Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-05-14 2:19 PM
in reply to: #773640

User image

Master
Port Moody, BC
Subject: RE: Cultas Anyone?
Congrats you guys on the race! Those are some killer times, nice weekend for a race too! Wish I could have made it out, 5th wedding anniversary and all that so the wife was all "spend time with me" and stuff. Way to go on NOT peeing on your bike Mike! I can't imagine how free it would feel to pee while doing 30 K's but your shoes would get all squishy.

2007-05-14 2:29 PM
in reply to: #800029

User image

Veteran
Cloverdale, BC

ancientdude - 2007-05-14 12:05 PM And not only that, where was the Prize money? My buddy came first in the Sprint and got zilch...expensive tri, relative to others (75 for a sprint) and a promise on the website of 1500 prize purse but nothing! I am very disappointed in their dis-honesty.

I think they did give out prize money for the Olympic.  There were only 21 people who did the sprint.  153 in the olympic. 

The website just said: "$1500 prize purse for top 3 men and women overall".  Hopefully the full $1500 was distributed to the Olympic winners.

But I would have been pissed off too if I was the guy who came first in the sprint.

2007-05-14 4:45 PM
in reply to: #800077

User image

Vancouver, BC
Nope, neither.

Unless they were going to send it out after. Mike S, the winnner went up to the table afterwards and inquired about it...looked pretty depressed after that. I mean, this is what he does for a living...I sure hope he gets it!
2007-05-14 10:14 PM
in reply to: #773640

User image

Expert
Denver
Yeah, my buddy finished 3rd in the oly and they are mailing the cheques so there was prize money.
2007-05-15 3:16 PM
in reply to: #800346

Hi All, thanks to everyone for racing with us.

Prize money was for Olympic distance only. Ancientdude, not imressed that you would imply or even hint at any dishonesty on our part without more info. than what you would seem to be working with.

We didn't have cheques made up, simple error while busy putting on a first time event, no drama, nothing purposeful, just a mix up.

I spoke to Mike as I didn't even realize our error until he came up for his plaque at the end of awards.

This race had a number of challenges with City officials that robbed us of time we usually would have had race week for details like the cheques for winners. Sarah usually handles $$ and was busy elsewhere so again a simple error.

Obviously, you aren't very familar with how we do business to even suggest that a winner wouldn't receive prize money at one of our races? Mike was fine. Mike has our support and has for the last few years as he's raced with us at our other races and is coached by a member of our race crew. We comp. many up and coming athletes each year at various races. For instance, Liam would be comped with us for Cultus next year and if he called for our Oliver sprint.

I was concerned with our athletes with the lake getting churned over late Saturday so I made a call and set the swim up differently.

If any member of this board, or any other, ever has questions or concerns feel free to call or email us anytime for clarification or our thoughts.

Have a great season everyone and we'll see you at the races - even Ancientdude who is encouraged to contact me anytime with thoughts, suggestions etc.
Thanks to Mike for the heads up so we could respond.

All the best

Joe
2007-05-15 4:03 PM
in reply to: #801684

User image

Vancouver, BC
My mistake. For some reason I cant edit but I guess the website was a little unclear...my apologies. I loved the event and hope to be there next year.

2007-05-16 12:19 AM
in reply to: #801684

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Ironboy22 - 2007-05-15 1:16 PM

Hi All, thanks to everyone for racing with us.

Prize money was for Olympic distance only. Ancientdude, not imressed that you would imply or even hint at any dishonesty on our part without more info. than what you would seem to be working with.

We didn't have cheques made up, simple error while busy putting on a first time event, no drama, nothing purposeful, just a mix up.

I spoke to Mike as I didn't even realize our error until he came up for his plaque at the end of awards.

This race had a number of challenges with City officials that robbed us of time we usually would have had race week for details like the cheques for winners. Sarah usually handles $$ and was busy elsewhere so again a simple error.

Obviously, you aren't very familar with how we do business to even suggest that a winner wouldn't receive prize money at one of our races? Mike was fine. Mike has our support and has for the last few years as he's raced with us at our other races and is coached by a member of our race crew. We comp. many up and coming athletes each year at various races. For instance, Liam would be comped with us for Cultus next year and if he called for our Oliver sprint.

I was concerned with our athletes with the lake getting churned over late Saturday so I made a call and set the swim up differently.

If any member of this board, or any other, ever has questions or concerns feel free to call or email us anytime for clarification or our thoughts.

Have a great season everyone and we'll see you at the races - even Ancientdude who is encouraged to contact me anytime with thoughts, suggestions etc.
Thanks to Mike for the heads up so we could respond.

All the best

Joe

Very well put. This was the first time I've done one of the Outback Tri's and I thought, for a first time event, it was great. The course and the people were awesome and it was just an all around great day. I'm looking forward to Osoyoos later this year.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Cultas Anyone? Rss Feed  

of 2