General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri to Fight Cancer @ Lake Compounce Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri to Fight Cancer @ Lake Compounce - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bristol, Connecticut
United States
TriSport Media
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 36m 27s
Overall Rank = 143/200
Age Group = clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I got there early and picked a good transition area. I went and got body marked. Then I heard someone asking about chips and I was like ummm yeah where's my chip. This lead to my warmup.
Event warmup:

I went out and jogged a little bit. Stretched using a fence at the end of the parking lot. Felt great.
Swim
  • 10m 29s
  • 704 yards
  • 01m 29s / 100 yards
Comments:

I don't have my rank yet but I'm going to assume it was good. I lined up on the front left and took off running. I hit the water and saw a couple of caps go by but that was about it. I hit the first buoy and was wondering where all the people were. At the second buoy I looked up and saw some caps from the previous wave and a few white caps in front of me. Coming out on the shore I decided to take Dinah's advice and pull off my wetsuit in the water and it worked perfectly not stuck at all. Ran to T1
What would you do differently?:

Nothing it went perfectly
Transition 1
  • 05m
Comments:

T1 went great. I was considering trying to run jump on the bike and slip into my shoes but since I hadn't tried that before I skipped it. there was a .3 mile run from the beach to t-1 which explains my time.

nothing.
Bike
  • 43m
  • 13.2 miles
  • 18.42 mile/hr
Comments:

not sure on overall rank but I wasn't passed a lot. Pushed the big ring on lap 2 and really felt good. I was a bit nauseous so I drank some water to dilute the lake water and I was feeling good. I passed the 11 year old girl on lap 2... she's fast.

push the big ring on lap 1.
Transition 2
  • 01m 58s
Comments:

only one catch. I jumped off the bike and I caught my shoe with my heel and dislodged it from the pedal. I had to pick it up. Otherwise it would have been a pretty excellent dismount.

practice T-2 dismounts and mounts some more.
Run
  • 36m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Pretty decent run but my shins were all knotted up. I cramped so hard I walked more than I wanted to. However my splits were good. So 100yds to go this guy passes me and I see the C on his calf. I take off running. 50 yards to go I pass him on a sprint. My wife tells me that I had the unfortunate luck of passing someones "uncle Brian" at the point where his family wanted to take his picture. Oops. Unfortunately I believe that anyone in the finishing chute with you should lose to you so I sprinted past him and grabbed my finishers medal and looked for my wife and son.

nothing I just need to work on my limiter here.
Post race
Warm down:

drank a gatorade and ate a cookie mmmm

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I weigh 245... nuff said

Event comments:

This was a great race. Everyone was super supportive of each other. I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who helped me get here, Billy, Aaron, Mark, Kelly, Pat, Dinah and of course Ron who inspired me to get off the couch at Mooseman and start making it happen.

It would have been nice to get age group rankings on the final results but apparently that was asking too much of the timing people. I had to re-rate this race down to average because in reality it's a race and when you can't get decent timing... it's called training. Since this wasn't a discount race you would expect accurate timing.

Last updated: 2007-08-08 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:29 | 704 yards | 01m 29s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 64/200
Performance: Good
Suit: sleevless
Course: 704yd beach start clockwise loop
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 05:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:43:00 | 13.2 miles | 18.42 mile/hr
Overall: 64/200
Wind: None
Course: slightly uphill and slightly downhill 2 loops
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:58
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:36:00 | 03.11 miles | 11m 35s  min/mile
Overall: 185/200
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-09-24 9:25 AM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, NH
Subject: Tri to Fight Cancer @ Lake Compounce

2007-09-24 9:48 AM
in reply to: #976449

User image

Pro
Nutmeg State
Subject: RE: Tri to Fight Cancer @ Lake Compounce
Nice job.  Finished strong and you were in the top half of both racers and clydes not bad.  Too bad for poor Uncle Brian.
2007-09-24 10:22 AM

User image

Master
CT
great job Chris! I agree with you about the finisher's shoot! take no prisoners!!
2007-09-24 12:06 PM

User image

Expert
NIce work...good thing you put that 11 year old in her place;. Uncle Brian Too fkn bad buddy this is a race not a photo shoot! No mercy shown to anyone I like that, Killer.

Dood 245 u are my hero that is pretty damn impressive. Once u lose that weight you will be tearing the place up
2007-09-24 12:32 PM
in reply to: #976754

User image

Expert
Welcome to Super Mario World
Marlborough Man - 2007-09-24 1:06 PM

NIce work...good thing you put that 11 year old in her place;. Uncle Brian Too fkn bad buddy this is a race not a photo shoot! No mercy shown to anyone I like that, Killer.

Dood 245 u are my hero that is pretty damn impressive. Once u lose that weight you will be tearing the place up

My thoughts exactly. Excellent job,.
2007-09-24 1:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Nice Job Chris... Uncle Brian should've been faster if he wants to make the finisher's Shoot a Photo Shoot. ha,ha,ha U R the man... Chris WAY TO GO...

2007-09-24 6:29 PM
in reply to: #976978

User image

Regular
upstate NY
Great race. You just keep getting faster and faster. Keep it up!
Maybe you should learn to dog sled this winter up North to stay in shape for next year. Or skijoring? The possibilities are endless.
2007-09-25 1:15 PM

Veteran
great job. FYI - had we had a women's only wave, the 11-year old girl (Lexi) would've been 2nd out of the water! She raced the mini tri at Winding Trails all summer and then the last race she raced the full course. Can't believe she made it through that wave with all the guys pummeling everyone - I guess she's fast.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri to Fight Cancer @ Lake Compounce Rss Feed