General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Michigan Swim Practice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-03-01 6:09 AM

User image

Subject: Lake Michigan Swim Practice
I am looking for large water swim practice to prepare for IM Florida. Does anyone know if there are groups that hold Lake Michigan swim events?

2017-03-13 1:38 PM
in reply to: Limewhite

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Lake Michigan Swim Practice

I don't know.  I am in for IMFL too  grand rapids tri and MITI are both good warm up events.  Also Steelhead.  Is snowing out today here in Lansing so I am thinking no OWS in the near future   I ha have done IMFL several times and I am in the Lansing area so if you have questions feel free to ask.  Having done the above mentioned races I can tell you the water will be far warmer and clearer come IMFL  

2017-03-28 2:21 PM
in reply to: Limewhite

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Lake Michigan Swim Practice
dont know if this is up your alley. spoiler alert: it will be colder than florida.

http://www.mightymacswim.com/

I think the ludington tri swim takes place in lake michigan as well.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Michigan Swim Practice Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Island Lake Triathlon in brighton michigan

Started by Bigrthanur
Views: 1999 Posts: 16

2013-01-13 9:52 AM Bigrthanur

Swimming in Lake Michigan

Started by stanner6
Views: 1550 Posts: 2

2010-06-12 6:35 AM rottieguy

Monthly Practice Tri's Northern Michigan - Any Interest?

Started by NorthernNewbie
Views: 848 Posts: 3

2009-11-12 9:17 AM NorthernNewbie

Lakes north of Detroit to practice in

Started by lgabbs
Views: 904 Posts: 9

2007-07-14 4:22 PM expensivehobby22

Lake Michigan OWS

Started by grandhavenbill
Views: 1103 Posts: 10

2007-06-04 1:45 PM ky1123
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : August 13, 2008
author :
comments : 0
Then the race bell went off and I started swimming, and I thought I was going to die. All of my swim practice did not prepare me for the chaos that is the beginning of a triathlon.
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : June 14, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
This month, we’re changing up the drills and they are a bit more complex. Stroke length and getting more into changing speeds is introduced.
date : April 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Practice these three workouts each week for 4 weeks. Just complete the workouts and notice the changes to your stroke.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Some are getting a little OWS practice in, others are strategizing, the rest are just plain scared.
date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was talking to this guy I work with who's son does tri's and he says that fish and sharks "NIP" at you while you are swimming." Okay so now I am freaked out.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Drafting, open water swimming, hydration bricks and aero bar tips for your first Olympic triathlon race.