General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have you, or would you, file a complaint against someone in a race? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-04 8:53 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: Have you, or would you, file a complaint against someone in a race?

I reported a guy for cutting the course and I told him I was going to do it. I have no idea if anything came of it, but I did find an official and told them what I saw and the bib number of the guy that cut.

Basically it was in a section of the run that was down and back and as the guy was running towards me, he cut over to my side of the road and bent over, I asked if he was ok, and he said cramps. I ran past him and then then a few minutes later he pasted me. No way he hit the turn around point. So I asked him if he just cut the course casue I saw him cross over and say he had cramps. The dude then tried to explain to me that he was on a relay team. I said Big deal, you still ave to run the same 6 miles as I do. He told me to shut up  and that he did not have to explain anything to me, so I said, "no, you sure don't, but you will heav to explain it to the next official I see"

So I found an officail and told them. I looked later at the results and found his number and it looked like nothing came of it, but I still know I did the right thing.

2014-08-04 9:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Have you, or would you, file a complaint against someone in a race?

I have encountered many folks who either don't know/purposefully violate the rules in races.  It's a maddening part of competing, that not everyone takes it seriously or thinks they are above the rules.  Telling the person to get over is about all you can do.  In my experience, no race official or RD will take my word for it and DQ or penalize someone.  I wouldn't want them to do that to me, without having seen it themselves.  It's a lost cause, so the best you can do it try not to let it bug you.

In beginner races, seeing people ride two abreast the most common infraction I see.  I politely tell them that it's against the rules, dangerous, and also really just annoying for fellow racers (as I pass them).  Never ever has a racer said "Oh, thanks for letting me know, we won't do that again!".  Instead, not only will they not heed the rules they often have rude things to say.  I really wonder about people...

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2014-08-04 9:07 AM
2014-08-05 2:05 PM
in reply to: happyscientist

Veteran
New York, Connecticut
When I raced in the HIM 70.3 Miami last yr. the bike leg is just an out and back on a flat highway. As I was riding I would continuously see packs of cyclists fly past me drafting off one another. I was so tempted to get in to the packs and pick up 5 mphs at least. seriously would have cut time off my bike time and my overall time. I chose not to and said to myself that it is an individual sport. I would only be taking away from my self. I ended up finishing the race at 5:02:45. 2:45sec outside my goal, but you know what. I am very happy I didn't cheat/draft. Its more a moral victory than a time victory.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have you, or would you, file a complaint against someone in a race? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

cant file under "race report" but...

Started by jimmy3993
Views: 870 Posts: 3

2012-12-27 8:20 PM The Chupacabra

Armstrong files Restraining Order suit against USADA Pages: 1 2

Started by cwpeters
Views: 4336 Posts: 40

2012-07-11 12:18 AM Left Brain

USADA files charges against Lance Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bryancd
Views: 13364 Posts: 186

2012-06-15 8:56 PM powerman

Copy someone's garmin file to your connect?

Started by tgrunnin
Views: 701 Posts: 3

2011-11-08 9:26 AM tgrunnin

just having fun vs achieving your full race potential Pages: 1 2

Started by Cardholic
Views: 1695 Posts: 29

2010-06-25 7:21 PM furiousferret
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : June 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 4
Coverage of the entire Mooseman Triathlon Festival with race video feeds, race reports and pictures.
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : July 2, 2006
author : susietri
comments : 6
Race report for my first sprint triathlon in which I tell the tale of panic and redemption.
date : March 5, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
When we get ready to train or race, we have a pretty fixed set of thoughts. We are unaware of how they affect our racing.

date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
comments : 1
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.
date : April 24, 2005
author : mikericci
If you feel your base work is adequate, then here are five areas I would recommend you can work on before your first race.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.