2013-07-03 1:32 PM
in reply to: Teejaay

User image

Master
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by Teejaay
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Ima gonna have to bow out of this challenge!  Had a recent (like yesterday) goal change! I just can't do it every day with the crossfit and new focus on amping up my olympic lifting that I will be doing. Everyday hitting my core won't jive with my lifting goals. When I take a rest day so I can be fresh for a heavy strength day .. I really need to give me poor poor crying muscles a break all over!

I wish all of you success in getting some rockin' abs!  I'll check in if only for the photos that get posted .. that's worth the looksy!  Good luck!

Cool

Hey! You're not allo...fine, ditch your fellow Arizonian for "greener pastures" (no such thing these summer days) and happier muscles. Come in and poke and prod us. Often. Yes, often would be good. Wink

I'm still around to suffer out the AZ heat with you! Ill come back and post a pic of my snatch when I get it over 80#. Don't make it dirty. It's a lift...and my core needs to be up to the task to do it!

If I can't make it dirty, I got nothin'.

2013-07-03 1:51 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Random thoughts/comments:

• Do we have a before/after gallery yet?
  • I thought tri guys went furry-less, but...well, thank you all for not Innocent 
  • What is our overall guy/girl ratio?
  • C'mon, fellow core ladies. We can't let the guys take this so easily! They need to have the smug grins wiped off their...belly buttons? (Ima dork, but all the pics are headless.)

Good call on the gallery!  How do we set something like that up?

2013-07-03 2:08 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by bcraht

Ima gonna have to bow out of this challenge!  Had a recent (like yesterday) goal change! I just can't do it every day with the crossfit and new focus on amping up my olympic lifting that I will be doing. Everyday hitting my core won't jive with my lifting goals. When I take a rest day so I can be fresh for a heavy strength day .. I really need to give me poor poor crying muscles a break all over!

I wish all of you success in getting some rockin' abs!  I'll check in if only for the photos that get posted .. that's worth the looksy!  Good luck!

Cool

Hey! You're not allo...fine, ditch your fellow Arizonian for "greener pastures" (no such thing these summer days) and happier muscles. Come in and poke and prod us. Often. Yes, often would be good. Wink

I'm still around to suffer out the AZ heat with you! Ill come back and post a pic of my snatch when I get it over 80#. Don't make it dirty. It's a lift...and my core needs to be up to the task to do it!

She said snatch...tee hee. Snatch. 
2013-07-03 2:11 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Originally posted by switch

Cool

Her user name should be Snatch cuz she says it so much. Laughing

2013-07-03 2:12 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

• I thought tri guys went furry-less, but...well, thank you all for not Innocent 
  • C'mon, fellow core ladies. We can't let the guys take this so easily! They need to have the smug grins wiped off their...belly buttons? (Ima dork, but all the pics are headless.)

Few things here:

Yes, to the gallery--Chris?  A little help?

I don't know our effing ratio.  I've totally lost track.  And there are some people who just aren't chiming in, but I think they're with us.  Hello...?

I prefer non hairy myself, but Mr. Switch was all "Eff-that! I'm no effing triathlete." OK, baby, OK.

2013-07-03 2:14 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Cool

I'm still around to suffer out the AZ heat with you! Ill come back and post a pic of my snatch when I get it over 80#. Don't make it dirty. It's a lift...and my core needs to be up to the task to do it! :)

Her user name should be Snatch cuz she says it so much. Laughing

OMFG, I'm giving major props to the person who claims "Snatch" as their handle.  Hilarious.

2013-07-03 2:22 PM

User image

Master

Few things here:

I don't know our effing ratio.  I've totally lost track.  And there are some people who just aren't chiming in, but I think they're with us.  Hello...?

I prefer non hairy myself, but Mr. Switch was all "Eff-that! I'm no effing triathlete." OK, baby, OK.

Haha!  DH wants to try smooth, but I said "Eff that...You shave, then I'm not. I happen to like us being VERY different."

2013-07-03 2:30 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Few things here:

Haha!  DH wants to try smooth, but I said "Eff that...You shave, then I'm not. I happen to like us being VERY different."

GOOD story regarding chest hair.  When I first met my hubby, I must've expressed at some point that I'm not a big fan of body hair.  To impress me, the man went to the salon at our gym and got his chest WAXED.  His first experiment with hair removal and this was his choice of method.  There were little dots of blood where the hair ripped out and it was bright red for days.  Yes, my husband is a pleaser! 

2013-07-03 3:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Few things here:

GOOD story regarding chest hair.  When I first met my hubby, I must've expressed at some point that I'm not a big fan of body hair.  To impress me, the man went to the salon at our gym and got his chest WAXED.  His first experiment with hair removal and this was his choice of method.  There were little dots of blood where the hair ripped out and it was bright red for days.  Yes, my husband is a pleaser! 

Sounds like a keeper.

I'll put together an Ab Gallery when I get a chance, (s)witch. My wife is really going to start wondering about me, though.

2013-07-03 3:19 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by cdban66

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

I'll put together an Ab Gallery when I get a chance, (s)witch. My wife is really going to start wondering about me, though.

I know you're busy Chris (and your job sounds like hellz right now--sorry :/).  If you don't want to do it, I can probably try to figure it out--I may just hit you up with questions. 

I definitely don't want your wife to wonder :)

2013-07-03 3:27 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

I know you're busy Chris (and your job sounds like hellz right now--sorry :/).  If you don't want to do it, I can probably try to figure it out--I may just hit you up with questions. 

I definitely don't want your wife to wonder

I'm off tomorrow, so I should have time. Thanks for thinking of me. Life is good! Laughing

OK, I had a moment of waiting while at work. Here is the BT album:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Albums/Album/16979

Edited by cdban66 2013-07-03 3:45 PM

2013-07-03 5:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Thanks for the album, though looking at it, I really don't feel up to standards here...WAY too much belly to share. In any case, I did my 10 minutes today, about 10 minutes ago.
2013-07-03 7:03 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

I'm off tomorrow, so I should have time. Thanks for thinking of me. Life is good! Laughing

Kick a$$!  Thanks for doing that Chris!!

2013-07-03 9:36 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
I may curse you now....but in a few more weeks when I am on the beach in Assateague I will be happy to look hawt in the bikini
2013-07-03 9:36 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
I may curse you now....but in a few more weeks when I am on the beach in Assateague I will be happy to look hawt in the bikini
2013-07-03 9:42 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by QueenZipp I may curse you now....but in a few more weeks when I am on the beach in Assateague I will be happy to look hawt in the bikini

Too cool! Hawt indeed!

Isn't the horse swim thing tomorrow?

Now, it's been a long time since I've read the books, so I could have the holiday wrong.  Maybe it's not even holiday connected.  Maybe it's just it's own very cool deal.

2013-07-03 9:42 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

I definitely don't want your wife to wonder :)

Kick a$$!  Thanks for doing that Chris!!

Chris, you da best, man. Hugs.

2013-07-03 9:44 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Just a friendly little suggestion to everyone to knock out your core chit early in the a.m. tomorrow.  Not that anyone in this group is gonna party or anything, just sayin:)
2013-07-03 10:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

Few things here:

I mentioned to my wife that I might shave my legs. Her response? "Sure, just know that if you do your legs won't be rubbing against mine any time soon".... Nuff said, got it!

Just finished day 3. I have never done a challenge, I love the accountability of it!
2013-07-03 11:08 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Ha. I go "furry-less", but I started that before I got into tris. I just hate it! Oh well, again, that's another discussion.
2013-07-03 11:12 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Oh yeah, 10 for 10 about 45 minutes ago. Only 90 to go, no problem.

2013-07-04 12:34 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master

Yippee!!!! 10% done Tongue out

20min kbell workout this morning.

I don't know what our full thread ratio is, but the furry vs non-furry pics show us ladies only behind by 2.   PSSSSSTTTT!!!! KATE...I'll send you a really cute lizard, or snake, or tortoise, or...a cactus?

2013-07-04 12:37 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Master
Originally posted by caffer

Few things here:

I mentioned to my wife that I might shave my legs. Her response? "Sure, just know that if you do your legs won't be rubbing against mine any time soon".... Nuff said, got it! Just finished day 3. I have never done a challenge, I love the accountability of it!

EXACTLY! I'm sure you're both thrilled you "got it" so easily.

2013-07-04 12:43 AM

User image

Master

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

Wow...Fantastic!  Seriously, you're like a genie. We make a wish and POOF! Now we won't ask for more for another 90 days. You, and wife, can rest easy. Laughing

2013-07-04 1:00 AM

User image

Master

Few things here:

Sounds like a keeper.

Wow...Fantastic!  Seriously, you're like a genie. We make a wish and POOF! Now we won't ask for more for another 90 days. You, and wife, can rest easy. Laughing

Chris, I am soooooooooooo sorry, but it had to be done!

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10596 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.