General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Making a wetsuit zipper leash Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-17 2:59 PM

Subject: Making a wetsuit zipper leash
Has anyone ever tried to make a wetsuit zipper leash and have any ideas how to do it. My aquasphere swim skin just came in the mail and it doesn't have a zipper leash. Figure I can just tie a piece of solid string like a shoe lace of something around the zipper but have no idea what kind of glue or to use to attach velcro to a leash or to the actual suit, which is made of textile material not neoprene, so that I could actually velcro the end of the leash and have it stay put during the swim.

2013-10-17 3:33 PM
in reply to: jmscsa

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: RE: Making a wetsuit zipper leash

I would try something like 1/2" flat nylon webbing and then get 1/2" velcro and stitch about 3" of velcro to one end of the webbing, then stitch a loop onto the zipper at the other end.

A small hand-held sewing machine should work fine if you didn't want to bother with stitching by hand.  Use some form of waterproof nylon and/or UV protected thread.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Making a wetsuit zipper leash Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

repair of zipper - wetsuit

Started by Janinele
Views: 873 Posts: 4

2010-08-15 7:11 PM tjh

Wetsuit Zippers

Started by ssandate
Views: 1044 Posts: 5

2010-05-20 4:14 PM tlrmike99

wetsuit zipper problems.

Started by tractoral
Views: 1435 Posts: 5

2007-07-31 11:15 AM michael2_19030

New Zipper in Wetsuit

Started by tjtryon
Views: 452 Posts: 1

2007-05-23 8:50 AM tjtryon

Broken zipper on a Wetsuit

Started by chrome
Views: 546 Posts: 2

2005-12-18 10:44 PM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 24, 2012
comments : 1
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.

date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.
date : November 16, 2009
Discussions on a good stroke count, getting faster on the swim, swim drills to get faster, recommended swim drill time and 'my wetsuit is making me slow'.

date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.
date : September 3, 2008
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.

date : August 20, 2008
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : March 20, 2007
Making goals achievable is an important part of reaching our end goal. Also, having a bar that is set high is important, so we are always striving for something better.