Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Milton Triathlon - Try-a-Tri : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-30 8:56 PM

Subject: Milton Triathlon - Try-a-Tri : Official Thread
is the swim in deep water? for the try-a-tri

2014-03-31 6:05 PM
in reply to: 0

Subject: RE: Milton Triathlon - Try-a-Tri : Official Thread
If you mean- Can you touch the whole way? The answer is no. The lake is not crazy big but not touchable once you get anyway from the shore. And the rectangle swim course does not take you really far of shore but far enough you can't touch.

I think only Niagara/Grimsby Try a Tri can make the claim that you can touch the whole way (when you stay close to the shore).

I have not done the Milton Try a Tri but have done other Tri races there.

Edited by nicroor 2014-03-31 6:06 PM
2014-04-01 7:48 AM
in reply to: nicroor

User image

Hello

Depending on the day it can be nice or choppy; for sure this year it will be colder than usual unless we get warm weather soon; it is a deep lake

The bike is not easy either as there is a false flat out of the park and pretty much all the way to the turn around; the good news is fast return unless there is wind like we had 2 years ago

The run is fun as most of it is in the forest but beware of the steep hill coming out of transition... what a way to kill the running legs

The easiest swim for a try-a-tri is Niagara on July 27, 2014 (i think) as you can see the bottom and walk if running into trouble

Good luck

Jean
2014-04-21 12:25 PM
in reply to: JTTRIHRD

User image

Oakville

Under 6 weeks to go for Milton.  I know it will largely depend on the weather in May, but are there any predictions or insight what the water temperature will be?

Kelso lake is quite shallow at the other end where the public beach is located, but I believe that the rest of the lake, including where the swim course is located, is deep.

My guess is that it will be in the low to mid 60s at best. 

2014-04-21 5:18 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Hello

Even last year it was cold - nothing like the year before though

wet suit for sure..

Happy Training

Jean
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Milton Triathlon - Try-a-Tri : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Milton Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by Chantal13
Views: 6284 Posts: 49

2012-06-06 12:44 PM winter_mute

Lakeside Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by mgalanter
Views: 2034 Posts: 6

2010-09-18 8:06 PM mgalanter

Ontario Women's Triathlon Series - Milton (Sprint) : Official Thread

Started by TriCan
Views: 1823 Posts: 7

2010-09-05 2:19 PM mbasta

Belwood Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by Bopper
Views: 5168 Posts: 44

2009-07-17 10:13 AM Silver_wlf

Who's doing Milton (got tired of trying to sort through the threads) Pages: 1 2

Started by Tri-ing at 45
Views: 1992 Posts: 38

2007-06-07 8:15 PM sub2mn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
My right knee has a pain in the front, just below the kneecap. I walked 24 miles of IM Louisville. No pain while walking but it started immediately when trying to run.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : November 19, 2007
author : CyndiPPF
So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.