BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-08-04 2:07 PM
in reply to: dmgaudre

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by dmgaudre

Yay! I love other greyhound peeps! We're "special". lol

I think the term "NUTS" is more accurate

2014-08-04 2:12 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by dmgaudre Yay! I love other greyhound peeps! We're "special". lol
I think the term "NUTS" is more accurate

Funny, when I see "special" i think short bus or maybe "bless her heart"  

2014-08-04 2:13 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by dmgaudre Ok, but prepare yourself...this is some over the top awesome...
EEK! Another GH NUT!! WELCOME!! We have a 5 year old girl named Bloo - total NUT JOB!!

She's pretty!  And, I love your floors 

2014-08-04 2:16 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by jmkizer

TJ, how did the race simulation go and TT go for you?

Monica, how's your ouchy bit that was hurt when you fell (knee?)?

Chris, is the hammy cooperating this week?

I am off the DL, thank you very much. I have 2 weeks of summer paced running (slow and EZ) scheduled, then I'll pick it up a bit from there. I NEED to get consistency back into things.

Good news!

2014-08-04 2:16 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I am off the DL, thank you very much. I have 2 weeks of summer paced running (slow and EZ) scheduled, then I'll pick it up a bit from there. I NEED to get consistency back into things.

The race simulation was fun. The weather was cool but not cold once we got going up the first hill. It was fun to see the newbs figure out transition, and to be able to give them tips n tricks (like rolling up the socks). Now they'll be all set for the race on Saturday! Then the pancake get-together at Coach's house was fun. Talking through the simulation and race day.

The TT was... windy, but fun. Can't complain when I'm racing with DS2.

2014-08-04 2:21 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

MANATEES REMINDER POST FOR THE NEW THREAD

If you haven't figured it out, we talk a lot. :-)   Also, we tend to be an inspiring bunch (as in, we use the "inspire" feature of the site a lot).  If you are not familiar with inspires, note that you can reply to them by clicking Reply.  This pops out a new window for you to type your response so that the original poster can see it.  Finally, most of us use the training log on the site (Yanti said that it's required: "Keeping up your training log here on BT and opening it to other group members is mandatory.").  This makes it a lot easier for us to help each other when training questions come up.   Here's a few shorts article on training logs:  http://running.competitor.com/2013/12/training/why-you-should-keep-... http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/10-reasons-to-keep-a-train... If you're not going to log or blog or whatever here on BT, please put a link to your training log in your BT Dashboard.

If you list your upcoming races on your training log  -- by adding to My Races or listing them in Dashboard, we'll celebrate with you!

We have a Google+ community that we use on an irregular basis.  Send your info to a returning Manatee (Janyne, Chris, Monica or Darren) and you will be added.

We have a Bike Gallery as well.  Post a picture of your racing steed and draw Chris' attention to it.  He'll get you added.

We have a Strava group too.  Let Chris or Janyne know and we can add you.  (PRO TIP:  If you decide to join the Strava group, check out https://tapiriik.com/or http://www.syncmetrics.com/. They will sync from Garmin Connect to Strava in the background.)

Oh, we're on Twitter too...

In the past, someone in the Pod (Yanti, Chris, Janyne) has created a table listing all of the pod members with links to their logs.  Once this handy dandy table has been created, feel free to copy/paste it to your own dashboard.

Please be active!  Inactive Manatees make us sad!

2014-08-04 2:21 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

And speaking of bike galleries, I'm not sure if Darren's upside down bike is there???

2014-08-04 2:23 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

The race simulation was fun. The weather was cool but not cold once we got going up the first hill. It was fun to see the newbs figure out transition, and to be able to give them tips n tricks (like rolling up the socks). Now they'll be all set for the race on Saturday! Then the pancake get-together at Coach's house was fun. Talking through the simulation and race day.

I'm glad that you had a fun weekend!  Sorry about the windy time trial though :-/  That makes it tough to compare your times between events. 

2014-08-04 2:26 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

And speaking of bike galleries, I'm not sure if Darren's upside down bike is there???

Yes it is, but it looks different when it isn't hanging from the ceiling. 

2014-08-04 2:27 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes it is, but it looks different when it isn't hanging from the ceiling. 

My bad!

2014-08-04 2:28 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by dmgaudre Ok, but prepare yourself...this is some over the top awesome...
EEK! Another GH NUT!! WELCOME!! We have a 5 year old girl named Bloo - total NUT JOB!!

She's pretty!  And, I love your floors 

HEH thanks! We redid the kitchen a few years back and I fell in love with the hickory. Nothing in my house matches and I don't care because I love my floors too

(the rest of the house is oak - if I could afford it, I'd redo the whole house in hickory!)

2014-08-04 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

As I mentioned earlier, this was Staff Meeting Monday for me.  I get to the meeting and see that one of my co-workers has on a red shirt that looks like this

Ironman Red Helmet shirt

And I said to you, "I don't think that you're authorized to wear that shirt."

He was speechless.

2014-08-04 2:38 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

What is this cool thing??

2014-08-04 2:44 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

What is this cool thing??

Or that hill thingy????

2014-08-04 2:53 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I tried to post my elevation profile from the TT but couldn't get it to "take" in the RR. Maybe I'll give it a shot here...

(TT elev.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
TT elev.jpg (108KB - 7 downloads)
2014-08-04 3:01 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I tried to post my elevation profile from the TT but couldn't get it to "take" in the RR. Maybe I'll give it a shot here...

So you're trying to tell us that it's not flat?

2014-08-04 3:12 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

If you haven't figured it out, we talk a lot. :-)   Also, we tend to be an inspiring bunch (as in, we use the "inspire" feature of the site a lot).  If you are not familiar with inspires, note that you can reply to them by clicking Reply.  This pops out a new window for you to type your response so that the original poster can see it.  Finally, most of us use the training log on the site (Yanti said that it's required: "Keeping up your training log here on BT and opening it to other group members is mandatory.").  This makes it a lot easier for us to help each other when training questions come up.   Here's a few shorts article on training logs:  http://running.competitor.com/2013/12/training/why-you-should-keep-... http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/10-reasons-to-keep-a-train... If you're not going to log or blog or whatever here on BT, please put a link to your training log in your BT Dashboard.

If you list your upcoming races on your training log  -- by adding to My Races or listing them in Dashboard, we'll celebrate with you!

We have a Google+ community that we use on an irregular basis.  Send your info to a returning Manatee (Janyne, Chris, Monica or Darren) and you will be added.

We have a Bike Gallery as well.  Post a picture of your racing steed and draw Chris' attention to it.  He'll get you added.

We have a Strava group too.  Let Chris or Janyne know and we can add you.  (PRO TIP:  If you decide to join the Strava group, check out https://tapiriik.com/or http://www.syncmetrics.com/. They will sync from Garmin Connect to Strava in the background.)

In the past, someone in the Pod (Yanti, Chris, Janyne) has created a table listing all of the pod members with links to their logs.  Once this handy dandy table has been created, feel free to copy/paste it to your own dashboard.

Add Instagram to the list of social media sites that are in use by a few of us as well. If there is a way to stay in touch, we use it!

2014-08-04 3:17 PM

User image

Denver, CO

So you're trying to tell us that it's not flat?

It looks to have "elevation" with "hill thingies."  Chris won't understand that. 

Somebody said something about Matt getting injured.  What's up with that?!

2014-08-04 3:30 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

What the heck are those things??    Here's a link to what we consider hilly.  http://www.mapmyride.com/us/clermont-fl/florida-challenge-bike-ride-course-route-438596

You will note that there are 2 cat 5 mountains!!  

2014-08-04 3:38 PM

User image

Denver, CO

What the heck are those things??    Here's a link to what we consider hilly.  http://www.mapmyride.com/us/clermont-fl/florida-challenge-bike-ride-course-route-438596

Wow, Hands.  You gain 1,700 ft., with an average 2.5% grade.  Sounds grueling.  I really can't understand why TdF riders don't train there.

2014-08-04 3:41 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by laffinrock

Wow, Hands.  You gain 1,700 ft., with an average 2.5% grade.  Sounds grueling.  I really can't understand why TdF riders don't train there.

I know!!

2014-08-04 3:42 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Add Instagram to the list of social media sites that are in use by a few of us as well. If there is a way to stay in touch, we use it!

Chris, don't forget to post the glossary and Yanti nickname list, or at least send them to Deanna for her edification.  That reminds me, I still need to send you a picture of Red (my new bike). 

2014-08-04 4:18 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

I know!!

Speaking of climbing. The Tour of Utah starts today. Yet another sporting event to add to my need to watch list.

2014-08-04 4:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee

Speaking of puppy pics. Here is a recent one of Pikatti. I get to retrain him in about 6 weeks and break him of all of Nana's "loving" (spoiling) from the past 9 months. He is my 19 month old Alaskan Husky. He is almost as spoiled as my human kids.

Edited by jbwills 2014-08-04 4:26 PM

(Pikatti.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Pikatti.jpg (78KB - 4 downloads)
2014-08-04 4:36 PM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by jbwills

Speaking of puppy pics. Here is a recent one of Pikatti. I get to retrain him in about 6 weeks and break him of all of Nana's "loving" (spoiling) from the past 9 months. He is my 19 month old Alaskan Husky. He is almost as spoiled as my human kids.

OMG, Jonathan, he is gorgeous!  He looks like a smarty paws too.  I imagine he'll be over the moon to see you when you get back and will teach you all his new tricks right away, the rascal!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 45023 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 39218 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 75998 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 52212 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 27585 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.