Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by noelle1230
Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by cdban66

There is no friggin' way you are nearly 40!

My thoughts exactly chris.

Well thanks guys!!  Yep, less than six months.  I'm not freaking out just yet Laughing  And seriously, I don't plan to.  It's all in the mind and I'm a youthful person.  I still get tats, go to rock shows and get in the mosh pit and watch the occasional silly show on MTV.  Now the fashions these days.....some of that stuff is just terrible.  I already lived through the 80's once!

You're a great almost 40 Agree on the 80s comeback. WTF? I'm convinced it's a conspiracy by all the gay male fashion dedigners to make us look bad.

Well at least they aren't bringing back the guys' clothes.  Those shorts were, uh, short!

(no, that's not me...though I did have that color grey).

2013-07-06 8:13 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Well thanks guys!!  Yep, less than six months.  I'm not freaking out just yet Laughing  And seriously, I don't plan to.  It's all in the mind and I'm a youthful person.  I still get tats, go to rock shows and get in the mosh pit and watch the occasional silly show on MTV.  Now the fashions these days.....some of that stuff is just terrible.  I already lived through the 80's once!

You're a great almost 40:) Agree on the 80s comeback. WTF? I'm convinced it's a conspiracy by all the gay male fashion dedigners to make us look bad.

Well at least they aren't bringing back the guys' clothes.  Those shorts were, uh, short!

Haha...I guess it depends on how you define "guy"--WTF?  I would break that "guy" in two with a handshake.

Short shorts on dudes?  I just threw up a little bit my mouth.

Mike, you get a pass cause it was the eighties and you were what, in eighth grade? 

OK, time to go do my core and I just poured a beer for the occasion. Actually, I think more nights than not I'm drinking a beer when I do core.  Cheers Noelle ;)

2013-07-06 9:10 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Random thoughts/comments:

• Do we have a before/after gallery yet?
  • I thought tri guys went furry-less, but...well, thank you all for not Innocent 
  • What is our overall guy/girl ratio?
  • C'mon, fellow core ladies. We can't let the guys take this so easily! They need to have the smug grins wiped off their...belly buttons? (Ima dork, but all the pics are headless.)

Good call on the gallery!  How do we set something like that up?

Few things here:

Yes, to the gallery--Chris?  A little help?

I don't know our effing ratio.  I've totally lost track.  And there are some people who just aren't chiming in, but I think they're with us.  Hello...?

I prefer non hairy myself, but Mr. Switch was all "Eff-that! I'm no effing triathlete." OK, baby, OK.

Haha!  DH wants to try smooth, but I said "Eff that...You shave, then I'm not. I happen to like us being VERY different."

GOOD story regarding chest hair.  When I first met my hubby, I must've expressed at some point that I'm not a big fan of body hair.  To impress me, the man went to the salon at our gym and got his chest WAXED.  His first experiment with hair removal and this was his choice of method.  There were little dots of blood where the hair ripped out and it was bright red for days.  Yes, my husband is a pleaser! 

Sounds like a keeper.

I'll put together an Ab Gallery when I get a chance, (s)witch. My wife is really going to start wondering about me, though.

I know you're busy Chris (and your job sounds like hellz right now--sorry :/).  If you don't want to do it, I can probably try to figure it out--I may just hit you up with questions. 

I definitely don't want your wife to wonder

I'm off tomorrow, so I should have time. Thanks for thinking of me. Life is good! Laughing

OK, I had a moment of waiting while at work. Here is the BT album:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Albums/Album/16979

Um. Thanks?

Can you photoshop a tan on that white belly of mine?

2013-07-06 9:16 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Originally posted by switch Just a friendly little suggestion to everyone to knock out your core chit early in the a.m. tomorrow.  Not that anyone in this group is gonna party or anything, just sayin

Yes mom! Laughing  That brings up a good question.  One of the members at my class last night asked me if I refrain from drinking because I train so much.  For me the answer is that I'm a total lightweight so I don't usually do more than 1-2 glasses of wine at a time.  And only on Saturdays because Sunday is my rest day.  And not for a few weeks or so (or especially the day before) if I have a big race coming up.  Drinking just always leaves me feeling a little off the next day.

How about you guys?  Do you drink and party?  Keep it clean and refrain?  Somewhere in between?  Will you be hitting it hard over this long holiday weekend and regretting it on Monday?

I'm late weighing in because I've been sulking. But . . . I hadn't had a beer in 6 to 7 years until a couple weeks ago in Austin. It went directly to my head, and I had to take a nap. I am a lightweight. I was reminded why I keep it clean and refrain.

2013-07-06 9:23 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Day 12 was completed earlier this afternoon after a quick lawn mowing. There is more beer in my not so distant future.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!!

<Editor's Note:  That slacker Mike took the ENTIRE day off from exercising.  I, mean, REALLY???  You couldn't drag yourself down thirteen stairs to the trainer and do something???  And I guess he doesn't get the "100 days" thing, either.  That's like "in a row, man", not "100 days whenever you get yourself out of bed".>

Day 11 in the books from Thursday...guess I'm doing a double tomorrow.  And a two-hour ride, because I'm also about an hour behind my goal on the TdF challenge.

I love your editor, Mike. He doesn't mince words.

2013-07-06 9:37 PM
in reply to: KansasMom

User image

Master
Central Kansas

I think I'm caught up on posts, but I'm a little behind on core work -- 20 minutes/2 days worth, I believe. I am going to try to take care of some of that tonight with a Jillian Michael's Ab workout. I'm dubious, because I watched a few minutes of it a few days ago and she said, "These exercises will melt the fat around your abs . . ." or something like that. I don't think it actually works that way, but whatever.

2013-07-06 9:39 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Well thanks guys!!  Yep, less than six months.  I'm not freaking out just yet Laughing  And seriously, I don't plan to.  It's all in the mind and I'm a youthful person.  I still get tats, go to rock shows and get in the mosh pit and watch the occasional silly show on MTV.

Ah, youth.

When I was 22 and married to my first husband who was a youth minister, I was often mistaken for one of the high school kids in the group. And when we told people I was his wife, they grew very concerned until we told them my age.

I won a big prize from an age guessing guy at King's Dominion when I was 38 because he under estimated my age by more than 10 years.

When I took my current job at 39, the staff thought I was a new college student on campus.

I was still carded in my 40s.

I got a "smoking hot" chili pepper on Rate My Professor when I was in my late 40s.

Sigh.

It sucks looking my age. Frown I'm not used to it. (As you can see, I'm back to sulking a little.)

2013-07-06 10:14 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
13/13. Going strong.
2013-07-07 9:31 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
checking in for Saturday. 6 down. Have a nice Sunday all!
2013-07-07 10:32 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Core challenge. 12 of 12.

Another 10 minute core workout from same guy. Not sure I'll get a "bikini body" but hey, worth a try

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vibk3XCMWI&feature=plpp
2013-07-07 10:35 AM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by switch Just a friendly little suggestion to everyone to knock out your core chit early in the a.m. tomorrow.  Not that anyone in this group is gonna party or anything, just sayin

Yes mom! Laughing  That brings up a good question.  One of the members at my class last night asked me if I refrain from drinking because I train so much.  For me the answer is that I'm a total lightweight so I don't usually do more than 1-2 glasses of wine at a time.  And only on Saturdays because Sunday is my rest day.  And not for a few weeks or so (or especially the day before) if I have a big race coming up.  Drinking just always leaves me feeling a little off the next day.

How about you guys?  Do you drink and party?  Keep it clean and refrain?  Somewhere in between?  Will you be hitting it hard over this long holiday weekend and regretting it on Monday?

Hey guys, first things first: I'm 100% on the core challenge thus far. Have been insanely busy so I haven't had much time to swing by. Now the important stuff! I LOVE beer. I refuse to let running/triathlon get in the way of the other things I love (like beer.) it's kind of tradition for me to have beer the night before competition. Of course I've had to suffer through an 18-miler or two whilst hungover, reinforcing the "moderation is key."

2013-07-07 10:36 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by RichardsdrrCore challenge. 12 of 12.Another 10 minute core workout from same guy. Not sure I'll get a "bikini body" but hey, worth a try http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vibk3XCMWI&feature=plpp
Body or not, you'll have to post the bikini pic
2013-07-07 10:38 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by RichardsdrrCore challenge. 12 of 12.Another 10 minute core workout from same guy. Not sure I'll get a "bikini body" but hey, worth a try http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vibk3XCMWI&feature=plpp

Scary.
2013-07-07 11:14 AM

User image

totally fell off the wagon this week - i'm going to start from scratch i think
2013-07-07 12:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by KansasMom

I'm late weighing in because I've been sulking. But . . . I hadn't had a beer in 6 to 7 years until a couple weeks ago in Austin. It went directly to my head, and I had to take a nap. I am a lightweight. I was reminded why I keep it clean and refrain.

Felicia, you have to work up to it, not just jump in with both feet! And no more sulking, you are awesome!

Edited by cdban66 2013-07-07 12:04 PM
2013-07-07 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Scary.

Scour the deepest, darkest corners of the internet and there is one of me at a Relay For Life event that is way scary.

2013-07-07 12:12 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
OK, Hard Core, we are at the end of week 2 and I am 13/14 today. I still have 11 hours to finish, and we are planning for an evening of core fun, so I should be caught up by the end of the day. I see a few check ins today and yesterday, how is everyone else doing? Waddya got and if you are struggling, what can we do to help you? Do you need encouragement? Do you need someone to yell at you? What can we all do to help one another out?
2013-07-07 1:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Adrienne, I was trying to channel you today on the run legs of my aquathon.  2k run/750 m swim/2k run.  You are the sprint goddess around here!

Chris, thanks for the encouragement...you're the best Laughing

Edited by noelle1230 2013-07-07 1:14 PM
2013-07-07 1:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

OK, Hard Core, we are at the end of week 2 and I am 13/14 today. I still have 11 hours to finish, and we are planning for an evening of core fun, so I should be caught up by the end of the day. I see a few check ins today and yesterday, how is everyone else doing? Waddya got and if you are struggling, what can we do to help you? Do you need encouragement? Do you need someone to yell at you? What can we all do to help one another out?

Motivation is great, I love the accountability of checking in everyday. Planning is a pain for me, I have found that I make up my 10 min workout 5 min before I start which means I have been switching up the same 10 or so exercises every time. I recently acquired the insanity DVD set, anyone have any feedback on the cardio abs workouts?

Thanks again for this guys, loving it so far!!!!
2013-07-07 1:20 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Switch, I was telling my husband about you, the core challenge, and our conversations about drinking (oh, and you and your hubby's sick abs).  He was bummed that you don't live nearby because two chicks like you and I would get along famously Cool

By the way, are we supposed to be adding numbers to that list??  Or someone doing that for us?  I'm 14/14 if so!

How's everyone else doing?  Chris offered some great encouragement and I am also committed to PM'ing you daily (or more than daily) if that helps!!  Just let me know....I may seem sweet but I can bust balls if need be......

2013-07-07 2:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Day 7 done.

T-Push ups
Scissors
Flutter
Dancing Crab
Plank- Center,Left,Center,Right,Center
Side oblique push-up

1 min each

2013-07-07 4:35 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Switch, I was telling my husband about you, the core challenge, and our conversations about drinking (oh, and you and your hubby's sick abs).  He was bummed that you don't live nearby because two chicks like you and I would get along famously Cool

By the way, are we supposed to be adding numbers to that list??  Or someone doing that for us?  I'm 14/14 if so!

How's everyone else doing?  Chris offered some great encouragement and I am also committed to PM'ing you daily (or more than daily) if that helps!!  Just let me know....I may seem sweet but I can bust balls if need be......

Noelle, we'd effing tear it up, no doubt. I'm sure you can bust balls with the best of em;)
2013-07-07 4:39 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by RichardsdrrCore challenge. 12 of 12.Another 10 minute core workout from same guy. Not sure I'll get a "bikini body" but hey, worth a try :)http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vibk3XCMWI&feature=plpp
Body or not, you'll have to post the bikini pic :)
Scary.

Scour the deepest, darkest corners of the internet and there is one of me at a Relay For Life event that is way scary.

oh hellz yes. Bonus points to the first male posting a bikini shot... not yet sure what the prize is for "winning" but, c'mon, that would be pure awesome. Chris, I will scour, oh yes I will.
2013-07-07 4:48 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by KansasMom

Well thanks guys!!  Yep, less than six months.  I'm not freaking out just yet Laughing  And seriously, I don't plan to.  It's all in the mind and I'm a youthful person.  I still get tats, go to rock shows and get in the mosh pit and watch the occasional silly show on MTV.

Ah, youth.

When I was 22 and married to my first husband who was a youth minister, I was often mistaken for one of the high school kids in the group. And when we told people I was his wife, they grew very concerned until we told them my age.

I won a big prize from an age guessing guy at King's Dominion when I was 38 because he under estimated my age by more than 10 years.

When I took my current job at 39, the staff thought I was a new college student on campus.

I was still carded in my 40s.

I got a "smoking hot" chili pepper on Rate My Professor when I was in my late 40s.

Sigh.

It sucks looking my age. Frown I'm not used to it. (As you can see, I'm back to sulking a little.)

About 2 years ago I went from "Miss" to "Ma'am". I still wonder who the hellz they're talking to when I hear "Ma'am".
2013-07-07 4:58 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

You're a great almost 40 Agree on the 80s comeback. WTF? I'm convinced it's a conspiracy by all the gay male fashion dedigners to make us look bad.

Funnily enough, only today I bought a pair way shorter than those, with splits to the sides also but I did buy a pair of Lycra shorts to go underneath, AKA off of the 90s.
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10596 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.