General Discussion Race Reports! » Stafford Educational Foundation 5k Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Stafford Educational Foundation 5k Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Stafford, Kansas
United States
Stafford Recreation Commission
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 17m 33s
Overall Rank = 2/25
Age Group = 19-29
Age Group Rank = 2/N/A
Pre-race routine:

Called Ty to make sure he was up and around. Mollie, Jacob, & Colby ended up running also! What troopers! Made our way to race site and got registered!
Event warmup:

Jogged a little just to get the legs moving.
Run
  • 17m 33s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 05m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

All in all I guess it was a good race. Since all of the family grew up in this town they know everybody. A kid the graduated from HS in 2003 was in town. He ran for Fort Hays State in college so he is a very talented runner. I actually met him friday night at a party of one of Ty's friends.
The family and Jared (FHSU guy) all started together. I told Ty that I would run with him as long as he was in the lead. He said that was cool and told me to try to beat Jared and he would run with Jacob. After about half of a mile Jared and myself dropped the rest of the pack. We chatted about college, marathon training, and other run related stuff as we ran. Didn't really feel like we was pushing the pace because we were talking the whole way. Felt great the whole way. To finish the race you had to do 3/4 of a lap on the track. We were side by side entering the track. I wasn't going to sprint for the line knowing that I'm training for Oct. 21. So with about 100 yards left he got about two steps ahead of me.
Something about the morning but as we approached the finish line my eyes were a little bit blurry and I couldn't read the clock. About 25 yards from the clock it became clear and I thought YEAH RIGHT!!! 17:33 you have got to be kidding. That is a PR and I'm not even trying too! When I set my PR for 5K last year it was an extremely hard race. This was easy. I guess all the training miles have paid off!
What would you do differently?:

Stay sober the night before! Got fairly drunk on Friday night!
Post race
Warm down:

After crossing the finish line I made my way to the football field. Alcohol was returning if you know what I mean...Did that then went back out on the course backwards to try to find the family. Ty and Jacod was in 5 & 6 place. They were back alittle but still really good for fellows who run 1 race a year! Mollie and Colby decided to walk with some of her friends! I ran the course backwards to catch all the family. After talking at the finish for a little bit I told them I would see them at the parade alittle later. I had more miles to run!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Amount of training miles! Blood alcohol content! Lack of taper!

Event comments:

3 water stations for a 5k! I think that is plenty. Nothing fancy because it is a small town race. It was very fun. Tori took a couple good pics. I'll post them when she gets up!

Last updated: 2007-10-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:17:33 | 03.11 miles | 05m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/N/A
Overall: 2/25
Performance: Average
Course: Flat loop around the town of Stafford!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-10-08 6:36 AM

User image

Expert
Stafford, Ks
Subject: Stafford Educational Foundation 5k Run

2007-10-08 8:19 AM
in reply to: #996010

User image

Expert
Reykjavik, Iceland
Subject: RE: Stafford Educational Foundation 5k Run

So you did not push it, you talked the whole, you where drunk the night before and you did 17:33 !!!

I hate you......How can you run that fast ???????

I am sooooooo jealous, I wonder what you can do when you go for it !

Well congratulations on a new PB

2007-10-08 8:19 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Seriously! With a hangover?! TEACH ME.
2007-10-08 4:52 PM

User image

Pro
A farming town in MN

FAAAAAAAAAASSSSST!!!  And you ran another 17 miles after that?!!!  Life is not fair ...

Great run!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Stafford Educational Foundation 5k Run Rss Feed