BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-11-10 6:17 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)
DS2 sent this to me. Thought I'd share

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (84KB - 1 downloads)

2014-11-10 7:00 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by Asalzwed

I just ran the most volume that I have in a week in a LONG time (94 miles.) With quality, too. My marathon plan may be a total wreck but I am starting to get fit at least!

I did a double whammy workout on Saturday wtih an AM workout with my team then drove out to the mountains and ran up to the top of Granite Mountain. There is a fire lookout up there and 360 degree views on the Cascades including Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams (the one I climbed) Glacier Peak and Mt. Baker. I got super lucky with a sunny fall day and was down to my sports bra and shorts on the run up (November, really?????)

Salty you really do find some beautiful places to run.

And how you can just drive right over to places like this!

2014-11-11 7:58 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by brigby1

I just ran the most volume that I have in a week in a LONG time (94 miles.) With quality, too. My marathon plan may be a total wreck but I am starting to get fit at least!

I did a double whammy workout on Saturday wtih an AM workout with my team then drove out to the mountains and ran up to the top of Granite Mountain. There is a fire lookout up there and 360 degree views on the Cascades including Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams (the one I climbed) Glacier Peak and Mt. Baker. I got super lucky with a sunny fall day and was down to my sports bra and shorts on the run up (November, really?????)

I am still enjoying all the breathtaking shots.

2014-11-11 9:09 AM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

2014-11-11 9:36 AM
in reply to: MadMathemagician

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by MadMathemagician

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

I'm thinking about all our active military and veterans with deep appreciation today.  And also thinking about you parents of kids in the military.  Thank you for the sacrifices you've all made.

2014-11-11 9:37 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I am still enjoying all the breathtaking shots.

Salty, these photos are absolutely stunning!  I'm so glad you're getting to follow your heart while still pursuing your other goals.  Way to find a balance between head and heart!!

2014-11-11 12:05 PM

User image

Seattle

Yeah, that is the truly lucky part. I can drive 20-45 minutes and access hundreds of different options. The city of Seattle is a wonderful place but even more amazing is the proximity to awesomeness. 

2014-11-11 12:22 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Denver, CO

Yeah, that is the truly lucky part. I can drive 20-45 minutes and access hundreds of different options. The city of Seattle is a wonderful place but even more amazing is the proximity to awesomeness. 

Denver is similar, although you sometimes have to drive a little farther.  If you ever had to come out this way, I'm betting you'd love it.  You could even run parts of the Continental Divide Trail.  http://www.gorp.com/parks-guide/continental-divide-trail-outdoor-pp2-guide-cid350466.html

2014-11-11 12:35 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by laffinrock

Denver is similar, although you sometimes have to drive a little farther.  If you ever had to come out this way, I'm betting you'd love it.  You could even run parts of the Continental Divide Trail.  http://www.gorp.com/parks-guide/continental-divide-trail-outdoor-pp2-guide-cid350466.html

Yeah, I have been to Denver. I really enjoyed it. Spent some time in Boulder which I REALLY liked (super cool combination of outdoorsy resort town and college town

I also puked whilst playing hockey at an elevation I wasn't used to

I would LOVE to run/hike the continental divide for sure. It's on my list with the John Muir Trail

2014-11-11 12:43 PM

Master
Northern IL

Yeah, I have been to Denver. I really enjoyed it. Spent some time in Boulder which I REALLY liked (super cool combination of outdoorsy resort town and college town

I would LOVE to run/hike the continental divide for sure. It's on my list with the John Muir Trail

UltraSignup seems to keep throwing a Colorado one at me that is on the Divide. Have been up to the Triple Divide point in Glacier, but can't remember where else. The idea of being up along this is so cool!

2014-11-11 1:13 PM

User image

Denver, CO

UltraSignup seems to keep throwing a Colorado one at me that is on the Divide. Have been up to the Triple Divide point in Glacier, but can't remember where else. The idea of being up along this is so cool!

Yeah, the altitude can definitely get you if you're not careful.  I live at 5,000 ft. and can always tell the difference when I get above 9,000 ft.  Plus it's so dry here, it's easy to get dehydrated.

If either of you do decide to do a portion that is within a couple-three hours drive from here and need somebody to bring in supplies or whatever, give me a shout.

For those of you who mountain bike, you can also race this route in the Tour Divide.  Here's a book about a woman who did it: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11349560-be-brave-be-strong.  Some people even do it on fixies!!

2014-11-11 2:09 PM

User image

Seattle

Yeah, the altitude can definitely get you if you're not careful.  I live at 5,000 ft. and can always tell the difference when I get above 9,000 ft.  Plus it's so dry here, it's easy to get dehydrated.

If either of you do decide to do a portion that is within a couple-three hours drive from here and need somebody to bring in supplies or whatever, give me a shout.

For those of you who mountain bike, you can also race this route in the Tour Divide.  Here's a book about a woman who did it: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11349560-be-brave-be-strong.  Some people even do it on fixies!!

Are you serious!?! That would be soooo amazing! Ohhhh Beeeeeen...2016 trip? 

I'm about to start soliciting people to do the same for our PCT mission

2014-11-11 2:14 PM

User image

Master

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

I'm thinking about all our active military and veterans with deep appreciation today.  And also thinking about you parents of kids in the military.  Thank you for the sacrifices you've all made.

I second this.  With what happened recently in Ottawa and Quebec, this Remembrance Day holds new meaning.  Thank you to all of you who have made sacrifices to keep us safe and free.

2014-11-11 2:20 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by IronOx

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

I second this.  With what happened recently in Ottawa and Quebec, this Remembrance Day holds new meaning.  Thank you to all of you who have made sacrifices to keep us safe and free.

Third!

(why is it Macy's feels it's appropriate to celebrate veterans day with a mattress sale? I saw the commercial today so I'm just wonderin'.)
2014-11-11 2:22 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

Third! (why is it Macy's feels it's appropriate to celebrate veterans day with a mattress sale? I saw the commercial today so I'm just wonderin'.)

I fourth the first sentiment and second the other.

2014-11-11 2:24 PM

User image

Master

Adrienne, depending on timing, I would love to Sherpa for you on your hike.  Keep me posted on the deets.

2014-11-11 2:31 PM

Master
Northern IL

Ride The Divide is on Netflix. Usually takes people near 3 weeks.

2014-11-11 2:40 PM

User image

Seattle

Ride The Divide is on Netflix. Usually takes people near 3 weeks.

I had probably better learn how to ride a bike again

2014-11-11 5:18 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Oo Rah!!!

Just saying....

Thank you all for your sacrifices, your courage, and your strength.

2014-11-12 10:38 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master

Happy Wednesday!

2014-11-12 10:50 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Happy Wednesday!

Needed that smile today. Thanks!

2014-11-12 11:16 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Happy Wednesday!

Needed that smile today. Thanks!

Me too.  Work has gone to hell in a hand basket and some Manatee Sanity is a welcome relief.

2014-11-12 11:18 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Seattle

Adrienne, depending on timing, I would love to Sherpa for you on your hike.  Keep me posted on the deets.

It's kind of a big commitment. Probably hiking in 7-8 miles (one way) with our food, tent, sleeping bag. You would need a buddy, too. It will likely be in late August or early Sept. 

If you are still interested after that pitch, let's talk

2014-11-12 11:28 AM

User image

Master

It's kind of a big commitment. Probably hiking in 7-8 miles (one way) with our food, tent, sleeping bag. You would need a buddy, too. It will likely be in late August or early Sept. 

If you are still interested after that pitch, let's talk

How far is that in KM? .  That is doable.  If you have another single that wants to help out, we could buddy up.

2014-11-12 11:35 AM

User image

Master

Glad my Mermanatee brought some smiles. I feel like "she" looks

Got our hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday nights. Decided to go ahead with two so that I wouldn't have to arrange a sitter and run kids back and forth from home...I really want them to be there when J finishes. This way we'll have someplace to hang out when they're tired or want to swim or get out of the sun. Plus we can just crash there after race instead of trying to get packed up for home right away. Starting our sign and t-shirts today. I'm getting nervous. lol

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 65776 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 45024 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 76024 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 52213 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 27588 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.