2021-07-21 9:36 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Vaccine or not?
Originally posted by marcag

Originally posted by Rogillio
Not at all. 2 minutes well spent. I hadn’t thought about the ‘viral load’. That sort of makes sense.

So.....are you going to get vaccinated now ?

oops, I'll get off your lawn :-)

LOL!

Heard this morning there are still 40% of the country boy vaccinated. It will be interesting to see where that number finally ends up. I know a lot of people who are just as adamant as I am about not being injected.

2021-07-21 4:01 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Some will get this. Most will not.

“Hey Mike did you get vaccinated?”

“No”

“Why not?”

“Cause f’ you!”

Like I said, most of you won’t understand.

2021-07-22 6:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
“Hey Mike did you get vaccinated?”
“No”
“Why not?”
“Cause f’ you!”

Actually that is a better explanation than your previous attempts :-)
2021-07-22 8:30 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Rogillio “Hey Mike did you get vaccinated?” “No” “Why not?” “Cause f’ you!”

And definitely no misinformation. 

2021-07-23 7:01 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by Rogillio “Hey Mike did you get vaccinated?” “No” “Why not?” “Cause f’ you!”

Did I miss anything yet?
2021-07-24 6:20 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Did I miss anything yet?

Well, there was an Election last November….

Where you been?

2021-07-25 3:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Who won ?
2021-07-25 3:04 PM

User image

, Arizona

Who won ?

America
2021-07-26 11:44 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Who won ?

Looking more and more like Trump won. Audits and investigations still on going….
2021-07-26 1:22 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Rogillio Well, there was an Election last November….
Who won ?
Looking more and more like Trump won. Audits and investigations still on going….

OMG not this BS again.  LOL

2021-07-27 9:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by Rogillio Well, there was an Election last November….
Who won ?

OMG not this BS again.  LOL

The pillow guy called it. Mark your calendars!! August 13th

2021-07-27 10:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

To get vaccinated or trust my immune system?

Here's a question for Rog.

If you could get a vaccine against cancer would you get it or would you trust your immune system ?
2021-07-28 6:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

To get vaccinated or trust my immune system?

If you could get a vaccine against cancer would you get it or would you trust your immune system ?

Obviously a vaccine in the traditional sense of the word is impossible. Cancer cells are not a virus but are actually your own cells gone rouge. Nevertheless I understand the premise. No, I would not take it. Why?

I could go into a long discourse about life but fundamentally I don’t want to live forever. When my mother was about 75 she had valve replaced in her heart. Open heart surgery on a 75 yo is hard. She had to have it twice. The accompanying drugs really messed her up. She started showing signs of Altzymers and her mental health continued to decline. More and more drugs and hospital stays and she got to the point where she was merely existing not living.

So no, I will accept my fate and die when genetics and my lifestyle decides I’m supposed to die.

2021-07-28 6:53 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
They are bringing back the mask mandates in various places even for fully vaccinated people.

Question: if the vaccine works, why do vaccinated people need to wear a mask?

And the corollary question, if masks work, why get vaccinated?
2021-07-28 8:08 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Rogillio They are bringing back the mask mandates in various places even for fully vaccinated people. Question: if the vaccine works, why do vaccinated people need to wear a mask? And the corollary question, if masks work, why get vaccinated?

Not sure why I'm bothering to write this as your wording seems intentionally obtuse and you don't really want the answer, but:

The vaccine works by preventing serious infection, hospitalization, and death in the vaccinated individual.  It also greatly reduces the likelihood of any infection in that individual, preventing that individual from either spreading it (lower viral load) or allowing the virus to further mutate.  The vaccination is not 100% effective (no vaccine is), and the Delta variant is apparently causing more infections in vaccinated people (but to date not an increase in hospitalizations/deaths).  So, in areas where the Delta variant is predominant and where cases are trending much higher, masks are being suggested by the CDC and mandated in a few areas to reduce the spread frequency.

Masks work by reducing the viral exhalation of the wearer, and to some but lesser degree protect the wearer from the airborne virus.  Masks are considerably less effective at both of those than being vaccinated.  Masks also don't prevent serious illness should you get sick.  So getting vaccinated works much better than masks. 

It's a simple probability exercise.

The anti-mask / anti-COVID-vaccine crowd is highly correlated and bears the vast majority of the blame for this pandemic continuing the U.S., so there really isn't a one vs. the other discussion happening anyway amongst that crowd.

2021-07-28 9:39 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

No, I would not take it. Why?

I looked at the rate of death from Cancer in Texas. It's about 45,000 per year in 2019.
I looked at the death rate from Covid in one year, April to April. It's 48744.
About the same

In the last 6 months there have been 9000 deaths from Covid. Annualize that to 18000. But 99.5% of the deaths were non vaccinated people. Let's call the vaccination rate 50%. If those 50% were not vaccinated, it would be double (36000), probably more since the vaccinated people slowed down (didn't stop) transmission....death...

So basically the vaccine saved as many people as a vaccine against cancer would have.

You are consistent in your rhetoric on covid and cancer. But then again you could probably make an argument for no doctors :-)

Edited by marcag 2021-07-28 9:41 AM

2021-07-28 10:01 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

No, I would not take it. Why?

I looked at the rate of death from Cancer in Texas. It's about 45,000 per year in 2019.
I looked at the death rate from Covid in one year, April to April. It's 48744.
About the same

In the last 6 months there have been 9000 deaths from Covid. Annualize that to 18000. But 99.5% of the deaths were non vaccinated people. Let's call the vaccination rate 50%. If those 50% were not vaccinated, it would be double (36000), probably more since the vaccinated people slowed down (didn't stop) transmission....death...

So basically the vaccine saved as many people as a vaccine against cancer would have.

You are consistent in your rhetoric on covid and cancer. But then again you could probably make an argument for no doctors :-)

Not at all. Doctors are needed….for most people. And for things like broken bones or gun shot wounds. I have never been to the doctor for a cold. Science has never cured a virus….ever. But people go to the doctor and they expect some drugs to cure what ails them. So the doctors oblige and prescribe an antibiotic “just in case” there is an infection. IMO the over use of antibiotics weakens the immune system.

Speaking of over use…from what I’ve read it’s medical doctors who are largely responsible for the opioid crisis in America.

My son has spent the last month in Cabo, Mexico City and Cancun. He is flying home today but has to have a covid test. And he is fully vaxed. He said they might not be able to get him the results before his scheduled flight home. I suggested he walk across the border as they are not testing ‘migrants’ aka illegal aliens. He was not amused.

2021-07-28 10:11 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio They are bringing back the mask mandates in various places even for fully vaccinated people. Question: if the vaccine works, why do vaccinated people need to wear a mask? And the corollary question, if masks work, why get vaccinated?

Not sure why I'm bothering to write this as your wording seems intentionally obtuse and you don't really want the answer, but:

The vaccine works by preventing serious infection, hospitalization, and death in the vaccinated individual.  It also greatly reduces the likelihood of any infection in that individual, preventing that individual from either spreading it (lower viral load) or allowing the virus to further mutate.  The vaccination is not 100% effective (no vaccine is), and the Delta variant is apparently causing more infections in vaccinated people (but to date not an increase in hospitalizations/deaths).  So, in areas where the Delta variant is predominant and where cases are trending much higher, masks are being suggested by the CDC and mandated in a few areas to reduce the spread frequency.

Masks work by reducing the viral exhalation of the wearer, and to some but lesser degree protect the wearer from the airborne virus.  Masks are considerably less effective at both of those than being vaccinated.  Masks also don't prevent serious illness should you get sick.  So getting vaccinated works much better than masks. 

It's a simple probability exercise.

The anti-mask / anti-COVID-vaccine crowd is highly correlated and bears the vast majority of the blame for this pandemic continuing the U.S., so there really isn't a one vs. the other discussion happening anyway amongst that crowd.

Consider this. The number of cases and death rate is the result of herd immunity not the vaccine. Correlation does not equal causation. And maybe the recent uptick is because of the variant for which herd immunity has not yet been reached.

Masks are a joke. Remember when we were told masks had to be n1a1 or something like that? 95% of the masks I see are cloth. Fart in an elevator and see how much protection your underwater and jeans protect your fellow passengers.

No matter, even during the peak of covid less than 0.2% got it and died. I can live free and without fear with odds like that!
2021-07-28 2:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Consider this. The number of cases and death rate is the result of herd immunity not the vaccine. Correlation does not equal causation. And maybe the recent uptick is because of the variant for which herd immunity has not yet been reached.

Masks are a joke. Remember when we were told masks had to be n1a1 or something like that? 95% of the masks I see are cloth. Fart in an elevator and see how much protection your underwater and jeans protect your fellow passengers.

No matter, even during the peak of covid less than 0.2% got it and died. I can live free and without fear with odds like that!

Consider this : in Texas 9000 people died. 99.5% unvaccinated died, 0.5% vaccinated people died. This is not herd immunity. The vaccine works.

To use your elevator analogy, if we're both in the elevator and I pee on you, and I am not wearing underwear jeans, you get wet. If I am wearing pants/underwear I get wet. Masks reduce airborne droplets. Period.

2021-07-28 5:27 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
What time frame is this over? Were the unvaccinated deaths before the vaccine was available? The Texas death rate is now very low as is the case for the rest of the country.
2021-07-28 6:13 PM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by nickster

What time frame is this over? Were the unvaccinated deaths before the vaccine was available? The Texas death rate is now very low as is the case for the rest of the country.

It is since February. The important number is 99.5 of those that died were unvaccinated 0.5% vaccinated.

Currently it's about 33 per day that are dying. Remember you were also crazy low (30ish) at the end of June 2020 and then it spiked. The spike will be much less because you have a certain amount of vaccinated people.

But don't be surprised if you hit 50 per day which is unfortunate because they are entirely avoidable. It could be close to 0. But hey, it's people's choice.

2021-07-29 10:55 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Every single person that died in Maryland in June was unvaccinated. 

2021-07-29 11:24 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Every single person that died in Maryland in June was unvaccinated. 

Every single person who died of covid last year was unvaccinated!! Yet the death rate dropped dramatically!

I just heard on the news and confirmed from multiple sources some covid vaccines causes an increase in breast size! That’s the final straw! Last think I need are bigger man boobs!
2021-07-29 11:24 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm asking for the source of your data.
2021-07-29 11:29 AM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by nickster

I'm asking for the source of your data.

Just google it and there are multiple sources.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Vaccine or not? Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Vaccine left/right

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1321 Posts: 18

2021-06-09 5:53 AM Rogillio

Will you get the vaccine shot? Pages: 1 2

Started by Rogillio
Views: 2001 Posts: 29

2020-12-31 11:58 PM chirunner134