General Discussion Race Reports! » Howard County Striders Turkey Trot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Howard County Striders Turkey Trot - Run10k

View Member's Race Log
Columbia, Maryland
United States
38F / 3C
Precipitation
Total Time = 55m
Overall Rank = 200ish/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 745 and got some breakfast in me and then got ready and headed over to the course around 915ish.
Event warmup:

Waited in the car till my uncle got there and did a quick warm up lap and a little bit of stretching to warm up the muscles. Also went to the bathroom PLENTY of times
Run
  • 55m
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Run went well it was a predicition run so we didn't really "race" it was more who got the closest to 11am. I left out at 950 not worrying about the distance to 11 but more my time and to keep going. Near the halfway point on a gradual climb I had to keep telling myself keep going keep going cause my body was telling me it was okay to walk. Stopped for about 2 mins at the water stop to talk to the guy/catch my breath and also get some fluids in me. Kept up with a good pace on the last half and just chugged along. Saw the fasties pass me on the way back as they were going out. Ended up 5th out of around 200 runners but again it wasn't who was 1st(cause trust me there were some fast guys) but I ran my race
What would you do differently?:

Train more on the hills and further distances. Running on flat ground doesnt help you.
Post race
Warm down:

Cooled down and tried to stay warm since I sweated a lot and also the misty rain hurt me. Got some food and gatorade in me while we waited for my cousin, brother and FINALLY dad to roll in

What limited your ability to perform faster:

mainly trainign on hills, goign up them I was really hurting could feel my HR go up big time

Event comments:

Good race small local thing for a few people. Enjoyed it.

Last updated: 2006-11-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:00 | 06.2 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Semi hilly course through parts of Howard County (Mainly Tamar road for Rick :) ). Mainly downhill for the first 2 miles and then rolling hills on a path to a water stop half way then down hill for 2 miles and then a long gradual up hill
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-11-23 12:09 PM

Pro
yep,
Subject: Howard County Striders Turkey Trot

2006-11-24 5:13 PM
in reply to: #607158

Pro
yep,
Subject: RE: Howard County Striders Turkey Trot
Decent race good time happy with it
2006-11-25 3:35 PM
in reply to: #607717

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Howard County Striders Turkey Trot
Nice work my friend! As I said, racing just a few days before definitely raised your time a bit. It will be good to see how you could do fresh and with some more miles in your legs!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Howard County Striders Turkey Trot Rss Feed