BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2017-02-08 7:06 AM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN
Originally posted by Juancho

2500m swim at 2.01 and 10k run right after - thought i would not finish, but, getting fitter and training my mind for longer train sessions....

Juan

Way to finish up strong! How fast are we going in the pool these days?

2017-02-08 8:36 AM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

DeLand, Florida

Originally posted by ligersandtions

70.3 WC is being held in Chattanooga this year, and for the first time ever, they are running separate men's (Sunday) and women's (Saturday) races.  Based on my results from last year, I was invited to race the women's race this year.  I was hoping to qualify at Galveston 70.3 in April, but I was offered a guaranteed spot, so I am officially registered and going to Chattanooga in September!

Congrats!!!!!

2017-02-08 8:46 AM
in reply to: firebert

User image

DeLand, Florida

Just catching up after a few days of celebrating and zero workouts.  You guys are all kicking butt and making things happen.

I've been unable to get my IT issues under control and need more focused attention - stretching and strengthening (PT exercises) in addition to foam rolling.  I haven't run in over a week.  Going to use the break to ramp up my cycling.

2017-02-08 8:59 AM

Austin, Texas
Yesterday I did

Deadlifts 3@95, 3@115, 2@135, 3@155, 3@185
Strict Press 5@55, 5@75, 5@85, 5@95, 5@105
3x15 Push-ups

Then swam 1100 yards. 30:06

Calves are still real tight from running. Going to try and stretch and roll them out today.
2017-02-08 11:09 AM
in reply to: ctpeel

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Boot Camp this morning...kicked my a$$. This was week 2 of the February finisher challenge she's having. We did a finisher last week, and will do it again at the end of the month to see our progress. If we make at least 3 weeks this month we get some kind of goody bag. It's great motivation for me, just to know that every week will be set up similarly and at the end I will be able to see my progress. I already feel way stronger though, and I'm down 4 lbs from Monday morning (from my gross weekend of drinking and eating crap). It's amazing what a little healthy eating can do sometimes.
2017-02-08 11:10 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
For those of you praying types, I have been out of work since last February and I have a massive job fair this Friday and Saturday. If you could pray that I get some interviews on my schedule, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

DQ

Edited by Qua17 2017-02-08 11:17 AM

2017-02-08 11:17 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by firebert

70.3 WC is being held in Chattanooga this year, and for the first time ever, they are running separate men's (Sunday) and women's (Saturday) races.  Based on my results from last year, I was invited to race the women's race this year.  I was hoping to qualify at Galveston 70.3 in April, but I was offered a guaranteed spot, so I am officially registered and going to Chattanooga in September!

Congrats!!!!!

X2
2017-02-08 11:35 AM
in reply to: Qua17

Austin, Texas
Originally posted by Qua17

For those of you praying types, I have been out of work since last February and I have a massive job fair this Friday and Saturday. If you could pray that I get some interviews on my schedule, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

DQ

Good luck man!
2017-02-08 11:36 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

Austin, Texas
Originally posted by nicole14e

Boot Camp this morning...kicked my a$$. This was week 2 of the February finisher challenge she's having. We did a finisher last week, and will do it again at the end of the month to see our progress. If we make at least 3 weeks this month we get some kind of goody bag. It's great motivation for me, just to know that every week will be set up similarly and at the end I will be able to see my progress. I already feel way stronger though, and I'm down 4 lbs from Monday morning (from my gross weekend of drinking and eating crap). It's amazing what a little healthy eating can do sometimes.

Yeah I ate about 20 cookies on Superbowl Sunday and just now today am I feeling semi back to normal.
2017-02-08 12:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Originally posted by ctpeel My calves are super sore today. I haven't run in a long time and was concentrating on trying to land on the ball of my foot. I'll just roll them out a bunch tonight.

What's your motivation for changing your foot strike?

2017-02-08 12:18 PM

User image

DeLand, Florida

Originally posted by ctpeel
Originally posted by nicole14e Boot Camp this morning...kicked my a$$. This was week 2 of the February finisher challenge she's having. We did a finisher last week, and will do it again at the end of the month to see our progress. If we make at least 3 weeks this month we get some kind of goody bag. It's great motivation for me, just to know that every week will be set up similarly and at the end I will be able to see my progress. I already feel way stronger though, and I'm down 4 lbs from Monday morning (from my gross weekend of drinking and eating crap). It's amazing what a little healthy eating can do sometimes.
Yeah I ate about 20 cookies on Superbowl Sunday and just now today am I feeling semi back to normal.

Haha - I drank 64 ounces of high gravity beer on Super Bowl Sunday and just now today I am feeling semi back to normal...  LOL.

2017-02-08 12:18 PM
in reply to: #5207975

User image

, Vermont
^^^ I'm with Nicole, what's the motivation for ball-of-foot strike? I've always gone with mid-foot. Your calves are definitely responding to the ball-of-foot you've adapted.
2017-02-08 12:24 PM
in reply to: #5212931

User image

, Vermont
Homemade chicken wings and grilled burgers for Super Bowl here! What a game, I almost pulled a Wahlberg and left early. Hahaha, glad I didn't. It was a great lesson for my youngest who is a huge Patriots fan. Don't stop playing your hardest until the game is over...never give up.

Walked a mile then ran/walked 3 on the indoor track followed with a quick but easy 1000 yd swim yesterday. Just finished teaching and have my gym bag with me. I had planned to swim but it's actually pretty warm out (relatively speaking) so I think I'll go home and run the dog and put the bike on the trainer after. We haven't had much of a winter but I'm ready for spring regardless. We just booked tickets for Florida for the kids' April break. I'm actually very psyched. I like swimming opposite direction in the lazy river - such a good workout so long as you don't get too demoralized by not going anywhere. I swim early so I don't have to deal with dodging other folks.
2017-02-08 12:25 PM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by nicole14e Boot Camp this morning...kicked my a$$. This was week 2 of the February finisher challenge she's having. We did a finisher last week, and will do it again at the end of the month to see our progress. If we make at least 3 weeks this month we get some kind of goody bag. It's great motivation for me, just to know that every week will be set up similarly and at the end I will be able to see my progress. I already feel way stronger though, and I'm down 4 lbs from Monday morning (from my gross weekend of drinking and eating crap). It's amazing what a little healthy eating can do sometimes.

Haha - I drank 64 ounces of high gravity beer on Super Bowl Sunday and just now today I am feeling semi back to normal...  LOL.

What kind did you have? We want details!

2017-02-08 12:26 PM

Austin, Texas

Originally posted by ctpeel My calves are super sore today. I haven't run in a long time and was concentrating on trying to land on the ball of my foot. I'll just roll them out a bunch tonight.

What's your motivation for changing your foot strike?

Well I was just trying to avoid landing first on the heel of my foot which is what I think I used to do naturally. When I ran cross country in high school I had lots of lower back pain and knee tendonitis. When I was running regularly a few years ago I was trying land on the ball/middlish part of my foot and I never had those same pains, although my calves did take along time to get used to it. I was thinking more frequent, short strides on the ball of my foot was better than the longer strides heel landing that I was doing.
2017-02-08 12:35 PM

User image

DeLand, Florida

What kind did you have? We want details!

Trillium - my brother and I made a special trip up on Saturday just for Super Bowl beers.  

I had Secret Stairs stout, Double Dry Hopped Summer Street IPA, Congress Street IPA, and Heavy Mettle Double IPA.  All were delicious, the last two were just wow off the charts good.  Total New England style IPAs, in the same vein that started so long ago with Heady Topper and has just run on it's own tangent ever since especially with Tree House and Trillium.

If any of you ever find yourself anywhere near Canton, MA (about 20 mins southeast of Boston, on I95) - stop in there.  It's pretty much right off the highway, and the tasting room and beer sales are open most days 11am-10pm.  Awesome stuff.  

2017-02-08 12:36 PM
in reply to: #5212932

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
My gosh! I checked the forum before I went out for a run and then y'all blew it up while I was out!! Awesome!

Just three miles today. Last run of my HM training plan. Feels weird that the race is sunday. Had to go out and make some emergency purchases yesterday after finding out the aid stations on the run wouldn't have any nutrition (no gatorade, gu, bananas, nothing). The folks who did this race last year said it wasn't like that last year. So, I just HAD to buy new bottles for my running belt. The old ones did leak. Then, C thought up the individual powdered gatorades, so I orders some of those too. Im a liquid nutrition on the run type person.
2017-02-08 12:56 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

DeLand, Florida

You're gonna kick that HM's butt this weekend Gretchen!!

I'm also all about liquid nutrition on the run.  Have you ever tried Tailwind?  My wife had stomach issues with a lot of different nutrition options, and I can't do gatorade (but can do powerade, which I find really strange).  Anyway tailwind is calories and electrolytes.  In theory you can go with just that and maybe water at water stops if you get thirsty.  

http://www.tailwindnutrition.com/

2017-02-08 1:50 PM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland

Thanks!

DQ

Good luck man!

X2!!! You got this!!!
2017-02-08 1:56 PM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Good luck this weekend, Gretchen!!! Kick some booty!
2017-02-08 3:29 PM

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by drfoodlove

My gosh! I checked the forum before I went out for a run and then y'all blew it up while I was out!! Awesome!

Just three miles today. Last run of my HM training plan. Feels weird that the race is sunday. Had to go out and make some emergency purchases yesterday after finding out the aid stations on the run wouldn't have any nutrition (no gatorade, gu, bananas, nothing). The folks who did this race last year said it wasn't like that last year. So, I just HAD to buy new bottles for my running belt. The old ones did leak. Then, C thought up the individual powdered gatorades, so I orders some of those too. Im a liquid nutrition on the run type person.

Crush. It. You will not just be great, you will feel good afterwards. Think of your adult beverage awaiting you at the finish!! Most of all, have a great time and smile. You've got this.

2017-02-08 3:30 PM

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Man! Gorgeous afternoon for a run here--72F, sunny, and a light breeze. Just awesome.

Niiiiiiice,
2017-02-08 3:31 PM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by Juancho

2500m swim at 2.01 and 10k run right after - thought i would not finish, but, getting fitter and training my mind for longer train sessions....

Juan

In a few months time, this will seem easy! You're doing great!!
2017-02-08 3:35 PM

User image

, Vermont

Snagged a Strava QOM....wasn't targeting it (didn't even know it existed....I don't really use Strava, but Garmin Connect automatically transfers to Strava and TrainingPeaks for me) and figure I can crush that time in the race where I'm doing steady tempo power the whole time, and not tempo intervals with easy in between

I'll be watching the Superbowl tonight and partaking in some beers.  I don't have a vested interest (Seahawks fan over here ), but figure I'll root against the Patriots.  

Hope everyone else had a good weekend and enjoyed a couple beers!

I'm on Strava too - I think I'm just Jenn Hoy or JennVT, I can't remember. I'll keep an eye out for you.
2017-02-08 3:38 PM

User image

, Vermont

Originally posted by aviatrix802

Wow, what a crazy second half. I truly thought the Patriot were going to get crushed...Ryan lost that one.
I'd like to see that last touchdown again - looked like the knee was down to me, but they had 3 more downs so my guess is they would have gotten it in there.
Say what you will about Tom Brady...5 time Super Bowl winner...he is decent!
I ate burgers and homemade chicken wings for dinner...surprisingly no beer...had to make up the calories somewhere.

Simply amazing. I find it just difficult to believe... that you didn't have any beer last night Me neither. New diet - new rules. I had a burger as well. Man did it feel good! Are you a Pats fan?

It was an amazing game. Ryan did play his role but Tom Brady was incredible!

My youngest is a Patriots fan, my hubby is a Dophins fan - so the best he can do is play as the Dolphins on Madden17 on PS 4 against my sons and win there. hahahaha. I suppose I should be a Patriots fan, but I just like to watch a good game.
I have to say that Ryan lost that game for Atlanta. A couple of those turnovers in the 2nd half by him and wham, the machine came rolling back. Whether you like or hate the Patriots, kudos to them for not giving up and producing the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31

Started by k9car363
Views: 41373 Posts: 762

2017-12-31 8:50 PM k9car363

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out

date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.