BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 168

2009-09-19 4:44 PM
in reply to: #1863539

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Subject: RE: Girl Passing on Left (FULL)
I'm glad that someone is doing my running for me!

I haven't done a thing since the tri (er, aqua bike) but I plan to ride tomorrow.

2009-09-19 5:49 PM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I may have to buy another pro picture!
2009-09-20 6:24 AM
in reply to: #2415300

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Girl Passing on Left - 2009-09-19 2:35 PM

today I ran....seems to be all I do lately....short 3 miler...tomorrow will be a long bike ride before we hit triple digits....then off to the beach with my husband and the dogs. Have a great weekend....hope you are all doing ok.

ghostly quiet....may be time to shut this one down....eh?!?

We can call it quits if you'd like, but it's nice to reach out and touch sometimes.  It's been crazy busy for me -- work woes, back and forth to Atlanta, and trying to fit training in amongst that plus all of the rain we've had.  The rain would be ok if it cooled things down, but it's not happening.  No point in complaining, though -- this too shall pass!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

2009-09-20 11:20 AM
in reply to: #2415470

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-09-19 3:49 PM I may have to buy another pro picture!

I love that picture of you...best yet! I think you should go for it!

2009-09-20 11:25 AM
in reply to: #2415876

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Sledge - 2009-09-20 4:24 AM

Girl Passing on Left - 2009-09-19 2:35 PM

today I ran....seems to be all I do lately....short 3 miler...tomorrow will be a long bike ride before we hit triple digits....then off to the beach with my husband and the dogs. Have a great weekend....hope you are all doing ok.

ghostly quiet....may be time to shut this one down....eh?!?

We can call it quits if you'd like, but it's nice to reach out and touch sometimes.  It's been crazy busy for me -- work woes, back and forth to Atlanta, and trying to fit training in amongst that plus all of the rain we've had.  The rain would be ok if it cooled things down, but it's not happening.  No point in complaining, though -- this too shall pass!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

hope your weather gets better  ~ we have heat - supposed to be in the triple digits for the next 5 days...and remember we have no air condition....doh!

I am just heading out on a bike ride. Today is not going to be too bad....mid 90's

have a great Sunday....enjoy your day!

2009-09-20 10:01 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
Awesome photos, Nicole! Congratulations on your swim! That is outstanding! I can only hope that I can swim like that in the future. My BIL did the same race- his first tri. He loved it! I believe he is now hooked. Do take the time to mend your injuries so that you are ready for next season and do celebrate ALL of your successes (there were many) this year.

Cheri, I cannot believe your racing schedule...it goes on and on and on and on...wow, forget Torture Dan- he is probably just trying to keep up to you!

Julie, good for you with all this running. I have heard awesome things about the RnR series of races. Never done one, but it is on the list. Enjoy your taper!

Lisa, hope the weather cools down for you soon! We are enjoying some nice fall weather as the almanac is predicting another brutal winter.

Dan, did you decide on a GPS? I also have a Garmin 305 that I do enjoy training with. The unfortunate bits are that I don't take it into the water with me and while I like being able to recharge the battery myself, it was a pain to have to do it after every 6 or so hours of use. In fact, I could only use it for the bike portion of my race as it didn't have enough juice for my run. Have you decided on any races for next year?

After a couple of weeks off, I am back to coaching cross-country at school and am running with the kids. I am so happy that our mandate is to take any one who wants to run- we don't do tryouts, and are just out to promote a healthy lifestyle. One of my favourite things is that after the season ends in October, we continue to train some of our kids to take part in the California International Marathon Relay in Sacramento in December. They run anywhere from 9-13km and have a blast doing it.

I also joined my tri-club again and am so happy that DH has also joined in on the fun. So nice to be able to share this with him. First week went well and he is pretty excited about the extra training and coaching.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

2009-09-21 5:16 PM
in reply to: #2416826

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

run_yc_run - 2009-09-20 8:01 PM Awesome photos, Nicole! Congratulations on your swim! That is outstanding! I can only hope that I can swim like that in the future. My BIL did the same race- his first tri. He loved it! I believe he is now hooked. Do take the time to mend your injuries so that you are ready for next season and do celebrate ALL of your successes (there were many) this year.

Cheri, I cannot believe your racing schedule...it goes on and on and on and on...wow, forget Torture Dan- he is probably just trying to keep up to you!

Julie, good for you with all this running. I have heard awesome things about the RnR series of races. Never done one, but it is on the list. Enjoy your taper!

Lisa, hope the weather cools down for you soon! We are enjoying some nice fall weather as the almanac is predicting another brutal winter.

Dan, did you decide on a GPS? I also have a Garmin 305 that I do enjoy training with. The unfortunate bits are that I don't take it into the water with me and while I like being able to recharge the battery myself, it was a pain to have to do it after every 6 or so hours of use. In fact, I could only use it for the bike portion of my race as it didn't have enough juice for my run. Have you decided on any races for next year?

After a couple of weeks off, I am back to coaching cross-country at school and am running with the kids. I am so happy that our mandate is to take any one who wants to run- we don't do tryouts, and are just out to promote a healthy lifestyle. One of my favourite things is that after the season ends in October, we continue to train some of our kids to take part in the California International Marathon Relay in Sacramento in December. They run anywhere from 9-13km and have a blast doing it.

I also joined my tri-club again and am so happy that DH has also joined in on the fun. So nice to be able to share this with him. First week went well and he is pretty excited about the extra training and coaching.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

good to hear from you Yvonne...sounds like you are busy. I love that you dont do try-outs...such a let down for kids when they get cut....and its usually the ones that truly need a boost in thier egos that get cut. We need to do that here in the states!! 

have a great weekend....enjoy training with the husband...mine loves to bike with me...but Im on my own when it comes to swimming and running.  

2009-09-23 6:08 AM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Great pic Nicole!! Hi Yvonne. I haven't bought the Garmin 305 yet. I'm still debating as to whether or not I really need the GPS part. I'll be visiting the US in a few weeks and will decide soon which model to have shipped to my sister's house before I get there. Nice to see you are able to enjoy running with the kids - they must love having a coach who participates. Julie: way to go with those runs. Apologies for being so quiet - I was off visiting a newly arrived granddaughter and away from the net for those 5 days. My vote is to keep this thread going, but I think it is your call. You've already gone well beyond the call of duty and things have indeed gotten rather quiet in here. Cheri: hang in there - really does sound like you need to get on your bike or into the pool for a change of pace... I did a run of a little over 5 miles today. That is now my "short" run. I'm running 3 times a week, keeping the pace slow and easy for all 3 runs (6 minutes/km), and cranking the time running up 10% per week. Hope you're all having a great week!! For some reason, my line feeds/carriage returns are not registering and all of the text is running together....sorry about that.

Edited by dcon 2009-09-23 6:11 AM
2009-09-23 9:05 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Dan, congrats on the new grand daughter! How many does this make?

I've ordered the picture.

Although it's gotten pretty quiet, I'm in favor of keeping the group going.
2009-09-23 9:11 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
I dutifully go to my PT sessions and I take them very seriously, but I can't really say that it's helping. Maybe I'm having less pain in daily life but I still hurt by the end of a regular day and I might really hurt if I need to do any substantial walking or standing (and I always hurt after PT!). We'll do a re-evaluation on Monday for my Tuesday appt with the foot doc.

It's hard for me to read about everyone's Fall running schedules, half and full marathons, etc when I'm stuck not being able to run at all and I'm wondering if/when/how much I'll be able to run in the future. It's hard to stay positive!
2009-09-23 4:14 PM
in reply to: #2421429

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

dcon - 2009-09-23 4:08 AM Great pic Nicole!! Hi Yvonne. I haven't bought the Garmin 305 yet. I'm still debating as to whether or not I really need the GPS part. I'll be visiting the US in a few weeks and will decide soon which model to have shipped to my sister's house before I get there. Nice to see you are able to enjoy running with the kids - they must love having a coach who participates. Julie: way to go with those runs. Apologies for being so quiet - I was off visiting a newly arrived granddaughter and away from the net for those 5 days. My vote is to keep this thread going, but I think it is your call. You've already gone well beyond the call of duty and things have indeed gotten rather quiet in here. Cheri: hang in there - really does sound like you need to get on your bike or into the pool for a change of pace... I did a run of a little over 5 miles today. That is now my "short" run. I'm running 3 times a week, keeping the pace slow and easy for all 3 runs (6 minutes/km), and cranking the time running up 10% per week. Hope you're all having a great week!! For some reason, my line feeds/carriage returns are not registering and all of the text is running together....sorry about that.

no need to apologize for not being around...lord knows I have had my vacations from here...I will keep going forward as long as you guys want to....quiet or noisy!

congrats on the grandaughter! pics??? right back atcha with the way to run, dan! sounds like you are soon going to be doing an HM or Marathon! kiu!

2009-09-23 4:16 PM
in reply to: #2421706

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-09-23 7:05 AM Dan, congrats on the new grand daughter! How many does this make?

I've ordered the picture.

Although it's gotten pretty quiet, I'm in favor of keeping the group going.

you have to have that picture....now next you have to frame it and enjoy it out! and thanks for all you do to keep us going forward Nicole! you are a huge support beam to this team and I thank you!

2009-09-23 4:19 PM
in reply to: #2421728

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-09-23 7:11 AM I dutifully go to my PT sessions and I take them very seriously, but I can't really say that it's helping. Maybe I'm having less pain in daily life but I still hurt by the end of a regular day and I might really hurt if I need to do any substantial walking or standing (and I always hurt after PT!). We'll do a re-evaluation on Monday for my Tuesday appt with the foot doc.

It's hard for me to read about everyone's Fall running schedules, half and full marathons, etc when I'm stuck not being able to run at all and I'm wondering if/when/how much I'll be able to run in the future. It's hard to stay positive!

you are doing a great job...and I know its hard! remember how fresh you will be when you do heal! make sure to cross train in areas you can....soon you will be back in full force again! take care and keep that chin up!

2009-09-27 7:57 PM
in reply to: #2421429

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
dcon - 2009-09-23 5:08 AM Great pic Nicole!! Hi Yvonne. I haven't bought the Garmin 305 yet. I'm still debating as to whether or not I really need the GPS part. I'll be visiting the US in a few weeks and will decide soon which model to have shipped to my sister's house before I get there. Nice to see you are able to enjoy running with the kids - they must love having a coach who participates. Julie: way to go with those runs. Apologies for being so quiet - I was off visiting a newly arrived granddaughter and away from the net for those 5 days. My vote is to keep this thread going, but I think it is your call. You've already gone well beyond the call of duty and things have indeed gotten rather quiet in here. Cheri: hang in there - really does sound like you need to get on your bike or into the pool for a change of pace... I did a run of a little over 5 miles today. That is now my "short" run. I'm running 3 times a week, keeping the pace slow and easy for all 3 runs (6 minutes/km), and cranking the time running up 10% per week. Hope you're all having a great week!! For some reason, my line feeds/carriage returns are not registering and all of the text is running together....sorry about that.

Congrats, Grandpa!!! How exciting and what a lucky little girl she is!
2009-09-27 8:06 PM
in reply to: #2421728

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB
MDHillSlug - 2009-09-23 8:11 AM I dutifully go to my PT sessions and I take them very seriously, but I can't really say that it's helping. Maybe I'm having less pain in daily life but I still hurt by the end of a regular day and I might really hurt if I need to do any substantial walking or standing (and I always hurt after PT!). We'll do a re-evaluation on Monday for my Tuesday appt with the foot doc.

Nicole, I know how frustrating it is to be off running but try to stay positive. Take advantage of the opportunity to do some cross-training and you will surprise yourself at how much running endurance you maintain just by cycling and swimming. I do hope that the foot doc can provide you with more information. I am sure that you are probably pretty meticulous in your choice for PT and MDs...but it is always helpful if they are familiar with runners/triathletes- I have found my Sports MD and PT more willing to negotiate with me on how hard I could push, while my MD is always on the more conservative side of the recovery. I hope your appointments go well. I will be thinking about you!
2009-09-27 8:11 PM
in reply to: #2428847

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
run_yc_run - 2009-09-27 9:06 PM
MDHillSlug - 2009-09-23 8:11 AM I dutifully go to my PT sessions and I take them very seriously, but I can't really say that it's helping. Maybe I'm having less pain in daily life but I still hurt by the end of a regular day and I might really hurt if I need to do any substantial walking or standing (and I always hurt after PT!). We'll do a re-evaluation on Monday for my Tuesday appt with the foot doc.

Nicole, I know how frustrating it is to be off running but try to stay positive. Take advantage of the opportunity to do some cross-training and you will surprise yourself at how much running endurance you maintain just by cycling and swimming. I do hope that the foot doc can provide you with more information. I am sure that you are probably pretty meticulous in your choice for PT and MDs...but it is always helpful if they are familiar with runners/triathletes- I have found my Sports MD and PT more willing to negotiate with me on how hard I could push, while my MD is always on the more conservative side of the recovery. I hope your appointments go well. I will be thinking about you!

My foot doc is a runner. He's been optimistic about me getting back to running, thought I'd be OK for my tri. When I first mentioned the tri to her she pretty much said not happening. It's the same doc and PT group that worked with me for my knees two years ago.

2009-09-27 8:14 PM
in reply to: #2428847

User image

Regular
Calgary,AB

One more week, Julie, 'til you're rockin' and rollin' at your HM! Hope you're feeling fantastic and enjoy your taper! I hope the weather will cooperate- based on timing of the year, I would think temps should be pretty ideal. I had a peek at the website to look at their full roster of events...as much as I loooove Chi-town, I could not imagine running on August 1ST! HOT HOT HOT!!!

Anyhooo....have a wonderful race! I will be cheering for you and no doubt you will be dancing your way through every rock stand!

2009-09-28 6:17 PM
in reply to: #2428858

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

run_yc_run - 2009-09-27 6:14 PM

One more week, Julie, 'til you're rockin' and rollin' at your HM! Hope you're feeling fantastic and enjoy your taper! I hope the weather will cooperate- based on timing of the year, I would think temps should be pretty ideal. I had a peek at the website to look at their full roster of events...as much as I loooove Chi-town, I could not imagine running on August 1ST! HOT HOT HOT!!!

Anyhooo....have a wonderful race! I will be cheering for you and no doubt you will be dancing your way through every rock stand!

thanks Yvonne...I will do all I can to have a big smile on my face when I get to the finish line....my daughter is working from our home this week...she rode a century with my husband Sunday and is running the HM with me next weekend....then we head over to a bluegrass festival in San Francisco....hope you have a great week girl!

2009-09-29 10:39 AM

User image

Pro
Olney, MD
Saw the foot doc this morning: now that we're starting to see some improvement he wants us to keep on doing what we are doing; for the PT he wants to continue with the strengthening and ROM stuff but he wants an emphasis put on ultrasound therapy, electrostim, and massage. If all goes well I can try to run in a few weeks! He sees no reason why I can't eventually be doing 10k. I hope he's right.
2009-09-29 5:03 PM
in reply to: #2431874

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

MDHillSlug - 2009-09-29 8:39 AM Saw the foot doc this morning: now that we're starting to see some improvement he wants us to keep on doing what we are doing; for the PT he wants to continue with the strengthening and ROM stuff but he wants an emphasis put on ultrasound therapy, electrostim, and massage. If all goes well I can try to run in a few weeks! He sees no reason why I can't eventually be doing 10k. I hope he's right.

wooo hoooooo Nicole! Good news! I will keep my toes/fingers crossed for a good report in a few weeks!

2009-09-29 5:17 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

running this weekend in my hm....IM SKEEEARD! and want my mommy!

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2009-09-29 5:18 PM

2009-09-29 5:17 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2009-09-29 5:19 PM
2009-09-29 5:23 PM
in reply to: #2431874

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
MDHillSlug - 2009-09-30 12:39 AM Saw the foot doc this morning: now that we're starting to see some improvement he wants us to keep on doing what we are doing; for the PT he wants to continue with the strengthening and ROM stuff but he wants an emphasis put on ultrasound therapy, electrostim, and massage. If all goes well I can try to run in a few weeks! He sees no reason why I can't eventually be doing 10k. I hope he's right.

Glad to hear that Nicole.  When you start coming back, come back slow and steady. 
2009-09-29 5:25 PM
in reply to: #2432839

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-09-30 7:17 AM

running this weekend in my hm....IM SKEEEARD! and want my mommy!

Good luck with the HM Julie! I'm sure you will make it to the finish line. Nice to see you're also getting in some swims and rides.
2009-09-30 8:05 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

hope everyone is ok! I will have sooo much more time in the coming months to check on each and every one of you....

fair warning...soon you will be getting lots of inspires...hope to see some logging! we may think of starting a new thread soon..this one is taking forever to load...and I have high speed! at least thats what Im paying for!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Girl Passing on Left (FULL) Rss Feed  

of 168