The Toronto Marathon
12C / 54F
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 05m 33s
Overall Rank = 2098/4000
Age Group = Men 45-50
Age Group Rank = 178/233
Pre-race routine:

Met up with running buddy and pacer at 6:30 at his house, then drove to the parking area.

Walked up to the bag check area and general starting area and then in to the mall to keep warm and stretch
Event warmup:

Light stretching and walking to the start line
Run
  • 2h 05m 33s
  • 21.1 kms
  • 05m 57s  min/km
Comments:

Good run. Started with a good easy pace. Ran down Yonge and didn't stop until the first water station that was after Hog Hollow (big hill on the course). Basically kept the pace up and only walked the water stations (no more that about 30 seconds at a break. Felt good and was good to have a runner with me the whole way who kept me focused.

Hills didn't seem to be much of a challenge today, so was feeling confident that I would be my old PB. I did manage to finish 18 seconds better that my PB, but slightly diaspointed that it was faster than that.
What would you do differently?:

Spent a fair amount of time weaving as we started at the 2:30 area. Maybe start nearer the front next time and see if we can pace better with less weaving.
Post race
Warm down:

Wandering around getting food, light stretching and changing in to dry shirt and long pants. Waled around a fair amount before getting the subway back to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

A little too much weaving, but generally felt great and it was a great race.

Event comments:

Some of the water stations were disorganized and they were not up to speed on the water or gatorade. They were not poured and sometimes had to line up to get water or gatorade. One station I got undiluted gatorade powder poured in the cup as it was being passed to me. This also slowed me down a little, otherwise I could have been finished 20 seconds faster?

Last updated: 2007-08-28 12:00 AM
Running
02:05:33 | 21.1 kms | 05m 57s  min/km
Age Group: 178/233
Overall: 2098/4000
Performance: Good
Course: Start behind Mel Lastman square, north and then over to Yonge Street. Down Yonge and then down Rosedale Valley and then along Front to University and up University to the finish
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes