Howard County Striders
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 52m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and got some breakfast in me and got ready for the race. Had to register the day of so didn't really get any big warm up
Event warmup:

Just sorta went to the bathroom a bunch of times and tried to figure out when I wanted to head out.
Run
  • 52m
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

Started out a bit too quick and I think this is what hurt me in the long run. The beginning of the course is all downhill and I kept up a fair good pace until the water stop at the turn around. I stopped and got some water in me and when I started walking again I could feel my calves trying to cramp up. I slowly walked for about 100yards and then tried to keep the pace going. I went for about a mile and had to stop again. Got tired. Kept telling myself to keep going but my body gave up, or more like my mind got the best of me. Proud with the time in the long run of it, but could have done better.
What would you do differently?:

Run more before the race, or the weeks before it. I really have cut back on my training because of school lately. I can't wait to be done with school and be on a set schedule.
Post race
Warm down:

Cooled down got some water in me and a banana. Then stretched and waited for my brother, girlfriend, dad and uncle to come in. Also to see who got closets to 11. Since this was the whole point of the race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably a little bit of the hills near the end, a little warm that day and lack of training before hand.

Event comments:

A little local race which saw its biggest group this year. 257 people! Big change from last years 185. Great time and always fun.

Last updated: 2007-11-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:00 | 06.2 miles | 08m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: Little rolling hills through a small path through Howard County
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-11-25 8:53 PM

Pro
yep,
Subject: Turkey Trot Prediction Run 10k

2007-11-26 2:43 PM
in reply to: #1067635

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Turkey Trot Prediction Run 10k

Wow, that's still a great time considering you haven't been running much!  Anywhere close to predicted time?

Great job, now finish up school so you can focus on the real goal .. Columbia finish!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Turkey Trot Prediction Run 10k Rss Feed