Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Provincial Championship Races Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-22 6:53 PM

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: Provincial Championship Races
We are very excited to announce that the Niagara Falls Half Iron will host the 2014 Ontario Provincial Long Distance Triathlon Championship. So on top of being a part of this exciting inaugural event on a spectacular course, you can now vie to be an Ontario Provincial Champion!

You can also earn Ontario Provincial Champion honours at the International Distance Duathlon at our Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series event at the Lakeside International Duathlon, and at the Olympic Distance Triathlon at Bracebridge.

2014-04-01 10:56 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Oakville
Subject: RE: Provincial Championship Races

Originally posted by John Salt We are very excited to announce that the Niagara Falls Half Iron will host the 2014 Ontario Provincial Long Distance Triathlon Championship. So on top of being a part of this exciting inaugural event on a spectacular course, you can now vie to be an Ontario Provincial Champion! You can also earn Ontario Provincial Champion honours at the International Distance Duathlon at our Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series event at the Lakeside International Duathlon, and at the Olympic Distance Triathlon at Bracebridge.

A question for John (or anyone else) about the Olympic Provincial Championship at Bracebridge.  I raced the Sprint distance at Bracebridge last year, but was thinking of moving up to the Olympic.

I'm not familiar with how the Provincial Championships work - do you need to qualify to enter the Olympic race or will it otherwise be open to regular age groupers (like me)?

If so, will the "Championship" racers be in a separate category like the elites or the pros, or are they simply grouped with the regular AGers?

I tried to find more info on the MSC and Triathlon Ontario websites, but it wasn't clear.

Thanks.

Edited by Scott71 2014-04-01 10:58 AM
2014-04-03 7:57 AM
in reply to: Scott71

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: RE: Provincial Championship Races
Scott,

Sorry for the delayed response. The race is open to everyone. You race in your age group, against your age group. Does that answer your question?
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Provincial Championship Races Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Indoor Provincial Triathlon Championship - February 1/14

Started by JTTRIHRD
Views: 1028 Posts: 2

2014-01-21 2:51 PM JTTRIHRD

70.3 championship

Started by ff_jeff
Views: 946 Posts: 4

2009-11-16 9:24 AM tabbs

Prizes for 2007 Brampton Sprint Championship relay teams

Started by geoffs
Views: 1081 Posts: 4

2007-07-01 12:02 PM richtherunner

Natioan Sprint Championship regisration

Started by geoffs
Views: 776 Posts: 3

2007-05-17 5:16 PM jknapman

C3 ATHLETES DOMINATE AT THE 2006 NATIONAL DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS IN HAMILTON

Started by geoffs
Views: 1470 Posts: 2

2006-05-22 8:14 AM Elly
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : October 7, 2008
author : trvw
Q&A with a triathlete who decided to compete last minute while vacationing overseas in Croatia.
date : August 10, 2007
author : leifashley
comments : 4
From couch potato to a tri in 8 weeks. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The race organizers had it down and there were no problems at all. This was the perfect first tri, in my opinion.

date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!