Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 220

2010-07-19 1:36 PM
in reply to: #2988534

User image

Pro
NJ
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - CLOSED!
KeriKadi - 2010-07-18 8:48 PM I have a very Nicoleish story from my ride today....

My plan was to skip the first stop but my bladder didn't like that plan so I stopped and stood in line for the port a potties.  My turn comes up - keep in mind at least 20 people in line....  I go in, lock the door, drop trau and hover bracing myself with that post in the back on the right so I'm kind of hover squatting and using the post for support.
Well.... cleets aren't known for their traction and of course the floor is wet (thanks guys) and my right foot slips out from under me, slams into the door which flings open Surprised

The good news is I was hovering/falling and my shorts weren't pulled down too far so I don't think they saw anything but the loss of my dignity.  Thanfully it closed on it's own so I didn't have to stand up to pull the door shut.  Finished my biz and when I came out half the folks were laughing and the other half were staring at the sky.   Good times!

Ahhh, but if you were able to maintain the hover and never make contact with the seat it was a victory. I would have clapped!  

Very funny! 

2010-07-19 1:38 PM
in reply to: #2989848

User image

Pro
NJ
Emma, sorry to hear this.  Hope that everything turns out ok.  

Emmanem - 2010-07-19 12:29 PM Copied from my TL....

Not the greatest morning... one of the my sister's good friends was in a bad wreck last night we spent a good bit of the morning trying to find out if he was ok and what happened.  He was transferred to a hospital in Charleston but from what we know he doesn't have any broken bones, but he does have a bad concussion and he was transferred so he could be monitored more closely for head trauma.  It seems like he's gonna be ok; they just want to make sure he doesn't have any swelling or bleeding in his brain.  

Annie's still getting phone calls and texts with updates on his condition.  Everything we've heard so far has been good news.  Supposedly he flipped his car 5 times, so the situation could've been much worse than it is.  Everyone please send good thoughts/prayers his way.  We hope he will be discharged soon so he can come home. 
2010-07-19 3:52 PM
in reply to: #2558074

User image

Master
New York, NY
2010-07-19 5:15 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
Everyone was really speedy with the RR's.  Nice.  So, if it has fruit it is healthy right?

Coconut Mango Rice - the easy way

Rinse 1-2 cups rice (I prefer calrose rice).
Add appropriate amount of water for your rice type.
Start cooking
Open 1-2 cans of coconut milk (I usually use 2)
Pour into saucepan
Add in 1/3 c. sugar per can of coconut milk (I use raw sugar but it does turn the milk more brown).
Cook at medium heat until sugar fully dissolves, then set aside.
When rice finishes cooking (or a few minutes prior to it finishing if you can guess it correctly). Unplug your rice cooker or remove rice pan from burner and pour in ¾ of the coconut & sugar solution.  Stir it around a bit and let sit for 30+ minutes.
Serve with sliced mango.  Pour/drizzle remaining coconut milk on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds for looks
2010-07-19 5:18 PM
in reply to: #2990951

User image

Pro
Houston
bzgl40 - 2010-07-19 5:15 PM

Makes me wish I wasn't allergic to coconut.
2010-07-19 9:37 PM
in reply to: #2990951

Veteran
back of the pack
Guess what I'm having tomorrow night? With grilled wild salmon. (of course)

bzgl40 - 2010-07-19 4:15 PM Everyone was really speedy with the RR's.  Nice.  So, if it has fruit it is healthy right?

Rinse 1-2 cups rice (I prefer calrose rice).
Add appropriate amount of water for your rice type.
Start cooking
Open 1-2 cans of coconut milk (I usually use 2)
Pour into saucepan
Add in 1/3 c. sugar per can of coconut milk (I use raw sugar but it does turn the milk more brown).
Cook at medium heat until sugar fully dissolves, then set aside.
When rice finishes cooking (or a few minutes prior to it finishing if you can guess it correctly). Unplug your rice cooker or remove rice pan from burner and pour in ¾ of the coconut & sugar solution.  Stir it around a bit and let sit for 30+ minutes.
Serve with sliced mango.  Pour/drizzle remaining coconut milk on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds for looks

2010-07-20 7:41 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Oh good, coconut makes me yack.  Usually you have me drooling before I've even had my second cup of coffee when you post recipies Kim.  I'm actually kinda glad I don't like this one. 
2010-07-20 10:10 AM

User image

Payson, AZ
Ugh, really?  It's only Tuesday?  UGH
2010-07-20 10:16 AM
in reply to: #2991786

User image

Payson, AZ
Nicole83 - 2010-07-20 5:41 AM Oh good, coconut makes me yack.  Usually you have me drooling before I've even had my second cup of coffee when you post recipes Kim.  I'm actually kinda glad I don't like this one. 

Weird.  But Keri mentioning allergies made me wonder if this would work with almond milk.  I bet it would.  Cause remember, it's all about the fruit.   I'm sticking to coconut though.

The recipe I posted is yummy, but when I was in Thailand I had the real deal and if you like coconut this would have blown your mind.  It was so stinking yummy it was crazy.  I'd give up chocolate to have that once a week.  I was on a trekking trip and the guides made it for us after a long day of hiking at some little village we stayed at.  No restaurant americanized version.  The real deal
2010-07-20 11:02 AM
in reply to: #2992138

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I was thinking the same thing. It was sooo much easier being on vaca and being up at 9 to sit by the pool.

bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 10:10 AM Ugh, really?  It's only Tuesday?  UGH
2010-07-20 1:16 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
What would the group do?  I normally would have run early this morning.  However, some silly little database down thing preventing me from heading out.  The temps are near 100 now and probably will be by lunch (and they will be over 100 by after work).  My house is at 80, so it is not "cool" but it is not in the sun and I do have a fan.  Would you do your run indoors and be bored to tears or run outside with lots of water and just take an easy pace?  I know Nicole will tell me to skip it so I don't spank her arse too bad in our competition so that is not a valid response.  Note, there is NO shade on my route at all (and no way to find any).

2010-07-20 1:43 PM
in reply to: #2992703

User image

Pro
NJ
I lived just north of you and the sensible thing to do is run indoors.  That said, I think preservation of mental health is as important as physical health.  I'd take lots of water, some salt tabs, maybe even shorten it up or do a shorter loop that passes back by your house for an ice break. But do be careful.  If you're not really willing to slow down and shorten if necessary, then stay inside.  Of course, I melted in 90 degree weather last weak so take my advice with caution.

bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 2:16 PM What would the group do?  I normally would have run early this morning.  However, some silly little database down thing preventing me from heading out.  The temps are near 100 now and probably will be by lunch (and they will be over 100 by after work).  My house is at 80, so it is not "cool" but it is not in the sun and I do have a fan.  Would you do your run indoors and be bored to tears or run outside with lots of water and just take an easy pace?  I know Nicole will tell me to skip it so I don't spank her arse too bad in our competition so that is not a valid response.  Note, there is NO shade on my route at all (and no way to find any).
2010-07-20 1:48 PM
in reply to: #2992801

User image

Payson, AZ
Ha, that reminds me of a brick I did about a month ago where I went for a short run after a long ride.  I came back and put ice under my hat, down my shirt, and a few other places and I never even noticed it was there.  It was crazy hot. 

kcarroll - 2010-07-20 11:43 AM I lived just north of you and the sensible thing to do is run indoors.  That said, I think preservation of mental health is as important as physical health.  I'd take lots of water, some salt tabs, maybe even shorten it up or do a shorter loop that passes back by your house for an ice break. But do be careful.  If you're not really willing to slow down and shorten if necessary, then stay inside.  Of course, I melted in 90 degree weather last weak so take my advice with caution.

bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 2:16 PM What would the group do?  I normally would have run early this morning.  However, some silly little database down thing preventing me from heading out.  The temps are near 100 now and probably will be by lunch (and they will be over 100 by after work).  My house is at 80, so it is not "cool" but it is not in the sun and I do have a fan.  Would you do your run indoors and be bored to tears or run outside with lots of water and just take an easy pace?  I know Nicole will tell me to skip it so I don't spank her arse too bad in our competition so that is not a valid response.  Note, there is NO shade on my route at all (and no way to find any).
2010-07-20 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Just run at night, I do.  Start drinking heavy now. Same advice I gave to the wife when in vegas when we got marrried.

bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 1:16 PM What would the group do?  I normally would have run early this morning.  However, some silly little database down thing preventing me from heading out.  The temps are near 100 now and probably will be by lunch (and they will be over 100 by after work).  My house is at 80, so it is not "cool" but it is not in the sun and I do have a fan.  Would you do your run indoors and be bored to tears or run outside with lots of water and just take an easy pace?  I know Nicole will tell me to skip it so I don't spank her arse too bad in our competition so that is not a valid response.  Note, there is NO shade on my route at all (and no way to find any).

Edited by Newtons1st 2010-07-20 3:04 PM
2010-07-20 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX

Useless double post so useless fact.

All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20

Edited by Newtons1st 2010-07-20 3:03 PM
2010-07-20 2:56 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
What are you trying to say Todd?

2010-07-20 3:22 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
OK, went outside and kept it slow and easy.  Like Kim said, the mental break was just as important as the run.  I did get whistled at.  By guys though so it doesn't count. 

I have a pigeon hanging out at my front door that must be injured.  He never really leaves when I come out the door.  Every now and then he gets on the fence to where the cats can see it.  So, the cats are climbing up my walls and blinds trying to get at this pigeon.  Anyone want to come to my house and do a little target practicing? 
2010-07-20 4:04 PM
in reply to: #2993093

User image

Pro
NJ
bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 4:22 PM OK, went outside and kept it slow and easy.  Like Kim said, the mental break was just as important as the run.  I did get whistled at.  By guys though so it doesn't count. 

I have a pigeon hanging out at my front door that must be injured.  He never really leaves when I come out the door.  Every now and then he gets on the fence to where the cats can see it.  So, the cats are climbing up my walls and blinds trying to get at this pigeon.  Anyone want to come to my house and do a little target practicing? 

Kim, glad your run worked out ok.  Hawt is hawt. A whistle is a whistle.  They all count.  

Can't help you with the pigeon. Last week a robin started building a nest in the tree just outside my kitchen window.  Was fun to watch.  Normally the cats are not counter loungers (old guy can't jump up that far), but I haven't been able to keep Max-the-Thug off the counter next to the sink.  He just sits there and gurgles.  Once the eggs hatch he may croak from unfulfilled, overstimulation.
2010-07-20 4:42 PM
in reply to: #2993093

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
For what it's worth, I get really annoyed when I get whistled at or cat called by men when I'm working out, but really flattered when another woman checks me out, so guys don't count for me either. 

Nice job on the run.  You are a better woman than I, the treadmill is my friend lately.  I just can't hang in 100 degree heat.

bzgl40 - 2010-07-20 4:22 PM OK, went outside and kept it slow and easy.  Like Kim said, the mental break was just as important as the run.  I did get whistled at.  By guys though so it doesn't count. 

2010-07-21 8:34 AM
in reply to: #2993269

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Ohh you would be flattered by my cat call.

Nicole83 - 2010-07-20 4:42 PM For what it's worth, I get really annoyed when I get whistled at or cat called by men when I'm working out, but really flattered when another woman checks me out, so guys don't count for me either. 

Nice job on the run.  You are a better woman than I, the treadmill is my friend lately.  I just can't hang in 100 degree heat.

2010-07-21 8:38 AM
in reply to: #2993204

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX

That is true. I whisteled at JC at BSLT because he is a sexy beastly mans man and he liked it. He has the PR to prove it.

kcarroll - 2010-07-20 4:04 PM

Kim, glad your run worked out ok.  Hawt is hawt. A whistle is a whistle.  They all count.  

Can't help you with the pigeon. Last week a robin started building a nest in the tree just outside my kitchen window.  Was fun to watch.  Normally the cats are not counter loungers (old guy can't jump up that far), but I haven't been able to keep Max-the-Thug off the counter next to the sink.  He just sits there and gurgles.  Once the eggs hatch he may croak from unfulfilled, overstimulation.

2010-07-21 12:11 PM
in reply to: #2994147

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
you know it! ha!

What up peeps?  off work last week & this week has been in warp factor 8 mode!

Had to move offices within the building.... always a pain. Settled in now though.  Bigger office with windows, but near all the bosses... I was out of sight - out of mind in my old office!   Not no more!

Gonna go back and see what I have missed... hope everyone is good & I'll check ya on da flip!

Newtons1st - 2010-07-21 8:38 AM
That is true. I whisteled at JC at BSLT because he is a sexy beastly mans man and he liked it. He has the PR to prove it.

kcarroll - 2010-07-20 4:04 PM

2010-07-21 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Not in a very good mood.... Verizon sucks!  They apparently don't care that my phone's completely unreliable and doesn't get calls/texts and sometimes calls/texts don't go through.  Really nothing they can do at all (or so they say) but I can pay $290 to get the Motorola Droid now instead of waiting for December when we have a contract up for renewal... like I have almost $300 to spend on a new phone.  Here's the greatest one they offered me... a very basic flip phone the kind they give fore free with new contracts for $80... are you kidding me??  Why can't you just give me a comparable phone to the one I have or a very basic phone to at least last me until December like you did before? If AT&T service wasn't so bad around here, I'd definitely switch and get myself an iPhone. *End of rant*

Happy Wednesday everyone!  

2010-07-21 3:35 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
So looks like there is no water for SOMA.    Sounds like they will barely have water for IMAZ.  Not entirely sure what they will do.  I hope I don't end up in another point-to-point-to-point race cause that will suck. 
2010-07-21 3:53 PM
in reply to: #2995593

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
bzgl40 - 2010-07-21 4:35 PM So looks like there is no water for SOMA.    Sounds like they will barely have water for IMAZ.  Not entirely sure what they will do.  I hope I don't end up in another point-to-point-to-point race cause that will suck. 

Oh no, what happened?

That's a bummer.  That is a fun swim course, even if the water was a little germ infested.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 220