Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Fitness Syncer now active for BT users! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 4

2020-02-17 11:43 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Fitness Syncer now active for BT users!

Originally posted by jmkizer

Ack, I jumped the gum a bit.  The Strength workout times are way off.

Saturday imported as 4 hours and 7 minutes when in reality it was 18:14

Sunday imported as 1 hour and 55 minute when in reality it was 23:05

Eric from FitnessSyncer is apparently in touch with BT about this. 

Could you please let me know when it's OK to remove these problematic entries?  Thanks!

2020-02-18 3:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Gold member

> Sunday imported as 1 hour and 55 minute when in reality it was 23:05

115 minutes is evenly divisible by 23 minutes, and right now your log is at 253 minutes (253/23 = 11).  They may be sending the same strength workout multiple times and it is added to the day's total each time which explains why that value keeps going up.

We've notified them of our discoveries.

2020-02-18 5:40 PM
in reply to: Matt

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Matt

> Sunday imported as 1 hour and 55 minute when in reality it was 23:05

115 minutes is evenly divisible by 23 minutes, and right now your log is at 253 minutes (253/23 = 11).  They may be sending the same strength workout multiple times and it is added to the day's total each time which explains why that value keeps going up.

We've notified them of our discoveries. 

Do you still need this information or can I correct my training log?

2020-02-18 7:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Gold member

We should wait to hear back from Fitness Syncer. Any adjustments now will likely result in the values being corrupted again.

2020-02-20 5:07 AM
in reply to: Matt

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

This morning i completed two bike rides and zero yoga workouts. I don't know where the yoga workout imported from or where my rides are hiding. 

I am trying to import Strava > FitnessSyncr > BT. 

(Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.03.03 AM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.03.03 AM.png (20KB - 0 downloads)
2020-02-22 1:44 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Good afternoon!

I'm continuing to have problems with the Sports and Strength imports

For some reason, a Weights was imported this afternoon (2/22)with a time of 13:03.  This appears to be the Strength workout from Friday (2/20).  I'm not sure why this was imported today?

(Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 2.39.51 PM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 2.39.51 PM.png (40KB - 0 downloads)

2020-02-24 6:44 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

This morning's swim imported with the incorrect distance.  Also, it is continuing to import elapsed time rather than moving time. 

Also, how should strength workout be imported?  Should they be imported into the Strength activity type or the Sports activity type?

If they are imported into the Sports activity type, should it be the Strength subtype or the Weights subtype? 

I've seen all three and I'd be lot happier if there was some consistency to how this imported.

2020-02-24 1:09 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Gold member
Janyne,

We will look into this - there is also a philosophical question of whether the default should be elapsed time or moving time. In cycling, there are arguments for each.

Regarding the drastically wrong amount of time for strength the other day - Fitness Syncer sent it 5 times, and BeginnerTriathlete added them together for a total. So that's why it was off by so much.

Eric and Matt are working together to figure out why that happened.
2020-02-24 1:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alicefoeller Janyne, We will look into this - there is also a philosophical question of whether the default should be elapsed time or moving time. In cycling, there are arguments for each. Regarding the drastically wrong amount of time for strength the other day - Fitness Syncer sent it 5 times, and BeginnerTriathlete added them together for a total. So that's why it was off by so much. Eric and Matt are working together to figure out why that happened.

Thanks for the update.

It would be really nice if there was some consistency in the way that times are imported into BT.

Cycling imports moving time. Running imports moving time. Swim imports elapsed time.

Edited by jmkizer 2020-02-24 1:37 PM
2020-02-24 7:43 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Gold member
While it seems like having all three be consistent would make sense, I would argue that most of the time the "breaks" when biking are because of traffic lights, etc. - not breaks we choose to take, but ones we are stuck with and don't want factored into our average speed.

While in the pool, if I have a 45-minute workout and I spend a total of 7 minutes on the wall resting between sets, I want it to show a 45-minute workout. Not a 38-minute workout. Especially if I'm doing the workout as assigned by my training plan, and then it looks like I came up short.

For running, I think moving time makes sense. If I'm doing intervals, I'm usually still moving even at "rest" because I'm walking, so that would still be moving time. If I actually STOP my watch and resume it later, that's because I ran into a neighbor and was talking, so I don't want that time included. So I think it actually makes sense the way it is now.

However I'm open to hearing other points of view.
2020-02-24 8:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alicefoeller While it seems like having all three be consistent would make sense, I would argue that most of the time the "breaks" when biking are because of traffic lights, etc. - not breaks we choose to take, but ones we are stuck with and don't want factored into our average speed. While in the pool, if I have a 45-minute workout and I spend a total of 7 minutes on the wall resting between sets, I want it to show a 45-minute workout. Not a 38-minute workout. Especially if I'm doing the workout as assigned by my training plan, and then it looks like I came up short. For running, I think moving time makes sense. If I'm doing intervals, I'm usually still moving even at "rest" because I'm walking, so that would still be moving time. If I actually STOP my watch and resume it later, that's because I ran into a neighbor and was talking, so I don't want that time included. So I think it actually makes sense the way it is now. However I'm open to hearing other points of view.

As I said, I think that it should be consistent for all activities. When I bike and I run, I stop for traffic. This is not a rest break, this is a safety measure.

If you want to use elapsed time for the swim, I don't think that BT should calculate swim pace.

What about the strength sport import issue?

Edited by jmkizer 2020-02-24 8:04 PM

2020-02-25 12:17 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by alicefoeller While it seems like having all three be consistent would make sense, I would argue that most of the time the "breaks" when biking are because of traffic lights, etc. - not breaks we choose to take, but ones we are stuck with and don't want factored into our average speed. While in the pool, if I have a 45-minute workout and I spend a total of 7 minutes on the wall resting between sets, I want it to show a 45-minute workout. Not a 38-minute workout. Especially if I'm doing the workout as assigned by my training plan, and then it looks like I came up short. For running, I think moving time makes sense. If I'm doing intervals, I'm usually still moving even at "rest" because I'm walking, so that would still be moving time. If I actually STOP my watch and resume it later, that's because I ran into a neighbor and was talking, so I don't want that time included. So I think it actually makes sense the way it is now. However I'm open to hearing other points of view.

As I said, I think that it should be consistent for all activities. When I bike and I run, I stop for traffic. This is not a rest break, this is a safety measure.

If you want to use elapsed time for the swim, I don't think that BT should calculate swim pace.

What about the strength sport import issue?

For the past few months I have been testing the FitnessSyncer > BT import functionality. I may be wrong but I feel like I have done way more testing of this than anyone at either FitnessSyncer or BT.  I find it both frustrating and insulting that you would change the data that is imported (run now importing elapsed time). Garmin, Strava, Training Peaks all calculate speed/pace on moving time for S/B/R. Why would BT be any different? In fact, I don't even see where Training Peaks and Strava report elapsed time!

I thought that having a way to import from non-Garmin devices/platforms would be helpful to BT.  I want it to stick around. You can philosophize all you want but people will expect for BT to behave the same as other platforms.  If it does not, they will continue to leave.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Fitness Syncer now active for BT users! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 4

RELATED POSTS

ZWIFT to Garmin to BT

Started by mambos
Views: 399 Posts: 8

2019-05-14 4:42 PM TheClaaaw