Run it Fast
50sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 5h 41m 58s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at the hotel, gathered up all of our stuff and zoomed over to pick up Denis (one of Comet's Maniac Friends) and headed off to the race site.
Event warmup:

Took our Breaking Bad Cookies over to the pavilion where all of the race stuff was and spread them out so that people could see them. We taped up the Breaking Bad Themed Running Poster that we made to the timing clock, then went back to the car to set out the stuff that we wanted to access each lap. This was a 2.91 Mile Loop Course that brought us back past the car each loop so we could refill bottles and get food etc. (this really is an awesome way to do a marathon just sayin').
Run
  • 5h 41m 58s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 13m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a blast. Comet told me about this Breaking Bad (we both loved the show) themed marathon 3 or so weeks ago and convinced me that if I changed the way I looked at it (meaning, don't see it as racing a marathon but instead as a fun run) that I could totally do it without injuring myself despite having done Columbus only 5 weeks ago and feeling injured then and AirForce 4 weeks before that. She also very slyly included that if I went and just finished this "race" it would mean that I would qualify for Marathon Maniacs as I would have completed 3 marathons inside of 90 days (turns out it was 72 days). So I finally gave into the peer pressure and decided that this would be a blast and I was absolutely correct! We had a great time. We did the 2:1 ratio and we stopped after each lap to eat stuff at the car and/or drink, after laps 6, 7 and 8 each time I stopped at the car I had a couple of swigs of beer and a handful of pretzels along with some coke and other junk food. It was awesome to not be dependent on sports beans and other sport food that stuff kills my stomach. This was a total blast! Thanks to Comet for talking me into it.
What would you do differently?:

Not a damn thing!
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out in the pavilion with the racers still left there and the RD and timing crew, took pictures and Comet gave me a Marathon Maniacs Hat since I officially qualified. I sent in my qualifying criteria this morning :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Last updated: 2013-11-18 12:00 AM
Running
05:41:58 | 26.2 miles | 13m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: 2.91 Mile Loop through the Pinson Mounds State Park - At the end of each lap you checked in with the official time keeper who was also tracking each runner's laps. There were only 25 runners total.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2013-12-03 8:17 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Walter H White Memorial Marathon

2013-12-04 8:52 AM
in reply to: #4907504

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: Walter H White Memorial Marathon

Awesome! So proud of you! Glad you learned something about yourself. Not every race has to be an "A" one

2013-12-05 9:04 AM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: RE: Walter H White Memorial Marathon
I have done bourbon before triathlons but I need to include beer during events now based on your description.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Walter H White Memorial Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Sam White Memorial Triathlon

Started by bilbytrapper
Views: 1141 Posts: 1

2009-02-18 7:05 PM bilbytrapper

Greenwood HS Memorial Day Run

Started by dm26tg1
Views: 590 Posts: 1

2008-05-26 1:13 PM dm26tg1

Dallas White Rock Marathon - Half Marathon

Started by Frog Girl
Views: 1744 Posts: 4

2007-02-07 12:18 PM Gaarryy

Started by cody208
Views: 1715 Posts: 2

2006-12-11 9:57 AM Doughboy

Started by kpar
Views: 2363 Posts: 12

2006-12-12 7:44 PM kpar
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : September 30, 2011
comments : 0
How do you incorporate marathon training into a triathlon training plan?
date : October 13, 2009
I signed up for Ironman Frankfurt, next year July - and I am very excited about it. I originally planned to run my first Marathon in the middle of September, but am not sure if this is wise.

date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
After the Marine Corps Marathon, I started developing left lower/lateral leg pain late in my marathon training and pushed through it.
date : September 15, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
While adequate protein is important in your sports diet, protein should take its place as the accompaniment to carbs (grains, fruits, vegetables) in each meal and snack.

date : December 27, 2004
author : dwilliams
What? This isn't a duathlon?
date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle

date : August 30, 2004
Glassy waters greeted the nearly 600 participants for the quarter-mile swim. The 15.5-bike ride followed a beautiful course around the lake with the 5k run winding through a quiet residential area