Champion
Philly 'burbs
Subject: RE: Obesity

Originally posted by powerman

Originally posted by chirunner134

Originally posted by msteiner

I'm going to risk sounding like a jerk, but here goes:

I was heavier at one point too (not obese/morbidly obese/ etc.).  Just heavy (190ish) for a guy at my height (5'7).  

In my personal case it was laziness and eating too much Little Ceasars (which is still an occasional guilty pleasure of mine).  It took a lot of work and watching what I ate to get me back into the groove of not being lazy and eating too much.

I don't want to take away from the stories of people who deal with depression or some other underlying issue that's shrouded by obesity, but sometimes (dare I say a lot of the time), it really is people needing to decide to go the path of greater resistance.  

Ewww... seriously? Little Ceasars? I would take a Totinos over them.

Really? Them be fighting words. I not had Little Ceasars in a long time though for the reasons stated by msteiner.

My whole life I have rated crackers and tomato sauce higher. Can't stand em'. They were on every base. Lots of good cheap pizza out there without having to resort to that... and that is coming from somebody that would almost loose a finger over giving up a piece of pizza.

Still better than Poppa John's or Domino's. Years ago I had a job delivering Domino's. I used to joke that I loved pizza and could easily eat too much and get fat so it's a good thing I was delivering Domino's instead of actual pizza. I did deliver for a pizza shop in South Philly even more years earlier. Now that was good stuff!!

2013-10-21 1:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Obesity

Originally posted by mrbbrad

Originally posted by chirunner134

Originally posted by msteiner

I'm going to risk sounding like a jerk, but here goes:

I was heavier at one point too (not obese/morbidly obese/ etc.).  Just heavy (190ish) for a guy at my height (5'7).  

In my personal case it was laziness and eating too much Little Ceasars (which is still an occasional guilty pleasure of mine).  It took a lot of work and watching what I ate to get me back into the groove of not being lazy and eating too much.

I don't want to take away from the stories of people who deal with depression or some other underlying issue that's shrouded by obesity, but sometimes (dare I say a lot of the time), it really is people needing to decide to go the path of greater resistance.  

Ewww... seriously? Little Ceasars? I would take a Totinos over them.

Really? Them be fighting words. I not had Little Ceasars in a long time though for the reasons stated by msteiner.

My whole life I have rated crackers and tomato sauce higher. Can't stand em'. They were on every base. Lots of good cheap pizza out there without having to resort to that... and that is coming from somebody that would almost loose a finger over giving up a piece of pizza.

Still better than Poppa John's or Domino's. Years ago I had a job delivering Domino's. I used to joke that I loved pizza and could easily eat too much and get fat so it's a good thing I was delivering Domino's instead of actual pizza. I did deliver for a pizza shop in South Philly even more years earlier. Now that was good stuff!!

No doubt. Blew my mind when they finally came out with that ad campaign saying their pizza suked. No kidding... we've known for years.

Edited by powerman 2013-10-21 1:16 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Obesity Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Why does America have an obesity problem? Pages: 1 2

Started by Bigfuzzydoug
Views: 3510 Posts: 49

2010-07-19 10:33 AM Pector55

Obesity shows comming our way Pages: 1 2

Started by mkarr0110
Views: 2474 Posts: 33

2010-07-02 10:44 AM trinnas

Obesity = 'Severe Brain Degeneration'

Started by KSH
Views: 995 Posts: 14

2009-08-26 12:34 PM mrbbrad

Childhood obesity causes: A poll Pages: 1 2 3

Started by bradword
Views: 2845 Posts: 61

2009-08-23 8:18 PM ChineseDemocracy

Is Obesity a Disease? Pages: 1 2

Started by GolfMark
Views: 2033 Posts: 33

2006-10-14 5:36 PM dredwards
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 26, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
If we don’t stop the obesity epidemic, an estimated 42% of all Americans will be obese in 18 years. One-third will be diabetic. Our kids will die at a younger age than their parents.

date : October 8, 2009
comments : 3
I knew I needed to make a commitment to a lifestyle change. Encouraged by other weight-loss surgery runners, triathletes and even Ironmen, I set goals to become an active triathlete.