Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2009-12-27 4:06 PM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Subject: Bob Stocks Group - Closed
NAME: rstocks3 / Bob

STORY: I am from upstate NY in Binghamton and work in a hospital as a nuclear medicine technologist. In 2003 I swam in a relay team for a sprint then in 2004 I did the swim and bike legs of the same race. In 2005 I did my first sprint race and have been hooked ever since. I love racing any distance but the longer races seem to suit me better, apparently I am one big slow twitch muscle fiber.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married to a wonderful wife, Karen. We have 3 kids, Kathryn (14), Lauryn (12) and Matthew (10). The girls are both into horse showing and we have a small horse farm to keep Karen busy. Matthew is into everything and has been doing triathlons since he was 5!

CURRENT TRAINING: For the past few years I have been coached by Kevin Crossman (T3Coach1 on BT). This year I am going to be using the structure of the BT training plans along with the workouts I have received over the past few years. I am a firm believer in one of my favorite sayings "You do what you can, when you can!"

THIS YEARS RACES: In 2009 I did the Boston Marathon, Eagleman 70.3, Broome County Sprint, IMLP, IMWI and the Marine Corps Marathon.

2010 RACES: This year I am planning The Knoxville Marathon in March, Skunk Cabbage 1/2 Marathon in April, The Fly-by-Night Duathlon  and The Flying Pig Marathon in May, Keuka Lake Olympic and Philadelphia Olympic in June, Broome County Sprint and 3 races at the Musselman weekend in July, Cayuga Lake Olympic in August, Syracuse 70.3 in September and 3 or 4 marathons in Oct, Nov and Dec to go towards my goal of 50 marathons in 50 states before I'm 50. 

WEIGHT LOSS: I started training back in 2003 after having a pulmonary embolism and letting myself get to 216 lbs and over 33% body fat. After a few years of training and racing I found myself looking at the scale and seeing 159. I have since put back on too much weight and am looking at losing about 25 lbs over the spring in preparation for a more competitive season in 2010.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I have been a mentor the past two years and enjoy helping others get into the sport of triathlon. Whether it's a total newbie training for their first sprint or someone who has plunged into the Ironman for the first time. Being able to draw from my experiences in all distance races is something that everyone in my mentor group can benefit from. Take a look at any of my race reports or glance at any of my albums and you can see that my main goal out there is to have fun. That should be everyone's goal when it comes to racing. (IMHO)

Edited by rstocks3 2009-12-29 4:09 AM

2009-12-27 5:40 PM
in reply to: #2579109

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Bob Stocks Group - Open for business!
have any room for a slacker that needs a foot in the keister??

2009-12-28 4:15 PM
in reply to: #2579227

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Rudedog55 - 2009-12-27 6:40 PM have any room for a slacker that needs a foot in the keister??

Of course Rudy! As long as you can give me some racquetball pointers along the way.

Fill out a bio so others can know your story.
2009-12-28 5:27 PM
in reply to: #2580727

User image

Extreme Veteran
Omaha, NE

I want in!!  I've only been doing triathlons for 2 seasons and still have a lot to learn.  The more I learn . . . the less I feel like I know   

Here's my bio (sorry it got long!)

NAME: rreischl/Renee

STORY: I live in Omaha, Nebraska and am a controls engineer / programmer for a company that designs and builds custom machinery.  I am 34 years old, single, with no children (hopefully someday).  As a kid I was incredibly active and played sports (especially soccer – lived for it) year round.  But I put on a ton of weight during college and no matter how hard I tried, couldn’t seem to get it off.  With the help of an awesome online support group I finally managed to lose most of it (123#) in 2007.  Backup – to 10 years ago – after HS and during my couch potato years – my first exposure to triathlons was seeing the IM Championship on TV.  It was amazing!  I immediately knew I wanted to someday do one – IF I ever lost my weight.  During my weightloss process in 07 I joined a bootcamp in July where I was forced to run (like 100 yds).  To lose weight I'd been working out a couple hours per day doing Jazzercise (aerobics) but had been too afraid to try to run until then – afraid my body wouldn’t be able to take it.  Once I discovered it was possible I worked on my own to build mileage.  Once I got up to 6 miles I started to look into the possibility of making my IM dream a reality.  I stumbled upon advertisements for the first year of Ironman Kansas 70.3 and decided since it was so close to Omaha, it was meant to be – this was around Oct 07.  I figured I’d better see if I could remember how to swim – hadn’t done it since I was a kid.  I had to stop and gasp for air after about 12 yds – YIKES!  But after a couple weeks I’d built up my endurance (not speed, mind you – still haven’t figured that one out).  It was winter so there was no experimenting on the bike, but I was confident I could build up my bike if I could get the swim down.  I found BT and checked out the beginner HIM plan.  I thought I was close to being able to complete the starting volumes in each discipline - yet I asked a fitness expert I respect greatly on my weight-loss site if he thought it was feasible for me to do a HIM in 6 months if I committed to it.  I got the yes I was looking for and the rest is history!  I followed the beginner HIM plan on here as close to a “T” as I could.  I wanted to see a tri in person before doing my HIM (in June of 08) so I signed up for an OLY in Dallas in April 08 – boy was traveling for my first an experience!  I did my first half-ironman in June of 08.  The race was called due to rain and I got pulled off the course at mi 11 of the run   I found another and finished my first HIM 2 months later, in August 08.  After injuring my hammie in Jan 09, I didn't see as much improvement this year as I'd hoped – but I am healed and ready to hit the ground running in 2010!  I’m signed up for Ironman Wisconsin in Sep 2010 and am SOOOOOO EXCITED!! :D  I’m not the fastest one out there, but I know I will train hard and do my best to be prepared for all of my races this year!

FAMILY STATUS: As mentioned above – I’m single (but looking - lol).  I have a huge extended family and a close immediate family which is fun.  I’ve got 3 brothers (all married) – I am a proud aunt to a niece (3 yo) and nephew (8 mo) thanks to the oldest of my 3 younger brothers and excited to be an aunt again to a niece (1 day old) thanks to my baby brother!  Hoping to travel to meet her next weekend! :D

CURRENT TRAINING: Up until now I’ve always used a BT training plan for my triathlons.  I have been lucky to receive excellent fitness advice from the online expert I mentioned above – especially regarding running.  My plan for my IM training is to develop my own plan using “Going Long”. 

THIS YEARS RACES: In 2009 I did PF Chang’s Rock N Roll Half-Marathon in AZ (injured my hammie there – goal was sub 2:00 – came in about 1 minute 12 seconds over that . . . grrr!), Flying Pig Half-Marathon in Cinci (metup with many of my amazing buddies from my weight-loss group (including the expert I respect so much – he came in like 19th!) – ran this race with a good buddy as she went for a PR), Ironman KS 70.3 (still fighting hammie – mantra was “comfy base miles and a healthy hammie” ), Chicago Lakes Sprint Tri (my first sprint – did it with same buddy – her first tri!), Portland-to-Coast Relay Walk (always fun), Apple Dumpling Days Half-Marathon (Elroy, WI – on a bit of a whim I did this on the way to watch IMWI – got my sub 2 by a few seconds LOL), Aflac Iron Girl Duathlon (Bloomington, MN), Marine Corps Marathon (my 1st marathon!) – DC, Living History Farms Race (7 mi off-road race near Des Moines IA – anyone I’ve talked to that has done it agrees – funnest race EVER!  I felt like I was 5 again running through the creek and mud in November)

2010 RACES: Lincoln Half-Marathon in early May, Chisago Lakes HIM in July, IMWI in Sep :D, Twin Cities 10k or 10-miler (This is 3 weeks post-IM, so I'm undecided on the distance, unsure how I'll feel.  This is more social – to meetup with friends again), Living History Farms Race (trying to get all my cousins to train for this and do it as a big group)

WEIGHT LOSS: I lost 123# in 2007 – my goal was to lose 135 (half of me – yikes!)  Instead of getting that last 12 off, I’ve put about 10 back on.  It's been a tough balance for me - learning to fuel properly - for the longer workouts especially!  My goal this year is to lose the last 23 ASAP and do most of my training at a body weight I haven’t seen since HS!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I am excited about the sport of triathlons – both in working toward my own goals and supporting friends as they work towards theirs!  I can't wait to get to know everyone who joins and get rolling!  Thanks for taking on a group, Bob!

2009-12-28 5:54 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Bob,

I want in and I will post my profile tomorrow! 
2009-12-28 6:00 PM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Renee and Cheri ..... WELCOME ABOARD!!!

2009-12-28 6:04 PM

User image

Pro
The Land of Ice and Snow
Well gee whiz........can I RUN a mentor group and also be IN a mentor group?? I want swimmy help Bob!!
2009-12-28 6:44 PM

User image

Elite

I could certainly use some run help. Someone that can do 50 marathons before they are 50 has got to know what they are doing!  My biggest issues are injuries and someone telling me when to take a break...

2009-12-28 7:52 PM
in reply to: #2580914

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
turtlegirl - 2009-12-28 7:44 PM

I could certainly use some run help. Someone that can do 50 marathons before they are 50 has got to know what they are doing!  My biggest issues are injuries and someone telling me when to take a break...

Welcome Amy!!

Running is my weakness and I really don't like it but marathons are so much easier when you're not biking 112 miles before it. I've learned through my mistakes in overtraining and have come a long way with running.

My background is in swimming and will be very helpful to you there, I can and will offer the best advice I can with running but I want you to know that is not my background at all.

I'd love to have you in the group if you are still interested. I thought you might enjoy our newest addition to the house:

Zoe Santa
2009-12-28 11:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Do you have room for another?

Name: Nathan
Sex: Male
Family: Married with a 2 year old son
Location: Anchorage, Alaska--formerly of Alpharetta, GA and Lexington, KY (Go Big Blue!)
Occupation: Controller/Marketing Manager for a Promotional Products Distributor

Here is my story:

I am a former high school athlete (swimming and soccer) that gave it all up once I went off to college.  For some reason beer and girls were more important 

After college I would spend about 3 months every year trying to get/stay in shape.  Nothing seemed to keep me motivated.  My wife encourages me, but she is not an athlete.  That kind of makes it difficult.  I would run or swim at the gym with no real plan.  

Last spring someone told me about a sprint triathlon that was scheduled for August 23rd.  I had no idea that there were such things as sprint triathlons.  Whenever I heard the word triathlon, I always thought of long distance endurance races.  This sprint triathlon peaked my interest so I started doing some research.  That is when I found this site.

To my surprise, I learned that some people (beginners typically) compete these sprint triathlons on their mountain bike.  That made me feel much better as all I own is a mountain bike and I didn't think that a new bike would be a wise investment.

I loosely followed an 8 week training program in preparation for the sprint triathlon.  I was pleasantly surprised with how my running came along.  The swimming was easy for me b/c of my past experience.  The bike was a major challenge for several reasons: no experince, mountain bike, limited belief in myself.

I enjoyed every minute of the race.  Front of pack in swim, back of pack on the bike, and middle of pack on run.   I am awful on the bike.  It has little to do with conditioning and more to do with leg strength and the type of bike I use.  

Unfortunately, I haven't done any training since the triathlon.  Uugh.  I have had a bad Autumn.  I developed shingles just a week after the race.  The shingles lasted for about a month--very painful at times and generally were just a nuesance. I encourage anyone that thinks they may have  shingles to get in to their doctor as soon as you can. Then I had the flu at the begining of November. 

I don't like excuses and am upset with myself that I haven't done any training since August.  

But all changed the other day when my wife gave me a bike trainer for Christmas.  So I am ready to do this!!

I plan on doing one sprint, one oly, and maybe a half marathon in 2010.  I will be buying either a road or tri bike within the next couple of months.

I am ready to start.  Please count me in.
2009-12-28 11:21 PM
in reply to: #2580827

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
rreischl - 2009-12-28 6:27 PM

I want in!!  I've only been doing triathlons for 2 seasons and still have a lot to learn.  The more I learn . . . the less I feel like I know   

Here's my bio (sorry it got long!)

NAME: rreischl/Renee

STORY: I live in Omaha, Nebraska and am a controls engineer / programmer for a company that designs and builds custom machinery.  I am 34 years old, single, with no children (hopefully someday).  As a kid I was incredibly active and played sports (especially soccer – lived for it) year round.  But I put on a ton of weight during college and no matter how hard I tried, couldn’t seem to get it off.  With the help of an awesome online support group I finally managed to lose most of it (123#) in 2007.  Backup – to 10 years ago – after HS and during my couch potato years – my first exposure to triathlons was seeing the IM Championship on TV.  It was amazing!  I immediately knew I wanted to someday do one – IF I ever lost my weight.  During my weightloss process in 07 I joined a bootcamp in July where I was forced to run (like 100 yds).  To lose weight I'd been working out a couple hours per day doing Jazzercise (aerobics) but had been too afraid to try to run until then – afraid my body wouldn’t be able to take it.  Once I discovered it was possible I worked on my own to build mileage.  Once I got up to 6 miles I started to look into the possibility of making my IM dream a reality.  I stumbled upon advertisements for the first year of Ironman Kansas 70.3 and decided since it was so close to Omaha, it was meant to be – this was around Oct 07.  I figured I’d better see if I could remember how to swim – hadn’t done it since I was a kid.  I had to stop and gasp for air after about 12 yds – YIKES!  But after a couple weeks I’d built up my endurance (not speed, mind you – still haven’t figured that one out).  It was winter so there was no experimenting on the bike, but I was confident I could build up my bike if I could get the swim down.  I found BT and checked out the beginner HIM plan.  I thought I was close to being able to complete the starting volumes in each discipline - yet I asked a fitness expert I respect greatly on my weight-loss site if he thought it was feasible for me to do a HIM in 6 months if I committed to it.  I got the yes I was looking for and the rest is history!  I followed the beginner HIM plan on here as close to a “T” as I could.  I wanted to see a tri in person before doing my HIM (in June of 08) so I signed up for an OLY in Dallas in April 08 – boy was traveling for my first an experience!  I did my first half-ironman in June of 08.  The race was called due to rain and I got pulled off the course at mi 11 of the run   I found another and finished my first HIM 2 months later, in August 08.  After injuring my hammie in Jan 09, I didn't see as much improvement this year as I'd hoped – but I am healed and ready to hit the ground running in 2010!  I’m signed up for Ironman Wisconsin in Sep 2010 and am SOOOOOO EXCITED!! :D  I’m not the fastest one out there, but I know I will train hard and do my best to be prepared for all of my races this year!

FAMILY STATUS: As mentioned above – I’m single (but looking - lol).  I have a huge extended family and a close immediate family which is fun.  I’ve got 3 brothers (all married) – I am a proud aunt to a niece (3 yo) and nephew (8 mo) thanks to the oldest of my 3 younger brothers and excited to be an aunt again to a niece (1 day old) thanks to my baby brother!  Hoping to travel to meet her next weekend! :D

CURRENT TRAINING: Up until now I’ve always used a BT training plan for my triathlons.  I have been lucky to receive excellent fitness advice from the online expert I mentioned above – especially regarding running.  My plan for my IM training is to develop my own plan using “Going Long”. 

THIS YEARS RACES: In 2009 I did PF Chang’s Rock N Roll Half-Marathon in AZ (injured my hammie there – goal was sub 2:00 – came in about 1 minute 12 seconds over that . . . grrr!), Flying Pig Half-Marathon in Cinci (metup with many of my amazing buddies from my weight-loss group (including the expert I respect so much – he came in like 19th!) – ran this race with a good buddy as she went for a PR), Ironman KS 70.3 (still fighting hammie – mantra was “comfy base miles and a healthy hammie” ), Chicago Lakes Sprint Tri (my first sprint – did it with same buddy – her first tri!), Portland-to-Coast Relay Walk (always fun), Apple Dumpling Days Half-Marathon (Elroy, WI – on a bit of a whim I did this on the way to watch IMWI – got my sub 2 by a few seconds LOL), Aflac Iron Girl Duathlon (Bloomington, MN), Marine Corps Marathon (my 1st marathon!) – DC, Living History Farms Race (7 mi off-road race near Des Moines IA – anyone I’ve talked to that has done it agrees – funnest race EVER!  I felt like I was 5 again running through the creek and mud in November)

2010 RACES: Lincoln Half-Marathon in early May, Chisago Lakes HIM in July, IMWI in Sep :D, Twin Cities 10k or 10-miler (This is 3 weeks post-IM, so I'm undecided on the distance, unsure how I'll feel.  This is more social – to meetup with friends again), Living History Farms Race (trying to get all my cousins to train for this and do it as a big group)

WEIGHT LOSS: I lost 123# in 2007 – my goal was to lose 135 (half of me – yikes!)  Instead of getting that last 12 off, I’ve put about 10 back on.  It's been a tough balance for me - learning to fuel properly - for the longer workouts especially!  My goal this year is to lose the last 23 ASAP and do most of my training at a body weight I haven’t seen since HS!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I am excited about the sport of triathlons – both in working toward my own goals and supporting friends as they work towards theirs!  I can't wait to get to know everyone who joins and get rolling!  Thanks for taking on a group, Bob!

Renee!

so good to see you! 

Bob is wonderful, you will find his group to be great for you

2009-12-28 11:22 PM

New user
Hi Bob
    My name is Carol and I live In florida.  I am a newby abd am looking for a mentor group to join.
I am 60yrs old, and have always wanted to do a marathon.  I need some support and inspiration.  I work full time 3-11, but need the sopport to get my butt up and just do it.  Will tell you more later as it is late and the bed is calling, want to get up and walk tomorrow.  Hope to hear from you and get accepted.
2009-12-29 4:08 AM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Welcome Carol and Nathan!

At this point I am going to close the group, it looks like we have 7 aboard! I'll be updating my blog later today and look forward to kicking off the new year of training with a great group of mentees!
2009-12-29 4:19 AM

User image

Veteran
New York
Hi Bob,

Have room for one more??? Can I join?

NAME: tpnguyen10 / Tuffli
LOCATION: Originally from Madison, WI; then moved to NYC (5yrs) until I was transferred to Singapore.  I'm in SG until Sept 2010.
STORY: I'm a fairly athletic 30 yr old, but mainly played/participated in "quick" sports (basketball, volleyball, track&field - 100M, 200M, high jump).  So doing anything aerobically was a nightmare for me.  I was a gym rat and basketball junkie after high school until I herniated two discs in my lower back in March 2008, probably due to lifting heavy weights and physical playing style on the basketball court.  I was in severe pain and unable to do anything physically active for several months. Being active my whole life, I had to find a safe outlet, so I took up swimming with little knowledge or background other than how to tread water.  As my back slowly started to heal (1.5 yr process Frown), swimming led to biking and biking led to running.  I attended my wife's first sprint tri in July 2008 and was inspired by the people, environment, and stories.  I was hooked from then on and it has been a life changer for me!
FAMILY STATUS: Married with a girl on the way! My wife is due Jan 6th.Smile
CURRENT TRAINING:  Currently enrolled in the Olympic - Balanced Lifestyle training program.  Need to stay flexible with expecting baby!  I've been focusing more on the run lately since I recently completed my first half marathon.  I try to get in 15 - 20 miles a week.  I'm not swimming as much as I'd like, so need to pick things up here since this is definitely my weak point. 
THIS YEAR'S RACES (2010): A few sprints (Tris, duathlon, aquathlon), maybe 2 Olympics, and a few road races.
2009 RACES:  A few sprints, half marathon, and a few road races.
WEIGHTLOSS: Not a big part of my training goals, but I wouldn't mind shaving a few pounds!
WHAT I'M HOPING TO GAIN FROM THIS: Meeting some cool people and get a chance to talk with others about triathlons and learn from those who've done this much more than I.
2009-12-29 8:46 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Subject: RE: Bob Stocks Group - Closed

NAME:NRG42/Cheri

STORY: I am 6 month old completely addicted newbie. I am a long time team athlete (swimming, volleyball, and softball), but new to the world of endurance.  I have no clue on what I am doing but have been completely dedicated to S/B/R since the day we met! 

FAMILY STATUS: 33 years old amd married with two boys who are 7 and 4.  Very little support ……most friends and family think that I am completely NUTS!!!! 

CURRENT TRAINING: No plan, but quiet a few miles in all disciplines.  Play v-ball competitively still and spend a lot of time on my core training.

THIS YEAR'S RACES (2010): Not 100% sure yet?  A lot of 5-10K, 2 Half marathon maybe a full, 2-3 sprints, and 1-3 Olympic????  Maybe it is too much not sure yet?

2009 RACES: A lot of 5 and 10Ks and the Chicago super sprint and sprint.   Right now doing some indoor tris for fun.

WEIGHTLOSS: I am 5’10 and 145 LBS would like to race at 138.
2009-12-29 4:26 PM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
And Tuffli makes 8. Welcome aboard Tuffli.

The first thing I would like to ask is that you all start logging your workouts. I'll be inspiring you hopefully each day as long as I have computer access. I want to try to have some chat sessions just for our group. I think that will be a great way to interact and have questions answered on the spot.

Have a great evening everyone!!

2009-12-29 6:36 PM
in reply to: #2580727

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
rstocks3 - 2009-12-28 5:15 PM
Rudedog55 - 2009-12-27 6:40 PM have any room for a slacker that needs a foot in the keister??

Of course Rudy! As long as you can give me some racquetball pointers along the way.

Fill out a bio so others can know your story.

Bob, you get any racquetball pointers you ever want, anythime you wanna play i am game!!!  then we can swim afterwards!!

2009-12-29 7:03 PM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut

NAME: Rudedog55/Rudy

STORY: I live in southern CT, work in Westchester County NY, Got off the couch in June of 2008 to do a charity bike ride and suffered through the 25 miles but did it, i looked for an outlet to continue the excercise and found this site and Triathlon. I did my first tri in October of 2008, a micro sprint that took me 1h 8m, did a second Tri which was a full sprint a month later in 1h46m. I weighed about 260lbs and could not run more than 500 feet.  Deceided to train consistently and tackle 2009 full on, I started last year about the same time as right now, did 3 duatlons before tri season started, i think i did 6 Tri's... 3 sprints, 2 Oly's and finished off the season with a Half-Ironman. I set Pr's in almost every race as the year went on, my best times were a 1h13m sprint, 2h40m Oly and i completed my half in 5h55m and some change.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married to my very understanding and very pregnant wife Nanci, we are expecting out first child on Jan 6th, yes tat is 1 week away, it is a scheduled c-secton. We will be having a little baby girl, her name will be Morgan Olivia.

CURRENT TRAINING: I am head slacker in charge, i have done almost nothing in the last 2 months, that is all about to change.....

THIS YEARS RACES: See my race reports, trust me other than the NYC Tri, they are worth the read, lol. I also did 4 Cycloross races, which is the most painful fun you can have on a bicycle.

2010 RACES: This Season is up in the air, i am certain to do some running races, and i will do a couple of sprints, and maybe 1 Oly, at the end of last year i was a little burned out, and that is part of the reason for my weight gain and lack of motivation this fall. I had treated every race as an "a" race and i think that hurt in the long run, by november i was Dog tired.

WEIGHT LOSS: Started in June of 2008 at 262lbs, i had had enough, i got to rock bottom 225 in July of 2009 and am currently 244lbs, my goal is to be around 200lbs, my work etic is good my diet sucks.

What will make me a good mentee??:   Well this will be my third mentor group, and i have a years worth of trial and tribulation to speak about. I like meeting new people and talking tri stuff, and if anyone ever gets to meet Bob Stocks in person they should jump on the opportunity as he is a first class Gentleman and one hell of an athlete and humanitarian that people should emulate more often.

thats me in a nut shell, if you like to read, check out my race reports, they are a touch on the long side, but are pretty funny. You should also check out Bob Stocks reports, especially Lake placid 2009, they show what sportsmanship is all about, and why we all do this crazy type "a" nutjob dominated sport.

2009-12-29 7:10 PM
in reply to: #2581393

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
tpnguyen10 - 2009-12-29 5:19 AM Hi Bob,

Dood!!!!  We are going to be Dads on the same day!!!!!  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

2009-12-29 7:49 PM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Rudy,

You're check is in the mail. :-) Thanks for the kind words, we definitely know how to have fun in this sport!

Let's get on this weight loss! I have 6 months myself to get back down to where my bloodwork and weight are under control or I go on Lipitor. My Dr appt last week was not a pretty sight.

Anyone up for a weight loss challenge? Jan 1st to March 31st sound good? Total percentage lost, not total weight. Anyone, anyone?

2009-12-29 9:03 PM

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Good looking group over here.

2009-12-30 1:25 AM
in reply to: #2582999

User image

Veteran
New York
Rudedog55 - 2009-12-30 9:10 AM
tpnguyen10 - 2009-12-29 5:19 AM Hi Bob,

Dood!!!!  We are going to be Dads on the same day!!!!!  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!  Becky is not doing a scheduled c-section, so baby could be born +/- 7days from EDD! 

I'm interested to see how us new fathers will fair up with training & racing while keeping the family happy & spending as much time as possible with the baby.  Guess I won't be sleeping next year. Wink

Edited by tpnguyen10 2009-12-30 1:27 AM
2009-12-30 4:19 AM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Congrats to both of you!! This is going to be a fun year for you guys. Just remember that you do what you can, when you can. Rest and recovery are as important as the workouts and it's not good for anyone if you get stressed out over missing part of a workout.
2009-12-30 4:58 AM
in reply to: #2583057

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
rstocks3 - 2009-12-29 8:49 PM Rudy,

You're check is in the mail. :-) Thanks for the kind words, we definitely know how to have fun in this sport!

Let's get on this weight loss! I have 6 months myself to get back down to where my bloodwork and weight are under control or I go on Lipitor. My Dr appt last week was not a pretty sight.

Anyone up for a weight loss challenge? Jan 1st to March 31st sound good? Total percentage lost, not total weight. Anyone, anyone?

Been there, on it, and high BP meds also, i am a freaking train wreck right now.  Count me in for the weightloss challenge, i would love to have a goal.

2009-12-30 8:19 AM

User image

Veteran
I slowly dove back in to training last night. I am committed to doing this; and I am committed to being an active participant to this group. Who's with me?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Bob Stocks Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 7