General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Should I replace my cycling shoes-feet hurt Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-28 10:47 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: Should I replace my cycling shoes-feet hurt
Ever since IM , 5 weeks ago the balls of my feet hurt. I have not run since IM and have only cycled, swam or a tad bit of elliptical. My shoes have been through 3 seasons and I estimate about 11-12,000 miles in them on the bike. My shoes are also a half size bigger than what I normally take. They don't feel like my toes are squashed either. I also have inserts which were put in during the spring last year. I guess it would be time to change those, but just curious if I should change my shoes as well. Are cycling shoes like running shoes where you should replace them when certain distance is put on them? I've never had an issue with them prior to these past few weeks.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Should I replace my cycling shoes-feet hurt Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?)

Started by kevinlbrown
Views: 1444 Posts: 3

2012-09-22 10:33 PM kevinlbrown

Triathlon cycle shoes?

Started by Maxwelltri
Views: 1053 Posts: 4

2012-02-10 1:57 PM Nipper

School me on cycling shoes - what do you swear by?

Started by SAquavia
Views: 2193 Posts: 16

2011-10-10 6:33 PM sashadog72

Cycling shoes OK in carry on?

Started by grandhavenbill
Views: 1554 Posts: 7

2008-06-17 7:59 PM anandiheart

IM feet gain Pages: 1 2

Started by chirunner134
Views: 2087 Posts: 31

2007-08-24 1:07 PM running2far
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 16, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 3
Several strategies for coping with or preventing numb toes and feet

date : March 23, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.
date : February 4, 2009
author : Coach AJ
Coach AJ discusses the essential clothing used to keep your legs and feet warm while cycling or running in the cold weather.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : July 3, 2006
They are comfortable, but on longer runs the ball of my foot starts to heat up. I actually had to STOP, take off the shoe, massage my foot. This would help for a while, but the pain usually returned.
date : May 30, 2005
author : tmwelshy
comments : 6
I’m only slightly thick in the head, but there is a gremlin-ish energy in the air as I prepare for my run. It occurs to me that this is not gonna be a comfortable 8 miles. This is gonna hurt.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Don Magie
Whether your bike is new, new to you, or you have not been on the bike for a long time, you really should spend some time thinking about how your bike fits you.