Posts: 20

2013-06-28 7:22 PM DanielG

Medical Groups Oppose Gun-Law Change To Share Mental Health Records

Started by DanielG
Views: 1884 Posts: 11

2013-06-19 2:04 PM powerman

CA "Gun Control" Bill basically bans all firearms

Started by bcart1991
Views: 2144 Posts: 6

2013-06-03 10:30 PM SevenZulu

'The' Gun Thread Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48

Started by Ron
Views: 40921 Posts: 1177

2013-06-21 10:20 AM powerman

Gun threads - UPDATE

Started by Ron
Views: 2890 Posts: 2

2013-06-06 12:18 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 22, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Confused about how much protein you need, when you need it, and the best kinds of protein? The following article answers some of the questions active people commonly ask about protein.

date : May 19, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
First in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : November 11, 2009
author : AMSSM
Sleep is one of your answers to keep the doctor away. But how much is enough sleep? We'll discuss the benefits of getting a proper amount of sleep and the risks of not getting enough.

date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?
date : June 17, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Is it a good idea to wear winter training clothing while training in 70 degree weather in an attempt to artificially mimic warmer weather similiar to my race?

date : December 11, 2007
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : March 5, 2006
I commonly hear marathoners, triathletes and other highly competitive endurance athletes complain “For all the exercise I do, I should be pencil thin.”

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.