BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-06-17 8:58 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by StaceyK So is buying another pair of running shoes because they are a mega cool colour a valid reason? I currently have two pairs that I am using and 1 new pair in storage because Phil got then when he was over there at the beginning of the year and they are so much cheaper over there. But these are just such a cool colour I am thinking of getting them (they are the sort I currently wear). My biggest issue is where am I going to stash them so Phil cant find them and give me a hard time about it

Think of it as motivation to get out the door!

2015-06-17 9:09 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by StaceyK So is buying another pair of running shoes because they are a mega cool colour a valid reason? I currently have two pairs that I am using and 1 new pair in storage because Phil got then when he was over there at the beginning of the year and they are so much cheaper over there. But these are just such a cool colour I am thinking of getting them (they are the sort I currently wear). My biggest issue is where am I going to stash them so Phil cant find them and give me a hard time about it

and I think cool colors make you faster!
2015-06-17 9:09 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by StaceyK Oh the joy and excitement Manatees!!!!!! I have finally found a sports bra that fits!!!!!!!!!! I know you boys wont understand that this is something to celebrate and I am so sorry for over sharing but after an 18 month search this is a bigger deal than getting a new bike (now I just need to run to make sure they get used.)

That really IS reason to celebrate!  Do share what brand you found that you like (sorry, boys).  I think you should celebrate by getting those hot new running shoes you have your eye on!

2015-06-17 10:35 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Definitely go for the shoes as long as it won't cause problems with Phil.  No shoes are worth marital strife!  Glad you found a bra that works.  You'll be far more likely to do stuff if you're not uncomfortable while doing it.

2015-06-17 11:23 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Exactly.  Perfectly good reasons to get a new pair of shoes.

2015-06-17 1:08 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

OMG totally.

I just ordered these for that reason

2015-06-17 1:33 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

OMG totally.

I just ordered these for that reason

Those are sooooo you

2015-06-17 2:49 PM

User image

Seattle

http://mashable.com/2015/06/16/beer-mile-fail/

OMG hahaha. You don't even have to watch the whole video, just the gifs

2015-06-17 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

No friend to hold her hair? 

Funny, her "warm ups" before the run remind me of DS1. When we do a race together he does mock stretches like that.

2015-06-17 3:04 PM

User image

Seattle

Funny, her "warm ups" before the run remind me of DS1. When we do a race together he does mock stretches like that.

Hahaha

I love that she takes long enough to actually metabolize and get drunk while still running it

2015-06-17 3:08 PM

User image

Denver, CO

"People have done things harder than this.  People have done things harder than this."  And her arm pump stretches.  Crack. Me. Up!

2015-06-18 12:24 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Got a solid 24 minute tempo in last night with my team on the trails. I decided to skip the 150s at the end since I am racing. This morning I got a great mountain run up a little peak here.

I'm definitely toeing the line with maintaining training without totally killing myself for my race Saturday. As my bigger events are approaching I think I just need to prioritize and put even less emphasis on the racing. I think. 

2015-06-18 12:38 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Got a solid 24 minute tempo in last night with my team on the trails. I decided to skip the 150s at the end since I am racing. This morning I got a great mountain run up a little peak here.

I'm definitely toeing the line with maintaining training without totally killing myself for my race Saturday. As my bigger events are approaching I think I just need to prioritize and put even less emphasis on the racing. I think. 

Good luck keeping that competitive spirit in check.   I'm jealous of the mountain run.  Sounds like a lovely way to start the day!

2015-06-18 12:54 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by laffinrock

Good luck keeping that competitive spirit in check.   I'm jealous of the mountain run.  Sounds like a lovely way to start the day!

Haha right! Also, http://www.webscorer.com/seriesresult?seriesid=39748&gender=F 

2015-06-18 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

That does sound wonderful.  I think DS1 and I are going to drive up and run around on top this weekend.

2015-06-18 1:07 PM

User image

Denver, CO

And your next race is in that series?  That's going to make it all the tougher!!

2015-06-18 1:13 PM

User image

Denver, CO

On the topic of gender and racing from awhile ago, I saw this article in VeloNews about Carmen Small participating in a men's race.  Evidently, the rules for the US National Racing Calendar say that you just have to have pro and Cat 1 licenses, not that you have to be male.  Pretty cool that a male team asked her to join, not just to fill a slot but also to highlight the lack of women's events that are on par with the men's.  Plus she'll be ranked in an integrated way instead of "1st female".  Interesting that the men's races are officially just "races" not "men's races", but the women's are.

2015-06-18 1:26 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

It will be interesting to see how close you are after both of you get points for six races.  We chatted earlier about the prosect of you two going head to head.  Any chance that will happen? 

2015-06-18 1:31 PM

User image

Seattle

On the topic of gender and racing from awhile ago, I saw this article in VeloNews about Carmen Small participating in a men's race.  Evidently, the rules for the US National Racing Calendar say that you just have to have pro and Cat 1 licenses, not that you have to be male.  Pretty cool that a male team asked her to join, not just to fill a slot but also to highlight the lack of women's events that are on par with the men's.  Plus she'll be ranked in an integrated way instead of "1st female".  Interesting that the men's races are officially just "races" not "men's races", but the women's are.

That is awesome!

I was reminiscing about Manon Rheaume. It was only an exhibition game but she played goalie for an NHL team way back when, like early 90s! 

And now Shannon Szabados, while not the NHL it is still professional. 

2015-06-18 1:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

It will be interesting to see how close you are after both of you get points for six races.  We chatted earlier about the prosect of you two going head to head.  Any chance that will happen? 

Yeah, it's not really accurate as her points reflect 6 races and mine 5.

Eh, I dunno if we will go head to head or not. Like I've said, this series is not my main focus. I definitely have two races that will be shorter in order to fit with my plan however, I might have some flexibility in the very last race where we could go head to head but that will depend on what's going on in my calendar. 

Edited by Asalzwed 2015-06-18 1:39 PM
2015-06-18 1:37 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Two more good workouts yesterday.  Got in a solid hour on the trainer and then mile repeats.  Ran them comfortably hard with each one a little faster.

There is a great local half marathon this weekend that I'm going to try to run as a hard practice session.

Trying to decide which tri to do next.  On July 11th, there is a local tri that I've done a number of times.  It's a third mile swim, 14.5 bike and 4 mile run.  Same day there is an HIM that is about four hours away that is pancake flat which I also want to do to see what I really can do in an HIM (after Boise disappointment).  I know my wife would prefer I do the local race because of the logistics and they have one of the best kids tri events I've ever seen.  My son really wants to do it.  He did it last year and stills talks about it.  Hhhmmm.. I guess I think I just decided. 

2015-06-18 1:51 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Two more good workouts yesterday.  Got in a solid hour on the trainer and then mile repeats.  Ran them comfortably hard with each one a little faster.

There is a great local half marathon this weekend that I'm going to try to run as a hard practice session.

Trying to decide which tri to do next.  On July 11th, there is a local tri that I've done a number of times.  It's a third mile swim, 14.5 bike and 4 mile run.  Same day there is an HIM that is about four hours away that is pancake flat which I also want to do to see what I really can do in an HIM (after Boise disappointment).  I know my wife would prefer I do the local race because of the logistics and they have one of the best kids tri events I've ever seen.  My son really wants to do it.  He did it last year and stills talks about it.  Hhhmmm.. I guess I think I just decided. 

Good choice. Sometimes the family aspect is the best deciding factor.

2015-06-18 2:22 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Agreed.  Plus do you really want to do a "rebound" HIM right now? :D

2015-06-18 3:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Got in another run today.  This one felt a lot better than my first one I did Sunday.  Maybe I'm adapting already.  I'll be doing a tuneup tri on July 11th for a HIM I'm doing in October.  Still haven't done a lot of swimming.  I'll have to see if I can squeeze that in during a lunch or two.

2015-06-18 3:49 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Agreed.  Plus do you really want to do a "rebound" HIM right now? :D

I can't tell you how bad I want to do another HIM.  I've been chasing a time goal for 6 years and everytime I am so close I can taste it something derails it.  I'd do one tomorrow if I could.

Just got back from the pool.  Had very limited time so I thought I'd hit it hard.  After 500 yd warmup did seven 100's descending down to a PR 1:17.  I am thrilled.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68401 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29146 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38642 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.