Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Newb/Virgin Tri Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-26 4:57 PM

Subject: Newb/Virgin Tri Question
Hi y'all!

I'm (finally) getting to my first triathlon (Valens) in a couple weeks... and I have an odd question...

Does my emergency contact need to be on event premises?

Due to timing of the event I'll likely be travelling solo, though will that cause a problem?

2014-06-26 6:59 PM
in reply to: nausbot

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Newb/Virgin Tri Question
emergency contact - nope, they just need to be able to reach them if something happens to you. I've done lots of tris while my husband stayed at home to sleep in.

Solo - absolutely no problem. I've done over half of my many tris solo. Now DH stays at home with the exception of my two ironmans. He actually went to my try-a-tri in May because he needed to care for our baby during my race. I am doing the lakeside sprint in the fall. Not sure if he will come for that one or if he and then then toddler will stay at home together.
2014-06-26 8:54 PM
in reply to: Daffodil

Subject: RE: Newb/Virgin Tri Question
Thanks!

Anyone else doing Valens?
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Newb/Virgin Tri Question Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I have a couple questions about MSC Toronto Island Tri

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 1155 Posts: 4

2012-02-13 3:30 PM Scott71

Carleton place Tri a Tri

Started by memark
Views: 904 Posts: 3

2010-05-14 3:18 PM mgalanter

Which race to try -Newbie question

Started by Lobster74
Views: 955 Posts: 5

2009-08-28 10:53 PM ski_babie

Niagara Tri - Different Question

Started by kimmax
Views: 907 Posts: 4

2008-06-26 8:21 PM kimmax

Rattlesnake Point Climb Questions

Started by TimmyMay
Views: 888 Posts: 5

2007-05-28 12:38 PM Bopper
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 5, 2009
author : pdxbiker
comments : 2
With my new triathlon goal set, I had to find a pool, set a schedule, ramp up the cycling, and keep up the running.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?
date : August 7, 2007
author : newinboston
comments : 6
Some would say there are easier ways to get in shape, and they are probably right. My first worry was being able to squeeze into a wetsuit by race day.

date : January 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on swimming, observing, asking questions, flip-turns, flexible ankles, rotation, Stretch Cordz, skiing substitution and resting.
date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Michael Silva
Without paying a personal trainer or a PT on a regular basis, is there a regimen of exercises I can do to strengthen all around?