BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-06-06 9:20 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors: We Will Stalk You (Open)

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

WELCOME RORO

I noticed you didn't admit to knowing me, but I don't blame ya either

I wondered about the connection

Welcome Ro!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I LOVE that you are a Bible translator!!!!!!!!!!! So cool! If you need help with accountability, this is the group to do it (in love, of course)

Edited by rrrunner 2014-06-06 9:21 AM

2014-06-06 9:25 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

I'm seeing a lot of Brooks love in the shoe pics.  I'm mostly a Brooks gal, too.  The exceptions were my trail shoes which I used to love Adidas response until I discovered Brooks Cascadia; the other exception being the Pearl Izumi [somelettersandnumbers] that I use for racing sockless.  I wear Ghosts.

I'd tried a LOT of shoes and never found "the one" until I stumbled on the Brooks Pure Connect 2. Now I have to buy them up to get me through until Brooks changes it back after the awful changes on the 3. My trail shoes are Salomons but I might have to give the Cascadia a try

2014-06-06 9:31 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Welcome, Ro!  If you know Yanti, you know exactly what you're in for by joining the Pod. 

Happy Friday, everybody, and happy National Donut Day!!  At least here in the US.  All the rest of y'all are going to have to come up with your rationale for eating a massive lump of sugar and fat.

2014-06-06 9:47 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by rrrunner

WELCOME RORO

Welcome Ro!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I LOVE that you are a Bible translator!!!!!!!!!!! So cool! If you need help with accountability, this is the group to do it (in love, of course)

She is insanely smart but stupid humble. It ain't just one language she's translating ... and she's creating dictionaries and apps and all sorts of cool stuff.

She does, however, need some serious stalking and nagging in terms of doing strength training. Post-meno female with osteopenia. Let the accountability commence.

P.S. None of you will believe this, but she is in fact crazier than I am. I have proof.

2014-06-06 9:51 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

Welcome, Ro!  If you know Yanti, you know exactly what you're in for by joining the Pod. 

Happy Friday, everybody, and happy National Donut Day!!  At least here in the US.  All the rest of y'all are going to have to come up with your rationale for eating a massive lump of sugar and fat.

OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!! I knew i should have stopped at DD this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

2014-06-06 9:54 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

WELCOME RORO

She is insanely smart but stupid humble. It ain't just one language she's translating ... and she's creating dictionaries and apps and all sorts of cool stuff.

She does, however, need some serious stalking and nagging in terms of doing strength training. Post-meno female with osteopenia. Let the accountability commence.

P.S. None of you will believe this, but she is in fact crazier than I am. I have proof.

Ro, please let us in to your training logs

2014-06-06 9:59 AM

User image

Denver, CO

OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!! I knew i should have stopped at DD this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

LaMars is giving away free ones.  I'm very glad it's out of my way and I would have to make a special trip to get one.

2014-06-06 10:06 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

LaMars is giving away free ones.  I'm very glad it's out of my way and I would have to make a special trip to get one.

I think we had those in Nebraska, don't have them here. Rebel Donut (sponsor of the Donut Dash I'm scheduled to do in august) is giving donuts but they are WAY out of the way for me.

2014-06-06 10:06 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

WELCOME RORO

She needs to open her training log to us so that we can harass inspire her!

2014-06-06 10:16 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by jmkizer

WELCOME RORO

I'll harass her about her log tomorrow so that we can all harass her. It's past midnight her time. Oh yeah, someone else explain the inspire system because I'll forget. She gets how to inspire other people but not how to reply to inspires.

2014-06-06 10:19 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

WELCOME RORO

I'll harass her about her log tomorrow so that we can all harass her. It's past midnight her time. Oh yeah, someone else explain the inspire system because I'll forget. She gets how to inspire other people but not how to reply to inspires.

So she's not the insomniac you are?

2014-06-06 10:20 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Monica,

How's the Bia?  We want a review!

2014-06-06 10:24 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Monica,

Oh yeah! I just read a review on it a couple days ago! She did a nice job of compring it to Garmin and gave some areas to Garmin but most to Bia. BTW BIA in my area is Bureau of Indian Affairs so that one will take some getting used to. It would be like naming it DEA or FBI!

2014-06-06 10:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

INFO FOR NEW MANATEES

If you haven't figured it out, we talk a lot. :-)  Fasten your seatbelts!  Also, we tend to be an inspiring bunch (as in, we use the "inspire" feature of the site a lot).  If you are not familiar with inspires, note that you can reply to them by clicking Reply.  This pops out a new window for you to type your response so that the original poster can see it.  Finally, most of us use the training log on the site (Yanti said that it's required: "Keeping up your training log here on BT and opening it to other group members is mandatory.").  This makes it a lot easier for us to help each other when training questions come up.  

If you list your upcoming races on your training log  -- by adding to My Races or listing them in Dashboard, we'll celebrate with you!

We have a Google+ community that we use on an irregular basis.  Send your info to a returning Manatee (Janyne, Chris, Monica or Darren) and you will be added.

We have a Bike Gallery as well.  Post a picture of your racing steed and draw Chris' attention to it.  He'll get you added.

We have a Strava group too.  Let Chris or Janyne know and we can add you.  (PRO TIP:  If you decide to join the Strava group, check out https://tapiriik.com/or http://www.syncmetrics.com/. They will sync from Garmin Connect to Strava in the background.)

Oh, we're on Twitter too...

In the past, someone in the Pod (Yanti, Chris, Janyne) has created a table listing all of the pod members with links to their logs.  Once this handy dandy table has been created, feel free to copy/paste it to your own dashboard.

Please be active!  Inactive Manatees make us sad!

2014-06-06 10:36 AM

User image

Master

Did someone say donuts? I believe they go well with COFFEE...which I am preparing my children to trip along with me to find (for me, not them).

I had the best intentions to catch up on manatee chatter yesterday, but took kids to the shelter for some doggy research (pics and note-taking). I'm trying to get adoptable animals posted in the local FB pages that I'm on.  After several hours of doggy work, I had to keep my promise and take them to the college pool. I didn't get on the trainer til almost 6. 

I saw lots of shoe pics! Here's the evolution of my shoe stable from oldest to newest. I wear all of them still, just not for running.

(20140606_081601.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20140606_081601.jpg (80KB - 3 downloads)
2014-06-06 10:39 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Monica,

Oh yeah! I just read a review on it a couple days ago! She did a nice job of compring it to Garmin and gave some areas to Garmin but most to Bia. BTW BIA in my area is Bureau of Indian Affairs so that one will take some getting used to. It would be like naming it DEA or FBI!

I finally pried the link to the review from my Feedly

2014-06-06 10:42 AM

User image

Melon Presser

WELCOME RORO

No, but like me she's not a morning person either. Tomorrow at FIVE FACHIN' STUPID THIRTY O'CLOCK is the first training session with the traveling team for Indonesia Masters. We'll see if I make it ... ha ha ha.

2014-06-06 10:45 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Did someone say donuts? I believe they go well with COFFEE...which I am preparing my children to trip along with me to find (for me, not them).

I had the best intentions to catch up on manatee chatter yesterday, but took kids to the shelter for some doggy research (pics and note-taking). I'm trying to get adoptable animals posted in the local FB pages that I'm on.  After several hours of doggy work, I had to keep my promise and take them to the college pool. I didn't get on the trainer til almost 6. 

I saw lots of shoe pics! Here's the evolution of my shoe stable from oldest to newest. I wear all of them still, just not for running.

So much to respond to here...

Yay for time with the kiddos! Yay for coffee!

A friend of mine is a professional photographer that lives in St. Louis. She photographs the dogs and cats for her local shelter and does an AMAZING job! She makes them look so... well... adoptable! I want to go get everyone she posts! Good thing she's in St. Louis but she's the reason we went looking for Sydney (my newest pup for you new Manatees).

Shoes... creative photography! Most of my shoes get put in the recycle at the LRS but my last "too old to run" pair became my hiking in Moab shoes.

2014-06-06 10:46 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

WELCOME RORO

No, but like me she's not a morning person either. Tomorrow at FIVE FACHIN' STUPID THIRTY O'CLOCK is the first training session with the traveling team for Indonesia Masters. We'll see if I make it ... ha ha ha.

You can DOOOOOO EEEEEEET, then go for a donut  Can you find those there?

2014-06-06 10:53 AM

User image

Melon Presser

WELCOME RORO

How else do you think we bribe Indonesian cops? *ducking and running*

I do actually know three people who have done it. I may or may not have been one of those people. I may or may not have a photograph of alleged cop standing outside alleged Dunkin' Donuts waiting for his treat.

2014-06-06 10:53 AM

User image

Melon Presser

WELCOME RORO

I do actually know three people who have done it. I may or may not have been one of those people. I may or may not have a photograph of alleged cop standing outside alleged Dunkin' Donuts waiting for his treat.

2014-06-06 11:16 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

So much to respond to here...

Yay for time with the kiddos! Yay for coffee!

A friend of mine is a professional photographer that lives in St. Louis. She photographs the dogs and cats for her local shelter and does an AMAZING job! She makes them look so... well... adoptable! I want to go get everyone she posts! Good thing she's in St. Louis but she's the reason we went looking for Sydney (my newest pup for you new Manatees).

Shoes... creative photography! Most of my shoes get put in the recycle at the LRS but my last "too old to run" pair became my hiking in Moab shoes.

Your shoes almost make a donut.  Maybe that means you've earned one...

2014-06-06 11:16 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

WELCOME RORO

Funny, i hate that stereotype... but I do love donuts  Maybe I hate the stereotype of the fat lazy cop eating donuts... though I know they exist

Sooooo contemplating upgrading my Iphone 4s to a 5s. Best Buy is running a sale so the 5s would only cost me $50, plus probably another $35 to switch the service (thanks Verizon). However, my cords would no longer work and my Mophie would no longer work because Apple went away from the traditional charge thingy on the bottom with the 5.

I hadn't planned on upgrading but I broke the back glass on my 4, so it's covered by the Mophie, and there are days (like today) that it's being cantankerous.

Thoughts?

2014-06-06 11:17 AM

User image

Master
Subject: Q

Actual kind of training question...

Unlike my numerous shoes, I have mtb shorts for trail riding, an old pair of pearl izumi bike shorts for on the trainer, and when we do road rides I've been wearing my tri shorts. Q: Which should I get, another pair of bike or tri shorts? I'm leaning towards tri because they're comfy and one of my goals is to get better at running off the bike (i.e. no shorts changing). But I'll be spending a lot of time on the trainer and we're getting back on the road again now that J has his bike built, so the extra padding could be nice.

Oh, and since the birthday tooth, I'm working on a budget...so I can't buy both. 

2014-06-06 11:20 AM

User image

Master

WELCOME RORO

Funny, i hate that stereotype... but I do love donuts  Maybe I hate the stereotype of the fat lazy cop eating donuts... though I know they exist

Sooooo contemplating upgrading my Iphone 4s to a 5s. Best Buy is running a sale so the 5s would only cost me $50, plus probably another $35 to switch the service (thanks Verizon). However, my cords would no longer work and my Mophie would no longer work because Apple went away from the traditional charge thingy on the bottom with the 5.

I hadn't planned on upgrading but I broke the back glass on my 4, so it's covered by the Mophie, and there are days (like today) that it's being cantankerous.

Thoughts?

Get a Galaxy S5.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.