Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rondeau Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-17 9:27 PM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Subject: Rondeau
Anyone Going to the Rondeau Tri.

this will be my second Try a Tri this year. I don't think I am as ready for this one as I was the last one. I took some time off for an injury and have been training lightly. But I am pushing the training this week to get in as much as I can...

My wife and I are pulling out Trailer out to the park and will be there the whole weekend. I will be taking pictures on the sunday and watching some friends do the Sunday Sprint.

2010-08-18 8:45 PM
in reply to: #3049363

User image

Subject: RE: Rondeau
I'm in! This is my first tri, and the nerves are starting to build. I've been thinking about doing this for a couple of years now and finally worked up the nerve to do it. Looking forward to making some mistakes and having a lot of fun. Tongue out I've signed up for the Lakeside sprint in September already, so I hope my first experience is a good one that leaves me wanting more!

I am the photographer in our family too - I am already trying to drill into my husband that I want a looooot of pictures!... 
2010-08-18 8:55 PM

User image

Windsor, ON
I am in too.  Never done this race before, this is my first season of tri.  Looking forward to it also. 

Hoping Lake Erie is co-operative and not too choppy.
2010-08-19 7:18 AM

User image

We were out there a few weeks ago on both the Saturday and Sunday of a single weekend. On the Saturday, the waves were huge. There was no way I would have been able to swim in it. On the Sunday, the lake was smooth as silk. The funny thing is that Sunday was a windier day than Saturday! I guess the direction of the wind must have been more amenable to swimming!
2010-08-20 5:15 PM

User image

Was out at the park again today, and the waves were enough to put the kibosh on an OWS. White caps out until the water colour changes when the depth increases past the sandbars. That makes 3 times I've attempted OWS there and only once when the conditions were favourable. Or am I mistaken in thinking that water that rough means they would cancel the swim?

2010-08-20 6:01 PM
in reply to: #3055761

User image

Chatham Ontario
I have heard they have canceled the swim a few times before....

Weird I was swimming at Erieau today just after lunch and there were some waves but it was pretty good. Nothing big. But it has been weird, last week it was wavy and WARM, Wed it was calm Flat and Freezing. Today a bit wavy and warmer then Wed. But def some current.  I really have not swam in a month or more so I am just pushing it this week.

I gave up and just handed my wife a Point and shoot camera and hope she might get a half decent picture....lol No sense putting the SLR in her hands if I want any type of picture I can take home..

Well hope to see you both there.. I will be the short fat guy (well less fat then I was), with a crazy sense of humor, who is already nervous...lol

2010-08-20 8:16 PM

User image

Here's a shot I took of my son at Rondeau today. What do you think... is this worthy of turning the tri into a du?
wavy day on Lake Erie
2010-08-20 9:04 PM

User image

Windsor, ON
Haha, yikes, well at least the swim back in to the beach should be fast and easy.
2010-08-22 10:49 AM

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
you wont know if they cancel the swim until that morning!  regardless.....just have fun at it.
2010-08-23 10:44 AM
in reply to: #3057191

User image

Chatham Ontario
tabbs - 2010-08-22 10:49 AM .....just have fun at it.

Exactly.... its all about having fun... oh and it is excuse to burn some calories so I can eat what I want after instead of watching everything I eat every day....hahahaha....
2010-08-23 12:01 PM
in reply to: #3055946

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
I swam in water that looked like that last week. It was like swimming in a washing machine and I didn't get anywhere fast. It was a lot of fun though!

2010-08-26 9:03 PM
in reply to: #3059042

User image

Chatham Ontario
WOOHOOO

2 Days away... I am pumped....Got one last easy ride in tonight before Saturday. Had to get used to my Friends Tri Bike she lent me for the Try a Tri.

I lent my road bike to a co-working doing the try a tri so he doesn't have to use his mountain bike... This should be a Fun day.

2010-08-29 7:51 AM

User image

Chatham Ontario
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=224333

Link to my race write up for the Rondeau Try a tri.

I was very pleased with my race. I pushed a bit hard on the run and it caused me to walk twice for about 30 seconds. Otherwise I was hoping for about 1 min faster. But I smashed my goal of finishing in just under 50 mins. Huge improvement over my first Try a Tri in Leamington. I owe a lot to my friend Stef aka Silver Wolf from here. She has been a great inspiration and great learning tool. And I am happy with myself from taking that information and continuously pushing myself further and further this summer.

I am not done pushing yet. going to enter a few running races before the end of this year and continue to work on my running.

Great Day out there. Nice to Meet you Carrie, Thank you for introducing yourself.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rondeau Rss Feed