Australia
27C / 81F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 42m 59s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up before the sun to pack the car up eat breakie and trek out to York. was a beautiful drive, theres been so much rain its all green and the flowers are all out. Yorks pretty!

Event warmup:

No warm up I just milled around ate a little more to top up the breakfast. and just enjoyed the sun! I was all ready to go with the team. The sun was out and there was no wind at all. I was in a little shock to be honest the weather has been so horrible lately.
(I was getting nervous, I was totally unprepared for the weathther I've been training for windy rainy and cold hehe!! no beautiful sunny perfect weather :) )
Bike
  • 1h 42m 59s
  • 54 kms
  • 31.46 km/hr
Comments:

So as I said it was absolutely beautiful day I felt naked! was wearing just the summer riding gear, no arms long gloves, shoe covers etc. It was just fantastic! the wind picked up while we were out on the course luckily it was a headwind on the way out and we got blown back a bit on the homeward stretch.

We worked really well as a team together. taking turns on the front. it all went really smoothly. I didn't drink nearly enough but I get distracted aboutdrinknig when I'm riding in a team thing. need to concentrate on that more.

These events are a bit hard at times, its a team time trial obviously everyone is at different levels but our team is pretty good at helping everyone along and sticking to a good pace that everyone is comfy with. We were passed by a team doing the longer event. however they only just passed us. We sat behind them in their draft. some of the guys on my team immediately wanted to pass them.

I said no, we were travelling faster then they were but we were sitting in their draft. if we were to pass them right then and there we would have used up alot of energy and then I know some of the not as strong team members would fall back and slow down. (hence causing that tema to then pass us again) So we sat back in their draft and enjoyed it for a couple of km's. then when everyone was refreshed and happy we upped the pace and passed the team all together and zoomed off. (if we'd done it before I think only half the team wouldh ave made it passed them and the other half would be stuck behind that team)
What would you do differently?:

Drink more, work out some better team tactics about teams passing and passing teams.
Post race
Warm down:

I for the first time after a race did a good stretch!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not much it was a team event I was riding stronger then I usually do!

Event comments:

I'm very very happy that I can comfortably ride 54k's at the moment and see it as a short ride~ I really just felt warmed up by about 40ks! I'm really quite impressed!!

Last updated: 2007-09-24 12:00 AM
Biking
01:42:59 | 54 kms | 31.46 km/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Headwind
Course: Out and Back, undulating
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 90
Turns: Good Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-09-24 11:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Perth, Oz
Subject: Cyclosportif Sur le Rivet a York

2007-09-24 11:38 PM
in reply to: #977699

Perth
Subject: RE: Cyclosportif Sur le Rivet a York

Nice ride there...

All your hills work and long sessions seem to be paying off.  And it was a fantastic morningto be out wasn't it! cool, sunny and lots of wild flowers...

2007-09-25 5:19 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-09-25 7:18 PM

Expert
Herndon VA

Hey Mel,

It sounds like you had a good day.  That's great the 54km seems like a short ride.  You're definitely building a nice base.  Congratulations on a great race.

Ernie

2007-09-25 11:20 PM

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Good showing on what reads like a beautiful day.
Congratulations!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cyclosportif Sur le Rivet a York Rss Feed