General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone use TRX suspension or other suspension trainers...m Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-22 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Hammond
Subject: Anyone use TRX suspension or other suspension trainers...m
for strength training? I recently have been able to use the TRX suspension trainer system at the gym and have fallen in love with it. I am looking to purchase a set for at home but the TRX are extremely pricey. I am just wondering if the cheaper, similar ones work just as well or if you truly get what you pay for with this. Any thoughts, ideas, opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shelly

2013-09-22 6:27 PM
in reply to: fitmomma2010

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Anyone use TRX suspension or other suspension trainers...m

I use TRX every day at work.  We also have Jungle Gym suspension trainers.

IMO, the TRX are worth it.  It's not just the quality, it's the design.  Because the TRX has the loop at the top, it forces users to maintain even pressure on both straps to avoid sawing.  Other suspension trainers, such as the Jungle Gym, lack this loop system, making them more forgiving of imbalances between the two straps.  I also prefer TRX's handle and cradle design over Jungle Gym's combination handle/hard stirrup design.

2013-09-23 6:29 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Payson, AZ
I live by the policy of you get what you pay for.  Not always of course, but often.  IMO the TRX is worth the money.  It simply is quality.  It is a small investment that should pretty much last you a lifetime.  Some folks are ok with good enough and make their own or buy knock offs.  Given that I use this piece of equipment 3x's per week I wanted better then good enough 
2013-10-02 4:15 PM
in reply to: bzgl40

User image

TRX I just bought one new in the box on ebay for $130.00 delivered.

Very happy,

Joe
2013-11-03 2:14 PM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
We've just started using TRX. Bought is a few months back, but moving from NH to PA meant that it stayed in the box for a while. Absolutely love the efficiency of TRX. It allows you to put together a fairly quick training program that will strengthen your entire body in minimal amount of time. The natural imbalance, forcing you to seek balance, means that we will reduce injury risks during the season.
2013-11-04 1:53 PM

User image

I just ordered a similar product from Woss.  Haven't received it yet, but most reviews online said they were pretty much on par with TRX and you save a good $150 or so.  

You pay a HEAVY premium for TRX.

2013-11-25 3:00 PM
in reply to: jrensink78

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wausau WI
What do you attach them to? Door or ceiling?
2013-11-25 3:41 PM
in reply to: jrensink78

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by jrensink78

I just ordered a similar product from Woss.  Haven't received it yet, but most reviews online said they were pretty much on par with TRX and you save a good $150 or so.  

Uh, how much do you think TRX straps cost?  To save $150 you'd have to get the other system for about $15.

As I posted above, I've used both TRX and Jungle Gym, and there is a considerable difference between the two systems.  Before I would have questioned the cost too, but now, I can say I wouldn't consider any of the other suspension trainers I've seen on the market.

2013-11-25 7:31 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by jrensink78

Uh, how much do you think TRX straps cost?  To save $150 you'd have to get the other system for about $15.

As I posted above, I've used both TRX and Jungle Gym, and there is a considerable difference between the two systems.  Before I would have questioned the cost too, but now, I can say I wouldn't consider any of the other suspension trainers I've seen on the market.

I was going off of Amazon prices.  TRX home is about $190.  Pro is $250.  The Woss system is about $40.  TRX charges $40 just for a metal anchor.

I've got my Woss installed through an anchor installed in a ceiling joist.  I haven't used it whole lot yet.  But so far I don't have any complaints.  Handles are foam.  There are loops for feet.  The straps have been simple enough to adjust.  The components appear durable.

I'm sure the vast majority of TRX owners are quite happy with their systems.  The Woss systems seem to be universally liked as well. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone use TRX suspension or other suspension trainers...m Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

TRX Suspension Training

Started by 15step
Views: 10890 Posts: 18

2011-05-13 8:31 AM Boosted333

Has anyone used this book?

Started by rhfwagner
Views: 1308 Posts: 1

2010-12-07 1:35 PM rhfwagner

TRX training

Started by biggoofy
Views: 6725 Posts: 13

2011-04-21 2:29 PM SCamp07

TRX and the Triathlete.

Started by SLO'Twitch
Views: 2908 Posts: 5

2009-09-15 7:38 PM BAD@SSFord

TRX for Triathletes

Started by asoul23
Views: 3233 Posts: 3

2008-01-01 2:05 PM possum
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : November 5, 2010
author : FitWerx
Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
Use these 3 drills to develop a feel of putting your head underwater and exhaling.

date : February 4, 2009
author : mikericci
Here are our most popular questions for training during the off season. Everything from treadmills to heart rate monitors to core strength.
date : January 3, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
We review the Halo Swim Trainer and how it can help the 'high elbow catch' part of your swim stroke along with your swimming tempo.

date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.
date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.