General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spinning Vs Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-12 7:32 AM

Carrizal, Miranda
Subject: Spinning Vs Bike
Hi my friends, I need some help because I don`t know what is better the bike or a session of spinning?. Because my job I don`t have enought time to do a ride, due that I take a some sessions of spinning in the gym but I feel that is not enought. Do you know How many time I need to spent in these sessions?

See you.

Erick Hernández.

2014-04-17 8:11 PM
in reply to: Pitbullerick

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Spinning Vs Bike
Hi Erick,
I have been teaching spin for over 5 years. It is a good compliment to your training, but it doesn't truly replace good time in the saddle. Unfortunately, you can never quite get the same positioning as your bike on the spin bike. Also, you don't have to use your core muscles while on the spin bike because the bike balances itself. It is better than nothing and it can improve your fitness, but I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement for being out on the road. Hope this helps. RJK
2014-04-18 2:13 PM
in reply to: rkerperien

User image

Miami
I think it can replace some of your trainer time, but as rkerperien mentioned, there's nothing like being on the road. However, if that's all you can do, it is for sure better than nothing!
2014-04-19 1:16 PM

Agree about road time, vs indoor trainer/spinning bike time. But, there is a good series out there called Spinervals, that I purchased a few years back. I've loved it for the times when it's raining, etc. Coach Troy Jacobsen is an Ironman and triathlete coach, and his series shows people using trainers, and he is 'coaching' them through a series of tough routines. Check it out online, it's a great way to improve speed and stamina. Not many good follow along type of dvd's out there for cyclists.
2014-05-29 5:05 PM

User image

, Florida
I would say the bike. Both on road and on the trainer. I have done and have some great trainer workouts that help build power and endurance while keeping you safe from the blue haired ladies in your garage!!
Spin Class is a fun thing to mix in during the off-season, but for overall traithlon fitness, Id stick to the bike or trainer.
Just my 2 cents.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spinning Vs Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri suit vs wet suit

Started by melissaannross
Views: 2214 Posts: 7

2012-03-14 5:37 PM cardenas1

Sand Key Tri vs. Downtown Orlando Tri

Started by Gunky
Views: 1623 Posts: 10

2009-09-07 9:06 AM run26and2

2hr bike ride, Suncoast Trail, Sunday 8/9am-ish

Started by Renee
Views: 1124 Posts: 12

2006-03-17 3:52 PM Lucy

Bayshore Bike Ride this Sunday

Started by Lucy
Views: 835 Posts: 7

2006-03-11 8:29 PM Lucy

Clean Air Bike Ride

Started by Tri Take Me Away
Views: 1004 Posts: 4

2006-02-07 12:56 PM Lucy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 2, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Although a computrainer can be a great asset to any athlete, it’s not the only way to improve your pedal stroke. I’ll list a number of pedaling drills below and how you can incorporate them.

date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : February 9, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Many athletes face the challenge of putting in quality bike time during the winter. Spin classes are a popular way to meet this challenge. Spin classes can easily be worked into your own schedule.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : October 2, 2005
author : acbadger
I don’t currently have a bike, or the funds to acquire one. I have recently gotten into spinning. Is this a good way to train for the biking portion until I can get a real bike?
date : December 27, 2004
author : Don Magie
Introduction to our new cycling writer, Don Magie.

date : December 14, 2004
author : Don Magie
Known for its brutal cadences, nasty sprints and 12-minute hills, the spin class seems to be the perfect substitute for a raunchy ride outside. But is it?