United States
46F / 8C
Overcast
Total Time = 36m 26s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-40
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

got the kids up and had some oatmeal and waited for Erica to come over (BF) and DH to get home from work. Race started at 11 so there was not crazy early but crack of dawn dance going on here. went to race site, an old familiar nemesis, registered and jokes about possibly placing due to low turnout. turns out there were 7 women racing, 1 was 14, 2 were in the 29-34 age group, 3 in my age group and 1 in the 55 and up. they only gave recognition to the top finishers.
Event warmup:

had some coffee and BS'd with Nora and Erica.
Run
  • 36m 26s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 11m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

i did fine for me. the hills and wet leaves were all working against me but i kept running the whole way, even up that b**** of a hill on the way back. it is very unsettling to be finishing up mile 1 and a little bit, look down at the watch and see about 11:09 and then look up to see the winner passing me the opposite direction! i don't like small races, i don't seem to push myself as hard as in big races because i'm out there all by myself just like training. mile 2 seemed to take forever to get through. i thought they just didn't mark it and then when i hit it i was like what the?????? but whatever, i'm cool with it. i do believe this is the fastest i have done this course. lord only knows why i don't use it as a training run, it's minutes from my house! DUH!
What would you do differently?:

get better cold weather running stuff, my hands and toes were cold and the sweatpants i had on were bugging me but other than that i was happy with my performance.
Post race
Warm down:

more coffee and waited for awards. Nora had to leave and i thought it they were giving out prizes for place 1 and 2 and that i would get her prize for her but no prize for #2 spot. Erica and i did both win in the raffle a $15 gift certificate to road id so i got that going for me!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing, this is a good representation of where i am with my run right now. i'm hoping to improve it with a 5K each month all winter long. i will get my butt out to train this course though and be back on it ASAP!

Event comments:

this was their first 5K and it went off well. lots of good snacks which is always a selling point for me. i wish they had a better turnout but the rain last night may have held people off. it was good race for a good cause and i hope to be back there next year.

Last updated: 2007-11-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:26 | 03.2 miles | 11m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: pretty and through a park. one big hill that is your friend on the way out but not so much on the way back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-11-10 8:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: I Matter 5K

2007-11-10 9:46 PM
in reply to: #1047425

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: I Matter 5K

congrats on doing the 5K this month like you said you would! cool that you won the gift certificate - i have yet to win a raffle in my LIFE!

you could do better letting yer big sis know (or remind a distracted busy woman if ya already told me) this race was coming up, i like to spread the race mojo around as much as receive

i hope this becomes a training run you conquer - and that you get better gear to keep the extremities toasty chilly toes aint no fun!

2007-11-11 1:03 PM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Nice run & congrats on winning the raffle. That's how I got my morgue tag (oh, wait Road ID) too - won a raffle! I have a flashy pink wrist one...

Small races stink, but you did great anyway!

Kristen
2007-11-14 6:42 AM

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Congrats on a great race and for just getting out there!! I've started to enjoy 5Ks. It's even better to get a gift cert at the end. Road IDs are cool and really a good thing!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » I Matter 5K Rss Feed