General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plantar Wart, Capsulitis, or something else? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-28 8:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Plantar Wart, Capsulitis, or something else?
Below my 5th metatarsal on the ball of my foot I have a callus area. If I press on it there is a lump underneath the skin (almost like a callus below the skin). It hurts to walk barefoot sometimes and I feel it biking after 45 mins into biking. And I feel it running after mile 4. Any ideas on what this might be?

2015-06-07 5:43 PM
in reply to: MRDAVIDALEXANDER

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Subject: RE: Plantar Wart, Capsulitis, or something else?
I am not a doctor, and you should probably see one. Having said that, I had something similar a few years back and it wound up being a plantar wart.
2015-06-08 8:54 PM
in reply to: MRDAVIDALEXANDER

User image

Master
Bronze member

plantar warts have a "seed" appearance like black pepper flecks..a "corn" can be a hard lump as small as a grain of sand or a shard of glass or bigger like a pencil eraser tip..I am told a "corn" is really just an intense callous..from repeated pressure on on area….if that helps..I am no dr or podiatrist either! But either of them can probably diagnose/"name" it and suggest rx..

2015-06-09 2:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

I got my first wart last year. I'm 95% sure it from because I had a blister/broken skin from running a marathon and forgot my saddles one day and had to walk bare foot around the gym. Mine started with what looked like a callus, so I thought nothing of it. Then it started to hurt just walking. It started to get so bad it was messing up my running form and I was starting to get hip issues. Nothing OTC worked (acid and freeze treatments). They helped for a bit but it never went away. They are supposed to be harder to get rid of than ones elsewhere on the body. I was able to get rid of it with a $5 bottle of apple cider vinegar. I tore a piece of cotton off a cotton ball that was slightly bigger than the wart. I then soaked it in vinegar and held it there for 12+ hours/day with a band aid and medical tape around the band aid to make sure it didn't move. Filed off the dead skin each morning and let it breath during the day.

A wart is virus and just digging or scraping it out won't "cure" you. This works because it constantly irritates the skin and it causes your immune system to realize that something it up. I think it took 6-8 weeks for it to go away but the pain went away after a week. The initial acid pain really hurt at first and the first 2 nights I had to take it off after an hour but try to keep it on as much as possible. Good luck!

Edited by Blastman 2015-06-09 2:08 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plantar Wart, Capsulitis, or something else? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Metatarsalgia (Capsulitis) on the 5th metarsal...

Started by rgeeblues
Views: 1657 Posts: 2

2012-04-09 5:58 PM Nipper

Plantar warts interfering with run training

Started by nelson24
Views: 4642 Posts: 6

2017-03-23 5:05 AM bigbag

Plantar Wart???

Started by gj50
Views: 1221 Posts: 10

2006-10-09 11:25 AM PollyC

plantar wart

Started by Tizzy
Views: 1352 Posts: 10

2006-05-15 3:07 PM dlugiwarriors

Heel Pain - Plantar Fasciitis or Something Else?

Started by J-McG
Views: 2728 Posts: 5

2005-05-11 9:52 PM duer333
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 3
Five years later, I'm still fighting it. Plantar fasciitis. It's back again in both feet. Running is out. I have been swimming and cycling only the last five years. How do I deal with this?

date : March 22, 2013
author : TryingATri
comments : 1
My first attempt at something is not what defines me, but it's my last attempt at something that truly defines who I am.
date : May 24, 2010
author : mrakes1
My hunger stays under control well enough throughout the day eating every couple hours but come 9:00 pm I am again craving something sweet and if I don't eat I don't sleep.

date : December 28, 2009
I have had Plantar Fasciitis in both feet for 5 years, orthotics have finally helped where I can run again. Are there recommendations beyond ice and stretching?
date : October 28, 2009
I think I have Plantar Faciitis? The bottom of my foot is sore in front of the heel in the mornings. It sort of gets better during the day, I can run without increasing in pain.

date : February 7, 2008
author : nxm165
Initial adventures of another 40-something entering the world of tri.
date : April 9, 2005
comments : 0
Differentiating between the different causes of rotator cuff-related pain is not important initially, because primary treatment for all of them is the same.