BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 61

2011-06-16 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3434952

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room..

Lisa - I love that shirt. If I find one I may have to get it. Except I would much rather buy a pair of tri shorts. My priorities for where I spend money are shifting and I find myself saying no to things because I would rather save for what it gonna make things easier and smoother.

Ceril - happy bike shopping. And just for information purposes I spoke with a bike guy at REI about a bike fitting. He said a lot and I don't really know the difference between the guy who works at REI verses a LBS; however, he talked about bike all being built very differently and how women's bike are designed with the idea that women have longer legs and shorter torso. If you are not built that way women's bikes may not be the best fit for you. The other thing is getting a bike fitting done as REI is quit a bit cheaper than the LBS. It is not as in-depth, but might be enough to start with. Plus, if you bought a new bike from them they guarantee the fit for the life of the bike, which means they will trade out seat post, handle bars, or whatever. I look forward to hearing what you decide and/or end up with.

Carol - Way to rest when you need it. Hope you are better soon!

Karen - Well Steve said it so it must be true: you could do an Oly tomorrow!

Steve - Glad you made it on for a couple posts. Your life is pretty crazy and I do hope your mom holds her tongue while visiting. Your building your kids an archery range...awesome. I shot archery for competition when I was younger and I really enjoyed it.

Question: I met with a personal trainer today, it was free with my membership, and we talked for a long time about training. We specifically talked about nutrition. I have in some ways put nutrition on the back burner because it was too much for me to try and think about training plans and diet. Not to mention, I don't know much and research takes time. I just want to be ready to get out there and do well. Anyway, she encouraged me to bring it more to the front of my mind. I have plenty of extra fat I need to burn away and want to start thinking about what I am eating more often. I would like to know what is recommended for daily calorie intake. What kinds of food do you eat daily. Is there some food that is better, and some that I should just stay away from? I have felt under-nourished at times and over-caloried other times.

Question: The other thing I talked about with the trainer was strength training. Funny that Steve wrote about it, but she really encouraged me to add two days of strength training in. There is a nine station circuit that would be really easy to use and would take maybe 45 minutes. So besides having time is it really a bad idea to do the strength training? I have to say it sounds lovely to me to build muscle because that is something I am pretty good at. I would rather do strength work over endurance work any day.

I did a 45 minute spin class today and it kicked my butt. I wish I could see how much distance I covered, but I was super thankful to have someone pushing me so hard. CDA Ironman is coming up soon and I am volunteering - super excited about it!

2011-06-16 4:57 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

Those fitness trainer folks always want you to do weight lifting.  But in general it does not really work.  You just can't put in enough time lifting to burn any kind of serious calories.  I burn 12,000 to 15,000 calories a week.  Try doing that with weight lifting.

I can get by on around 1500 calories a day + some calories during workouts if I am out there for longer than 90 minutes at a shot.  What I eat is really not very important.  If you get some fruit, some vegatables and some protien add in some dairy you are probably fine.  To lose weight, cut out chocholate, keep your overall calories down and just put in the hours workout out. 

I did the 45 min lifting thing 3x a week, ran 2 miles after lifting and played racquetball 5 days a week for 2 hours, ate 1200 calories a day and lost nothing.  I lost 40 pounds with triathlon training, and all of it when I was at distances closer to what the group is doing now, 8 to 10 hours a week.  Simply put, if you are doing an aerobic exercize with constant energy output in the z2 or above range for 90 min 5x per week you are in a good place to lose weight.  I can't lift for 90 min and the energy output is burst... nothing...burst... nothing.  You are working fast twitch muscles not slow twitch.  It keeps them employed, but that is about it.  After your first hour of continuous workout you start burning fat while you are exercizing.  Prior to that you are just using the carbs in your blood system and then replacing them after you stop.  So the key is really to be able to go longer than 60 minutes doing something continuous, which tipically is not weight lifting.  Anyway my two coppers.

Edited by Baowolf 2011-06-16 4:59 PM
2011-06-16 6:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Steve, did you have to bring up chocolate? Of course you did, it is a number challenge for so many including me. Grrrr...but thank your for your coppers. I know you know what you are talking about. As with everything I am learning in this process it just takes time. I think the fitness gal I talked with wants me to lose weight, which is really nice of her. So she wants me to do what she believes will get me there and so do I. But that really isn't my goal at the moment. I can't believe you make it on 1500 calories/day. That seems so low and I wonder if I wouldn't starve, but you are obviously still alive. I am on the uphill side of the learning curve, but it is pretty cool stuff to be learning. Thank you!!
2011-06-16 6:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Another question: is there a significant difference good or bad between spin class and getting outside. It seems to me this should be obvious, but I would like to knOw what others thoughts are.
2011-06-16 6:45 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Well, spin classes get you moving, burn calories and work the same mucles as bicycling.  What you don't learn in spinning is how to unclip long before a stopsign, how to shift, how to balance, how fast you can go into that corner on dry pavement, wet pavement, with a little sand or gravel and tends to be either more anoying or booring depending on your personality.  It is like cycling, but it isn't cycling.  So it is hard to translate it into improvement in bike speed or distance.  So it is a really good thing to do, almost as good as cycling.  The problem is the bike fit will be different, the seat will be different, and the cadence/resistance will be different than a real bike.  So, if you are going to race on a real bike... the real bike is better.  If there is snow on the ground... the spin bike is better. 
2011-06-17 1:51 AM

User image

Colorado

Samantha--my usual nutrition plan is to eat a combo of carbs and protein at each meal (as opposed to carbs alone) to eat lots of fruits and veggies, and to limit my intake of sugar.  That said, I'm sure I eat more luna bars and the like than I should, but there are a lot of days when I just need the calories and don't have time to make a green smoothie or whatever.  I try to keep a stash of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge or to snack on a handful of nuts, but that hasn't been happening this week due to two demanding kids.  That said, I'm also in the opposite boat of a lot of people, in that right now I'm trying to prevent myself from losing any more weight.  Between nursing the baby and all the exercise, I ended up dropping three or four pounds that I didn't really intend to lose, and I'm determined not to drop any further.  If you are trying to lose weight, I'd suggest reducing dairy.  My husband lost a few pounds after we went dairy-free (neither of my kids can eat it) and he wasn't even trying.

Green smoothies are great things for packing in a bunch of fruit and veggies.  Mine look something like this:  4 oz water, 4 oz rice or coconut milk, 4-6 oz soy yogurt, 1 banana, 3 Brazil nuts (for the selenium), 1 TB chia seeds or flaxseed, 1/4-1/2 cup frozen berries, and 2 big leaves of kale or chard, or a handful of spinach.  Sometimes I add 1-2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa.  The color takes some getting used to (mine are often a shade of green or brown, though if you add enough berries it will turn a nice dark pink), but they taste fine.  It's easy enough to add a tsp of two of honey to sweeten it up if necessary.  Sometimes I'll add carrots or whatever, or leave out the yogurt or whatever.  Mine started from what was a simple recipe calling for 4 oz pineapple juice, 4 oz milk (dairy- or non-dairy, whatever), 1 banana and 2 large leaves of kale.  That's yummy, but I've tweaked it over the years to add more good stuff. 

BTW, Steve's comment about a blender vs a Garmin made me laugh.  We have a super-fancy blender (a Blend-Tec) and I use it almost daily.  It can grind flour and stuff too, and it makes my smoothies so smooth.

On the brewery:  maybe I'll take a picture the next time I go past.  It's really ugly.  I'm quite convinced that part of the reason Pete Coors lost the senate race some years back is that everyone here knows he's a lying liar who lies in all of his beer commercials, which must have been filmed much further up in the mountains because Clear Creek looks nothing like that running through Golden either.  And while I'm on the topic, would you believe that neither Coors nor Budweiser (up in Fort Collins) sponsors the Bolder Boulder, despite being right in the area?  Instead, everyone of age gets a can of Michelob, which is just nasty.  Apparently I don't even look like a beer drinker though, because every year someone asks me if they can have my beer ticket and I'm all "here ya go!"  They're right--I'm definitely not!

Up for a swim in the morning, then maybe a few miles on the bike running errands and then up to the mountains for the weekend.  Oh, to whoever asked about a change of clothes:  if I'm running errands I'm only biking 2-5 miles at a time so I don't get all that sweaty.  People exercise a lot around here so if I want to go grocery shopping in bike shorts and a bike jersey, no one will look at me funny.  They're more likely to ask where I'm biking or what my next race is.  Laughing  And sometimes I'll just wear regular clothes for shorter rides, or do a mix (to my doctor's appointment I wore bike shorts and a regular t-shirt that was long to cover my bottom so the bike short thing wasn't as obvious).  If I was going really far and thought I'd be sweaty or out of place, I'd definitely bring a change of clothes.

2011-06-17 8:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Daytona Beach

Ceril-Funny comment your daughter made "who are you?" I had to laugh.  Yesterday my 16 year old daughter had a friend over.  When I came back from my shorter length mock tri, I plopped myself on the floor near them.  The girl said "It is so cool that your mom exercises. MY (her) mom says she wants to but never does." MY daughter then said, "Yeah, but I'm use to it, my mom does it all the time." Made me smile.  I want to be a good role model for her, showing her that you should exercise throughout life. Ceril- Have fun with the girlfriends and the birthday! I love how you encouraged others to bring exercise clothes.  You go and exercise, even if no one else does.  You will feel better!

Steve-You are the perfect example of knowing when to rest. And I agree with you about throwing things out of the garage, but I don't even go by the 10 year rule.  If I didn't use it for the past year, it goes! (unless it is tools or the like).  You made me smile when you complimented the group about how far we have come.  I totally agree. It is cool.

Samantha-I know what LBS is, what is REI? And be careful with those weights! I've told my daughter I'll go to Yoga classes with her, but not the aerobic classes that involve a lot of jumping around.  I get enough aerobic exercise with the tri stuff, and I don't want to compromise my legs.  I save them for rides and runs.  I do however, like to do P90X Ab Ripper.  I feel I need core exercises, and they don't use arms or legs so much.  I think you need to decide what your goal is, then focus on that. If you want to weight train, then do that.  But I don't think you can heavily weight train AND tri train.  I think it would be too much on your arms and legs. But that is just my opinion.

Also Samantha- About the dieting.  When I am "good".  I try to keep my calories to 1100-1200 daily. But I usually am not that good. Could be why I am not dropping the weight. hmmm Oh, and Lisa- Just have to say I hate you right now. (LOL Just kidding) Wish I could lose wieght and not want to! Must be nice girlfriend!  Seriously, if you are nursing, I know how very draining (pardon the pun) that is. You can have all the chocolate you want-Steve says so! lol

Samantha- Probably what may help is a visual vs. an actual diet.  Think of your dinner plate (actually use a lunch plate smaller size= less food.) Cut it in half.  Fill that half with fruits and veggies. Take the other half, quarter it.  Fill one quarter with protein, and the other with carbs.  Off the plate (cuz ther is no room!) Is a serving of calcuim (milk yogurt cottage cheese etc.) Is that the perfect equation for a triathlete? No, but it works for us, those whose names are not Steve, (no offense Steve!) and those who are not training for an Iron Man.. yet.

Today is a rest day for me. I'll do ab ripper that's it. Steve has me thinking about the garage...might get out the trash bags! Tomorrow is a very short brick with swim day. Race is Sunday.  This is the one where my running girlfriend is watching.  I hope she gets hooked! Keep tri'ing guys! We are all great! Look at what we are doing.  Way more than the average "Joe", so let's not sell ourselves short.  -Karen

2011-06-17 8:25 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas

Good luck to Karen and Ken in their races this weekend!  Karen, you're ready for that ocean swim!  Ken, looking forward to seeing you smash your couse PR!

Karen - I am doing the MarineLand Sprint Tri ( I think it is #3). June 19.  Half mile swim (in the Atlantic) 12.1 mile bike down windy A1A, the a 5K run.  Should be pretty easy, no hills, just waves and a little wind. But I've been training for that.

Ken - 3 Little Pigs Triathlon;  Swim 273.4 yards   Bike 14 miles   Run 3.1 miles; Goal = better than last year.  

Skimmed the posts and will go back to refresh later.  Started feeling a bit better yesterday, but this morning not so good with coughing fits and a nyquil hangover.  Hopefully just moving through the stages back to wellness.

2011-06-17 6:18 PM

User image

Veteran

Lisa - I like the green smoothie recipe and I am gonna try it out. I will let you know what I think and what color it is . I definitely am on the side of wanting to lose fat, which will probably equal weight. I actually don't pay much attention to my weight. I measure my waist and see how my clothes fit. If I went by weight I would have a heart attack because I currently weigh more than I ever have in my life and I am definitely the most healthy and active I have ever been. I can't look at it or I can get discouraged. I am gonna work on the sugar reduction thing :P The Coors storyline is providing some great comic relief.

Karen - Way to be a good example to your kiddos. It takes so much commitment and discipline but what you are building into your kids and yourself makes it totally worth the cost. I hope your race this weekend is spectacular and I know you will rock the Atlantic swim! Thanks for the idea on using the plate for portion control. I have been doing something sort of like that, but breaking it into halves and quarters really helps. I find it interesting that the standard calorie intake for a person is based on 2,000 calories when I hear about intense athletes training on 1500 a day. Eating so few calories really goes against everything I have ever been taught, but that is probably part of the reason people are over-weight.

So I am gonna forego the weight training. Thank you for all the advice! I have P90X and have done ab ripper and really enjoy it. I will add that in a couple times a week just to work on my core because it is REALLY weak. Today was a good and strong day of training. What an exhilirating experience to get out and be successful. I am three miles away from having biked the distance of my tri. I have swam and ran further than the tri distance and that is exciting for me. I think I will go to one spin class a week because I really value the push it provides and it is nice to be able to just focus in on pushing myself without worrying about shifting, traffic, crashing, etc. My bike really is a pain to shift because the shifter are on the down tube and I only have 12 gears (I think that is right). Headed out to a sweet car show tonight and a couple more long rides and runs. Have a sweet weekend everyone!

2011-06-17 7:28 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

Finally starting to feel a little better.  12 hours of sleep 2 nights ago 10 hours lastnight and my 7 mile run today felt better, 7:40 pace instead of 9:40.  I find the run is the easiest place to tell when you are toasted.  If you are putting forth the same effort and just plain draggin your butt, you could be sick or in need of a rest day... or two.  This is a peak workout week in the IM plan, but if I am toast it does me no good.  Hopefully I will be good to go for my 115 mile bike ride tomorrow.  The down side is that my bum and stuff is.... well feeling the effects of biking 200 miles a week.  Hands build calouses pretty quickly so I think skin in general should shape up faster.  It could be a very long ride. 

Weight is really a complex thing.  Most of the common wisdom junk doesn't work for me because my motablism is sooooo slow.  My blood pressure is 100 over 50 and my reasting heart rate is 45 ish.  I really don't get any motaboism cary over from workouts and typically have to half the calories I should be burning during workouts.  So one should burn 700 calories on a 7 mile run.... I don't count on burning more than 350 if I am counting calories towards weight loss. 

It is really dangerous to shop after work... low bloodsugar and the candy isle.... not a good mix.  Chocolate is like blood in the water, once I start I want more.  I find that if I can go a month with no chocolate that I crave fruit more and don't crave chocolate... as much.  One slip though and it is soo hard to pass by a snickers bar on the table during a very long and borring meeting.  Free chocolate... bored...

Oh well, luck on the races, weekend is here weather is warm enjoy the day... or you won't.   

2011-06-17 9:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Tacoma, Washington

Good luck to Karen and Ken on the races this weekend!

As for me I am getting my swimming in, trying to twist my friend's arms into biking with me and finally getting some running miles in which is my weakest part as far as I am concerned.  So I put up a couple of goals on my dashboard that I will be running 18 miles a week, which in the end isn't that bad but hopefully it will keep me consistent and also to bike 80 miles a week, which should be easily doable for me.  Tomorrow is going to be a 3 hr 'flex time' ride and we will see how that goes for me, its the longest ride I will have done in some time.  As for diet I really don't eat less than 2,000 calories a day, but then again I don't really want to lose weight, just exchange some fat for muscle.  I find that I don't have enough energy to lift if I don't consume calories of over 2,000 per day.  Between my assorted tri training, lifting and other daily activities I don't really restrict myself on how much I eat.  I am just sensible on what I eat.  Thanks for the story on the Coors brewery, one more reason to drink from the craft beer section aside from the fact that they are about 1,000 times better tasting

Off to do some homework and then SSSLLLEEEEPPPPP!!! :D

Marcus

2011-06-18 12:51 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Nice goals Marcus.  Yes motabolism is extremely person specific.  Some people would be eating twice what I eat and losing weight on my workout regiem. So you have to see what works for you.  Ug late night 3500 yard swim after the kids are in bed.  Time for bed myself now 11 pm ish.
2011-06-18 1:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Memphis
OMG my legs are like Jello.  68 mile group ride this morning.  Good pace for me and lots of rolling hills.
2011-06-18 1:31 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas

Steve, thanks so much for the input on OLY training.  Glad you are feeling better and back to training!

Marcus, I'm resisting my urge to smack you....just wait until you're a middle aged woman....oh, never mind!  Seriously, good going on your training !

Dennis, sounds like the group bike thing is going really well for you.  Great job!

Guess our racers are soon to be packing their gear for tomorrow.  Go get em!

Hey to everyone else....will catch up w/ you later

I'm still down for the count here.  Tried walking 3 slow miles yesterday, and was zonked the rest of the day...and night.  Seem to be in the hacking up a lung phase now, so hopefully that means I'll be able to DO SOMETHING soon.  We are having some pretty extreme heat (80-100+), so may give my body a leg up and hit the treadmill or elliptical in the air conditioned gym when the time is right.

2011-06-18 3:19 PM
in reply to: #3555617

User image

Veteran
Tacoma, Washington
squirt - 2011-06-18 1:31 PM

Marcus, I'm resisting my urge to smack you....just wait until you're a middle aged woman....oh, never mind!  Seriously, good going on your training !

Tehehe... My time will come and I am definaitly not skinny now, these last 5-10 lbs suck.   Anyways my ride will have to wait for tomorrow, thunderstorms and whatnot.  I don't think riding my road bike on drenched crushed limestone would be the best idea of the day Laughing

Good work on keeping that pace up for 68 miles Dennis!

Marcus

2011-06-18 7:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Raleigh, NC

Hello all, just a quick check in.  Had a pretty good race today.  Meet my goal.  I will post a complete race report later. 

2011-06-18 9:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Hey all! Had a great workout today. Doin more than I ever would have believed a year ago. Thanks again for all the thoughts and ideas on nutrition. Steve you said your BP and pulse run low and that is linked to having a slower metabolism. Did I understand you right? I run very similar numbers to you, so I amm curious if that means the same thing for me? What I really realize from everyones input is we are all very different and I just have to keep working with myself to see what works. But i really relate to what you said. Marcus you just think of us when you are happily eating;-). Great job on the miles Dennis! Great job on the race ken- waiting to seethe race report. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am gonna ride my bike to church. It may take mema little while, but it will help me incorporate my workout into my day. Happy Saturday. I am really tired and gonna get to bed early.
2011-06-18 10:36 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

Ug long day here.  I started out my long bike ride and was immediatly in a 20+ mph headwind.  Then after 3 hours of that averaging 13 mph I said enough with that, took a turn and went around the bock.... which in my neck of the woods was 78 miles.  I was  hoping to do a little out and back (15 miles out and 15 miles back) on this road I had never been on to make up for the headwind miles I was trying to avoid.  The problem was that this road went downhill and downwind.  So when I was 15 miles down that road (mile 71 at this point) I really didn't want to head uphill and upwind again.  So I figured if I kept going another 10 south, and then I could cut back 45 miles east and avoid going head on with the wind again.  It was not to be, I ended up with those same 25 miles headwind I was trying to aviod, it cost me an additional 13 miles to my ride and bought me a 1500 foot moutain range to cross.  Just one of those days... 9 hours later time to eat everything I can get my hands on. 

Sorry to hear about ilnesses going around.. so not cool. 

Glad that weekly bike group is panning out for you, I would love to have one of those, you will be fast after a couple months of that. 

Look forward to reading all those race reports. 

Hrm replace fluids or just go get unconcious and hope my I didn't do anything to my legs for tomorrows run.  Night.

2011-06-19 9:33 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas

Ken - so glad you had a good race and beat your time from last year!  Do tell us about the details when you can.

Karen - look forward to hearing about your race!

Samantha - I looked at your log, and you are making awesome progress.  Like the creativity on getting in an extra bike workout on the way to church!

Marcus - good call on the (not) ride.  Sounds like it would have been really treacherous!

Steve - wow, what a ride!  You'll be ready for anything come race day, assuming you don't do yourself in first .

Living through you guys until I can kick this crud to the curb.  Skipping church and deferring father's day stuff since the cough is pretty out of control.  Blech!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  Enjoy your day!

2011-06-19 10:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Carol- keep on resting so you can get back at it. Glad you are still keepin up with us! Karen- can't wait to here about the Atlantic :-) Steve- it sounds like a brutal ride but how Prepared does it make you feel; assuming you can still walk :-) Happy Father's Day dad's. Thanks for loving your kiddos!
2011-06-19 10:35 AM

User image

Veteran
Quick question: my thigh and flute muscles are really sore. Is it a good idea to go ahead with my original plan to bike 40 minutes and run 30 min. today?

2011-06-19 11:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Tacoma, Washington

Flute muscles huh... I would think glute would fit better and since they are next to each other on the keyboard I will make that jump. Wink  Anyways I would say go for it just make it a shorter less intense bike ride.  As the training progresses we are all training on sore bodies from one point to another and as long as you aren't pushing yourself to injury I say a recovery ride is what I would do.

Marcus

2011-06-19 6:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Haha... That's pretty funny. Glad you went ahead and made that jump; your Logical deduction of the facts will take you far ;-). I took your advice and did a shorter ride. It took some effort. I am way more tired today than I expected. This was a big output week for me and I am trying to figure out the calorie thing. Thanks for checking out my log and encouraging me Carol. It means so much to have people pursuing the same thing and understand the process. I am gonna rest and think about a light walk or jog for later. If I do jog I will have gotten in all my workouts this week. Super cool!
2011-06-19 6:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Memphis

Congratulations to Ken for making his goal.  Quite a few friends of mine did a sprint this weekend and everybody I know got bloodied up somewhere along the way.  One had a busted nose from the swim (foot to face), one crashed out on the bike, another tripped over a tree root on the trail portion of the run.  I'm glad I skipped this one.

New pain: back/inside of left knee.  hurt yesterday after bike, Didn't feel it much at first during the run, but it increased enough at the 2.5 mile mark to make me stop running and walk home.  Not a horrible pain but not worth running through when I know I have been over doing the bike.  It only hurt when I was bending my knee at around the 20-30 degree point.  Like there is a particular point that will cause pain, below or above that point, no pain.  I'm sure it'll be fine with some rest.

Went out for a OWS today also.  I did just 1600 yds because we started late and boat traffic was a little too high for me.  Doing another tomorrow morning so i hope to get 2200 yards in.  Once of the guys I'm swimming with is doing CdA next weekend and is just doing his tapering swims.  When I asked what his goal time was, he said 9:45.  I'm dealing with people way beyond my skill level.

2011-06-19 8:13 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

Way beyond my skill level too.  I got in a 17 mile run this morning before church at around an 8:26 pace after walking the first quarter mile to warmup.  Then we went fishing.... no fish.  Very disappointing.  We could see the fish, but having a ton of folks at the lake was making the fish skitish.  There was one person every 20-30 feet on the shore and I was a good 35 miles up into the mountains from town.  In like 6 hours we saw I think 1 person catch a fish.  Oh well.  Next week is a taper week and I probably need it badly even with skipping a few workouts this week.  It is sad that I have put in nearly 2500 miles this year with 650 ish miles last month 700 + this month and I will have 6 rides of 100 + miles and do not expect any gains on the bike this year.  Can't really like biking for that reason.  At least on the run I can get faster.  Not so much with swim or bike. 

Now we have to come up with something else for dinner as fresh trout is not to be.   

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Beginner Banquet -Sorry all tables are full no room.. Rss Feed  

of 61