Runner's Roost
21F / -6C
Sunny
Total Time = 10h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 56/64
Pre-race routine:

I went to Road Runner for Yak Tracks, but they didn't work with the surgical boot. I got something called "Get a Grip" with spikes on the bottom. I also got waterproof socks. I put my gear out the night before. Had to do some extra icing of my right foot as the waterproof sock didn't fit due to swelling.
Event warmup:

Starbucks green tea latte, nonfat, no whip--grande size : ) Make use of the porta-potty--oh yeah, I was lucky there. I almost dropped my glove in!
Run
  • 42m 7s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 13m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a beautiful day--except for the sun. I got a slight rash on my left cheek (photosensitive) but otherwise it was great. I took it upon myself to pick up the dropped items from all the folks ahead of me--gloves, a hat, yak tracks.
What would you do differently?:

Not dress so warm, wear a visor/baseball cap.
Post race
Warm down:

I ate several flavors of muffins--lemon poppy, blueberry, something with icing on top, drank water and sports drinks---then I found the BAGELS!!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The surgical boot on my right foot.

Event comments:

There were no drink stations for the 5K, but we were told to bring our own water (should we need it) in the e-mail sent out yesterday morning.

Goody bags: Are they serious? This had a magazine (that I already have) and a slip of paper telling me where to get my photos. Oh well, most people probably don't look forward to their goody bags as much as I do : )

Last updated: 2007-09-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:07 | 03.11 miles | 13m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 56/64
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
I'll have to double check the above time when results are posted.
Course: Snowy, some ice on the road over to the far right
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-12-15 11:17 PM

User image

Colorado
Subject: Rudolph's Revenge 5K/10K

2007-12-16 3:26 PM
in reply to: #1104213

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Rudolph's Revenge 5K/10K

It was so good to meet you yesterday.  I'm completely impressed with you getting out in the cold weather and participating with your foot in a cast.  I hope to see more of you at the local events this season.  Heh heh ... I dropped my glove in the port-a-potty too but fortunately it fell right next to the door so I thought it was still safe to wear.  Thank goodness because I needed it to wipe my nose during that race!

2007-12-16 8:15 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

I'm pretty sure I saw you...assuming you were the only person wearing a boot?  Sheesh, good for you for getting out there! 

LOL on almost losing your glove!  Yikes! 

2007-12-17 8:31 PM

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
You go girl!!!  Yeah, that photosensitivity thing is tough, especially for longer distances.  I am so impressed that you got out there with the boot.  Congratulations on finishing a race a lot of others would never have attempted given the same set of circumstances.  You ROCK.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rudolph's Revenge 5K/10K Rss Feed