BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2011-03-06 8:13 AM
in reply to: #3383356

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed

HelenR - 2011-03-04 5:48 PM hi everyone- trying to get caught up with the posts- looks like everyone is trng very hard!!! - I saw the sports med dr- she feels have a SI joint dysfunction- due to muscle imbalances- anyway- this is good and a treatable issue!! Yeh! Have an appt with physio this Monday- so will wait to see what they say about my 30km race end of March. Still trng for it- have a 3 hr run tomorrow morning!! Happy weekend everyone- we're looking at rain all day tomorrow- I guess better than snow---but hope it is not pouring out at 0530!!! cheers, Helen

I had an SI joint problem 5 years ago. It is really sad that every time someone writes about an injury I've had it. Anyway, I had some PT, and ultrasound treatments. The PT would lay me on a table and yank my leg straight up into the air, lovely. Good luck, mine healed up pretty easily and I have not had trouble with it anymore. Hope you had a great run!

2011-03-06 2:14 PM
in reply to: #3256935

User image

New user
Woo that was a great run. Did a 6 mile run around base in the rain! The only bad thing was I chose not to wear socks in this run and around mile 3 it started to burn bad. Was about to call the rest of the run off and walk back 3 miles, but it started to pour. Temperatures were great, only wish my feet weren't burning as bad. 
2011-03-07 4:27 AM
in reply to: #3384738

Veteran
Have another PT assessment for today- will promise to do what she says in order to get this SI prob under control!!!

2011-03-07 4:28 AM
in reply to: #3384200

Veteran
Heh Mac- wow fantastic wt loss results WTG!!!!
2011-03-07 5:12 AM

User image

yorba linda

Hey everyone, hope all is doing well. Sry i havent been too active this season but real life is getting in the way as it always likes to do   I do enjoy my late nights getting to catch up with what you all have going on, and it really helps to motivate me.

But alas i am feeling like im not going to be ready for my main race this year. i somehow got talked into a HIM after only doing 1 sprint last year (never said i was the smartest guy) ive been trying to just do a plan off the top of my head but with work and house hunting and family and friends i tend to forget to train. so i am trying to plan somethign out and was looking for some imput.

Week 1

Monday - running, swim drills, bike-trainer

tuesday - swim drills, bike, swim distance

wednesday - running hills, core work

thursday - running, core work

friday - bike

sat - running, swimming drills

sun off

week 2

monday - running hills, core

tuesday - running, core

wednesday - bike, swim/run brick

thursday - Swim drills, bike, swim distance

Friday - running, core

Sat - bike trainer

sun - off

Due to work i have to do a 2 week cycle sry for hte long post and hope everyone have a great week

Love Eric :P

2011-03-07 10:05 AM
in reply to: #3384025

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Andr3w - 2011-03-05 1:54 PM

Hey everyone,

Haven't been too active on here lately and havent posted any logs., but I am still being active. Picked up a great deal on a mag trainer. $35 for one that was basically brand new! Also was speaking with the seller. He said he the trainer and the road bike after doing a local race with a friend. Thought he would love the biking sport but two training rides in hated it. The bike is a Fuji 52cm road bike that is a few years old. Says less than 100 miles for sure. Also has ultegra components! He is looking for 300 for the bike. Does this sound like a good deal?

sounds pretty good on the bike depending on just how old it is... if it fits of course Nice score on the trainer too!

2011-03-07 10:08 AM
in reply to: #3384200

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
MAC36 - 2011-03-05 4:50 PM

Hey all. Had a mixed last week or so due to work commitments but trying to keep some form of schedule in place.

Work load wont get any better next week as on the road from 5am monday until thursday night. Can see quite a few gym based sessions ahead.

On a positive front I am on course with the weight loss, in the last 7 weeks have managed to drop 22 lbs so far and now sit at 213 lbs which is lighter than last year. Month end target is to be at 203, so fingers crossed there and lots of will power. I really want to get below the 200 mark as not been there in 15 years.

feeling good about the eating schedule so far but the nights away are the hardest when it comes to keeping to a low fat diet

Hope your week end is going well

Great Job! Sounds like you are well on the right track.

At night if I get the urge to snack I usually try to go for pop corn (I just pop corn kernals... no butter or anything) It gives me plenty to munch on without a lot of calories. Keep up the good work!

2011-03-07 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3385753

User image

Champion
Knoxville area

HelenR - 2011-03-07 5:27 AM Have another PT assessment for today- will promise to do what she says in order to get this SI prob under control!!!

always the hardest part

2011-03-07 1:49 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Well I'm finally healed, my personal life appears to be in order, family crisis has been attended to...so I guess it's time to start getting serious.  Now if only the weather would cooperate; 35 degrees and rain/snow in the forcast all week.   I don't remember being so unmotivated when i was younger.
2011-03-07 7:30 PM
in reply to: #3386721

Veteran
jeffnboise - 2011-03-07 2:49 PM

Well I'm finally healed, my personal life appears to be in order, family crisis has been attended to...so I guess it's time to start getting serious.  Now if only the weather would cooperate; 35 degrees and rain/snow in the forcast all week.   I don't remember being so unmotivated when i was younger.

hang in- life is all about balance- learning this as I get older er I mean wiser ( or m/b someone else just gave me this advise). But seriously- glad things have been attended to.,
2011-03-08 6:30 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO
jeffnboise - 2011-03-07 12:49 PM Well I'm finally healed, my personal life appears to be in order, family crisis has been attended to...so I guess it's time to start getting serious.  Now if only the weather would cooperate; 35 degrees and rain/snow in the forcast all week.   I don't remember being so unmotivated when i was younger.

Welcome back.   I'm in the same boat as far as motivation goes.  Was doing well for a while, but then life got in the way.  Hoping to put together a nice string of workouts this week.  Run today and swim tonight.  We'll see if things workout. 

I can't wait for some warm weather.  Hope to get out on the bike this weekend. Yea....

2011-03-08 9:17 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area

jeffnboise - 2011-03-07 2:49 PM Well I'm finally healed, my personal life appears to be in order, family crisis has been attended to...so I guess it's time to start getting serious.  Now if only the weather would cooperate; 35 degrees and rain/snow in the forcast all week.   I don't remember being so unmotivated when i was younger.

glad to hear things are set straight.

The weather can definitely have some effect on motivation. When it's terrible outside and I really don't want to get to it I always think "suffer now, and celebrate when you beat everybody in the race that took today off"

2011-03-08 9:19 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area

my swim today was a bit rough. Certainly missed my goal pace in almost every set :/

Run this afternoon, going to try to get back into my mojo Going to put some miles in the "Adios"

2011-03-09 9:27 AM

User image

Bronze member

Got to go to swim class last night. Coach found some flaws in my stroke - darn it. Just when you think you're good at something somebody tells you you're doing it wrong LOL. Actually I'm glad to have the input and my stroke really felt better by the end of class.

Not sure I'm going to make all my workouts this week. My son has the stomach flu. I'm starting to feel a little off myself. Not too bad but definitely off. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2011-03-09 12:50 PM
in reply to: #3388021

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Leegoocrap - 2011-03-08 10:19 AM

my swim today was a bit rough. Certainly missed my goal pace in almost every set :/

Ahem... let me amend. Coach screwed the Pooch and sent me the times I was needing to hit in Yards as opposed to Meters (I swim in a meter pool)

... No wonder I was off on the sets.

2011-03-09 2:52 PM

User image

Bronze member

Ah - oops! Maybe you can get a refund for that workout?

2011-03-10 10:05 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
haha well since it pushed my paces harder than normal, I guess it will be ok
2011-03-11 2:35 PM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Can't wait... long run tomorrow and it's supposed to be NICE! 60's and sunny all day! We'll see if TN weather holds up.
2011-03-11 2:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Lucky you! It's supposed to warm up here, too... but that just means that it's going to be wet and gross... I wish the seasons would be like flipping a switch. Winter and summer, none of this spring/fall BS.

Sorry I haven't been around much... I'm keeping super busy with training and changing my life direction. But I'm getting to where I may be happy with life soon, and my training is going well, so I can't really complain! 30k run in 2 weeks, so I am doing a 25k run this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

2011-03-12 2:32 PM

User image

Bronze member

Yes, it was a little warmer here today but so windy again for my long ride. I am really anxious to ride my tri bike in decent weather. I'm either bundled up so much I can barely move or I feel like the wind is going to blow me over! Of course when the heat comes I won't know what to do LOL!

Hope everyone has some great weekend workouts. My schedule has me off tomorrow but next week will be my biggest volume week yet. Fingers crossed I don't fall apart at the seems.

2011-03-14 10:17 AM
in reply to: #3395004

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
trigal38 - 2011-03-12 3:32 PM

Yes, it was a little warmer here today but so windy again for my long ride. I am really anxious to ride my tri bike in decent weather. I'm either bundled up so much I can barely move or I feel like the wind is going to blow me over! Of course when the heat comes I won't know what to do LOL!

Hope everyone has some great weekend workouts. My schedule has me off tomorrow but next week will be my biggest volume week yet. Fingers crossed I don't fall apart at the seems.

I Hate hate hate riding outside in the cold! I Avoid it like the plague haha.

I agree though, when it warms up I am always thinking "crap I wish it would cool off some!"

2011-03-16 8:46 PM

User image

South Florida

Hello people. I have a confession. Today was the first day. I got a decent work-out in. Life has offically gone into hyper-warp, supersonic speed. I had bachelor party #1 two weeks ago, went to my "frigid" hometown of Philly last weekend for bachelor party #2 And everything in between has been work, wedding stuff, and more work/wedding stuff. I want my life back. :-( Wedding is 16 days away and starting to get excited. I'm ready for this thing to happen. We've been putting this together since november of 2009.  Then it's off to the honeymoon and back to life. Then back to training

How is everyone else doing?

2011-03-18 7:29 AM
in reply to: #3401223

User image

Bronze member
nvalaitis - 2011-03-16 8:46 PM

Hello people. I have a confession. Today was the first day. I got a decent work-out in. Life has offically gone into hyper-warp, supersonic speed. I had bachelor party #1 two weeks ago, went to my "frigid" hometown of Philly last weekend for bachelor party #2 And everything in between has been work, wedding stuff, and more work/wedding stuff. I want my life back. :-( Wedding is 16 days away and starting to get excited. I'm ready for this thing to happen. We've been putting this together since november of 2009.  Then it's off to the honeymoon and back to life. Then back to training

How is everyone else doing?

I hope you post a picture or two of your big day! That's so exciting! I wouldn't worry much about your training right now. You've got the whole rest of your life for that. Your bride to be probably needs you around a lot right about now!

We're busy here too. I feel like I'm running in 10 different directions. This week everything is happening at once. Teaching more than usual. I know a whole 8 hours but it's still more than normal . Trying to get ready for my kids birthday parties on Sunday which means shopping, decorating, wrapping etc. A couple of my old school friends want to get together tonight in my hometown which is 2 hours away and it's my highest volume week yet in the training plan. I've managed ok except my foot has been really sore after my long run on Wednesday. Feels better today but not 100% so I'm going to skip todays run and see how I feel tomorrow. Skipping a workout is already eating away at me. I have not missed one workout of the plan yet but I know it's for the best. Of course with all the commotion I have come down with a chest cold. Drats - still so much to do......

Have a good weekend everyone!

2011-03-18 12:21 PM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area

haha you have to love the Bachelor parties! Last year I had to throw a couple for my buddies... fortunately I've managed to avoid my own for a while now Enjoy the break, have fun! There will be plenty of time to grind out some nausea inducing workouts later!

Speaking of workouts... everything is going good on my front. Feeling stronger (err... faster that is) than ever. Half marathon is a little under three weeks away, hoping for a great time. (both figuratively and literally)

2011-03-21 10:23 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Heeeelllp   Meeeeeee!!

I've completely lost my motivation.?

Blame it on the crappy Idaho weather, job demands, single-parenthood, family issues, personal relationship issues...WHATEVER.  I need to HTFU and get going, and SOON!

Rant Over-Carry On!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22