General Discussion Race Reports! » MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Detroit, Michigan
United States
3 Disciplines Racing
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 26m 3s
Overall Rank = 9/100
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 2/20
Event warmup:

nothing besides riding bike to T2 and walking to the water
Swim
  • 13m 24s
  • 500 meters
  • 02m 41s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim portion sucked. you had to run out to a buoy and then turn and start swimming. I ended up casually walking out to the buoy because the rocks on the bottom were either going to cause me to lose a ankle or cut a foot. Not worth it for a 500m swim. The sprint course was not deep, so many people started walking in front of me. Im fine with that if thats how you want to do it, but one girl in particular was half running half swimming, and wouldnt let me pass. I think the course was off anywyas because times were absolutely terrible. My mom who volunteered said that later they told people that the sprint people were wrong with the path they took, but ????? Better direction next time people!!!! Im not the best swimmer, but that was my worst time ever!!
What would you do differently?:

nothing really
Transition 1
  • 01m 42s
Comments:

just another transition. No wetsuit today but we had to make sure everything was in our bags since there were 2 different transitions
Bike
  • 40m 5s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 18.61 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike was fine.. mostly flat, some rough spots and a couple inclines and that was it. They said along one side there would be headwind, then tailwind. I never found that tailwind!! But it as ok overall. I wanted to average 19+, but my legs were fairly fatigued from the workouts i posted this week especially later on the week. If i would have ever found the tailwind though I think I could have pulled it off
Transition 2
  • 01m 26s
Run
  • 29m 29s
  • 3.4 miles
  • 08m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

I took off on the run a little worried that I had a)pushed too hard on the bike, and b) had fatigued legs from my last three days of workouts since I didnt take a day off. BUt I decided just to go since it was just a little over a 5k. I didnt drink much but just kept taking water to dump on my head which worked well.. Luckily the knee was feeling good today so that helped alot. I dont want to jinx anything though so thats all I'll say about that. I pushed fairly good and was really happy when I crossed the finish line in 1:26. That was a new PR for me, and with a longer run course, and what I knew was a terrible swim. I easily could have pulled off 1:20 i think under a true sprint course so I was happy.

However they lost my time, so I had to go tell them and they said they had a back up system. I was worried because they already lost one for me earlier this year. BUt they came through. Unfortunately it wasnt until after the awards, and so I didnt get my 2nd in my age group award. Ah well.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. I kind of just wanted to do a sprint this year since all Ive been doing is long stuff. So I had fun
Post race

Last updated: 2007-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:13:24 | 500 meters | 02m 41s / 100meters
Age Group: 8/20
Overall: 0/100
Performance:
Suit: none
Course: out and back
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:42
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:40:05 | 12.43 miles | 18.61 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/20
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course: 2 laps around belle isle. Wind was ok off the river, mostly headwing/sidewind though never caught the "tailwind" there was supposed to be!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:26
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:29:29 | 03.4 miles | 08m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/20
Performance:
Course: Pretty much out and back on the road and then on some really uneven trail through the woods
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-06-24 6:21 PM

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Subject: MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance

2007-06-24 10:55 PM
in reply to: #857757

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, MI
Subject: RE: MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance
Congrats on the hardware!! Great splits, too, especially since you didn't even take a day off! Awesome job!
2007-06-28 7:35 PM
in reply to: #857757

User image

Veteran
Ida, Michigan
Subject: RE: MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance
Congratulations on the podium spot.   Sorry to hear that you did not get your award due to there timing problems.  I'm still looking for that tailwind.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » MotorCity Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed