BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2012-06-06 6:45 PM
in reply to: #4248158

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod
crews - 2012-06-06 2:05 PM

Please don't flipper thwack me...but I've been LA-ZEEE the last week or so.  Super stressed at work.  I should have let it motivate me, but I wussed out.  The clouds finally parted yesterday, so the stress is coming to an end.  HALLA-Fricking-LOO-YA !!! I did make it to a much needed yoga class today.

Kiddo had his first triathlon last weekend.  It was amazing.  There were many moments that I had tears in my eyes...I was just so proud of him!  http://crewsfam.blogspot.com/  I put a some of the pics on my blog if ya wanna see.

Hope everyone is keeping on keeping on.  I'm still reading through the last few pages

So sweet. I got tears in my eyes seeing his dad swinging him around after his race. What a guy! (both of them). Maybe your son could give us some pointers on fast transitions? I sure could use some help.

2012-06-06 6:47 PM
in reply to: #4248348

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Artemis - 2012-06-06 3:23 PM

Did I paint my nails mint green this afternoon? Yes

Does it just so happen to match my favorite running shirt? Yes

Hooray! I got my box from Sierra Trading today -- Yes. New sun glasses for running races. I'll bet you can guess the color.

PINK!!!!!! I love them.

ETA: Oh, and I almost forgot. There was also a brand new hot pink running skirt. I am sooo excited.

Edited by KansasMom 2012-06-06 6:48 PM
2012-06-06 6:51 PM
in reply to: #4247916

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Asalzwed - 2012-06-06 1:19 PM

Aww, you guys are very sweet. I needed to hear that today, so, THANK YOU! 

Happy National Running Day, all. I hope everyone can get out and enjoy a little run. Just because you can! 

Oddly enough, I celebarted by riding the bike. I ran yesterday, and I'll run tomorrow.

Bad planning. Oh well, what can you do but try again next year?
2012-06-06 10:35 PM
in reply to: #4247916

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Asalzwed - 2012-06-06 12:19 PM

Aww, you guys are very sweet. I needed to hear that today, so, THANK YOU! 

Happy National Running Day, all. I hope everyone can get out and enjoy a little run. Just because you can! 

I did. 7.85 miles. I was running for time, but if I'd known how close I was to 8 miles, I would have run another two blocks. Oh, well.

2012-06-06 11:47 PM
in reply to: #4212573

User image

Master
Ok, Manatees, I'm going to need someone to tell me to settle the eff down.  I have been feeling a bit fatigued this week, didn't do anything yesterday, only my swim today, have been feeling tired too (sleepy I mean).  Possibly doing too much, possibly coming down with something.  Deciding to do the charity HM has been messing with my schedule, and feeling like I have not been getting in enough biking and worrying about the swim and feeling like I SUCK at pacing on the swim and the bike for a HIM distance and I'm 7 weeks out from my HIM...  I can't afford to miss sessions.  Hopefully this is just an anomalous week.  Going away this weekend and didn't really want to pack my bike along (just because it is a bit of a pain in the with the dog crates in the back of the car, hard to open the hatch with the bike carrier, blah blah), but I guess I will be or I will miss another long bike.  Ok, end freak out.
2012-06-06 11:53 PM
in reply to: #4249042

User image

Elite

bcraht - 2012-06-06 11:47 PM Ok, Manatees, I'm going to need someone to tell me to settle the eff down.  I have been feeling a bit fatigued this week, didn't do anything yesterday, only my swim today, have been feeling tired too (sleepy I mean).  Possibly doing too much, possibly coming down with something.  Deciding to do the charity HM has been messing with my schedule, and feeling like I have not been getting in enough biking and worrying about the swim and feeling like I SUCK at pacing on the swim and the bike for a HIM distance and I'm 7 weeks out from my HIM...  I can't afford to miss sessions.  Hopefully this is just an anomalous week.  Going away this weekend and didn't really want to pack my bike along (just because it is a bit of a pain in the with the dog crates in the back of the car, hard to open the hatch with the bike carrier, blah blah), but I guess I will be or I will miss another long bike.  Ok, end freak out.

OMG don't you remember my freak outs!  You are probably just going through the same thing....it is a combination of being awestruck by what you're taking on, doubt that you're doing enough training and of course just being totally exhausted.

This forum is certainly the place to air how you're feeling! 

I don't think it would be a huge issue to miss a long bike especially if you're tired - can you not fit in a long trainer ride beforehand to take its place?  I did a few of those in place of long rides.

Make sure you are eating well especially carbs - I found my emotions in tatters if I skipped carbs.

Anyway - you're doing great.  Feel the fear and do it anyway

2012-06-07 6:23 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
bcraht - 2012-06-07 12:47 AM

Ok, Manatees, I'm going to need someone to tell me to settle the eff down.  I have been feeling a bit fatigued this week, didn't do anything yesterday, only my swim today, have been feeling tired too (sleepy I mean).  Possibly doing too much, possibly coming down with something.  Deciding to do the charity HM has been messing with my schedule, and feeling like I have not been getting in enough biking and worrying about the swim and feeling like I SUCK at pacing on the swim and the bike for a HIM distance and I'm 7 weeks out from my HIM...  I can't afford to miss sessions.  Hopefully this is just an anomalous week.  Going away this weekend and didn't really want to pack my bike along (just because it is a bit of a pain in the with the dog crates in the back of the car, hard to open the hatch with the bike carrier, blah blah), but I guess I will be or I will miss another long bike.  Ok, end freak out.

Settle the eff down. How was that?

Kirsten, I looked back at your logs and you are doing the work, woman. An occasional day off to recover ain't so bad, as a matter of fact, it helps recharge. And not just the fatigued body, but the fatigued mind as well. Is it in the plan to miss a workout? Of course not. But little in life is etched in stone, and this is something that most of us do for fun, not for stress. It sounds to me like you may want to take a look at the big picture, at all that you've done so far, take a deep breath and a break from the pressure, get one long night's sleep (if that's possible) and then get back after it with some renewed vigor. Your body and your mind may give you a big thank you.

2012-06-07 8:34 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

bcraht - 2012-06-07 12:47 AM Ok, Manatees, I'm going to need someone to tell me to settle the eff down.  I have been feeling a bit fatigued this week, didn't do anything yesterday, only my swim today, have been feeling tired too (sleepy I mean).  Possibly doing too much, possibly coming down with something.  Deciding to do the charity HM has been messing with my schedule, and feeling like I have not been getting in enough biking and worrying about the swim and feeling like I SUCK at pacing on the swim and the bike for a HIM distance and I'm 7 weeks out from my HIM...  I can't afford to miss sessions.  Hopefully this is just an anomalous week.  Going away this weekend and didn't really want to pack my bike along (just because it is a bit of a pain in the with the dog crates in the back of the car, hard to open the hatch with the bike carrier, blah blah), but I guess I will be or I will miss another long bike.  Ok, end freak out.

I agree that bike+dog = bad travel combo.  It's definitely difficult to have the bike on the hitch and the dog(s) in the back. 

Could you get a medium length bike ride in before and/or after your trip?  Your swim seems to be in good shape and clearly you'll have the run fitness with the HM so it's the bike.  You don't have to get the full 56 miles in before the race, although that would be nice.  If you could get your longest ride to 45-50 mile (75-80%) you should be in really good shape.  You can do this!

And yes, doubts are normal.  But you CAN do this.

2012-06-07 8:39 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina

bcraht - 2012-06-07 12:47 AM Ok, Manatees, I'm going to need someone to tell me to settle the eff down.  I have been feeling a bit fatigued this week, didn't do anything yesterday, only my swim today, have been feeling tired too (sleepy I mean).  Possibly doing too much, possibly coming down with something.  Deciding to do the charity HM has been messing with my schedule, and feeling like I have not been getting in enough biking and worrying about the swim and feeling like I SUCK at pacing on the swim and the bike for a HIM distance and I'm 7 weeks out from my HIM...  I can't afford to miss sessions.  Hopefully this is just an anomalous week.  Going away this weekend and didn't really want to pack my bike along (just because it is a bit of a pain in the with the dog crates in the back of the car, hard to open the hatch with the bike carrier, blah blah), but I guess I will be or I will miss another long bike.  Ok, end freak out.

Don't worry in a month or so when taper madness sets in you'll wonder why the heck you wanted a day off...

Rest is more important sometimes than getting the workouts done, nothing wrong in listening to your body.

2012-06-07 10:13 AM
in reply to: #4248667

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
KansasMom - 2012-06-06 7:47 PM

Hooray! I got my box from Sierra Trading today -- Yes. New sun glasses for running races. I'll bet you can guess the color.

PINK!!!!!! I love them.

ETA: Oh, and I almost forgot. There was also a brand new hot pink running skirt. I am sooo excited.

Oh, fun!!!  I'm going to pick out glasses tonight and may end up getting prescription glasses for training.  Fingers crossed that they have cute ones!  Then again, I still would rather get LASIK and the cute pair of pink Oakleys I've had my eye on for awhile.

2012-06-07 10:13 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
I ran this morning!  It's amazing how much more energy I have right now compared to most mornings.

2012-06-07 10:23 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

So I was doing my pre-race maintenance on my trusty steed last night. I lubed the chain and wiped down the bike and moved on to the tires.  The valve cap on the front tire was split, nobody else in the house has presta valves so I'm off to my fave tri shop to get a new cap (do they carry those?) and some Foggle.  When I get there they give me a cap off of a stock bike and also have my FRS in, yay! So I get home "install" my new cap and move to the rear tire. Somehow I managed to bend the valve Yell . By that time the tri store was closed! I really don't want to replace the tube because that one has been in there for months so I know I won't have any pinching issues.  I'm going to check with a LBS (when they open) to see if I can just get a core replacement.  #dontneedthisrightnow

I'll be on my way to MOAB tomorrow so best wishes to those racing this weekend! Go MANATEES!!

2012-06-07 11:59 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Oh, and if you all could track our Kansas racers this weekend in this thread I would really appreciate it.  I won't have access to my computer so if I can follow it in the e-mails that would be bueno!
2012-06-07 12:17 PM
in reply to: #4249703

User image

Seattle
Artemis - 2012-06-07 10:13 AM

PINK!!!!!! I love them.

Oh, fun!!!  I'm going to pick out glasses tonight and may end up getting prescription glasses for training.  Fingers crossed that they have cute ones!  Then again, I still would rather get LASIK and the cute pair of pink Oakleys I've had my eye on for awhile.

I finally caved and bought sunglasses for running. My aviators just weren't cutting it anymore. I actually really hate the sporty-style of sunglasses. Maybe I would like them better if they were pink

2012-06-07 12:20 PM
in reply to: #4249721

User image

Seattle
rrrunner - 2012-06-07 10:23 AM

So I was doing my pre-race maintenance on my trusty steed last night. I lubed the chain and wiped down the bike and moved on to the tires.  The valve cap on the front tire was split, nobody else in the house has presta valves so I'm off to my fave tri shop to get a new cap (do they carry those?) and some Foggle.  When I get there they give me a cap off of a stock bike and also have my FRS in, yay! So I get home "install" my new cap and move to the rear tire. Somehow I managed to bend the valve Yell . By that time the tri store was closed! I really don't want to replace the tube because that one has been in there for months so I know I won't have any pinching issues.  I'm going to check with a LBS (when they open) to see if I can just get a core replacement.  #dontneedthisrightnow

I'll be on my way to MOAB tomorrow so best wishes to those racing this weekend! Go MANATEES!!

Oh no! I have looooong ago lost the caps to both of my tires. Those presta valves are really sensitive. I can't tell you how many times I have broken them clean off while airing up my tires. 

Try not to stress it. Breeeaaathe. Worst comes to worst you just have to replace the tube. No biggie. Just be careful.

2012-06-07 1:05 PM
in reply to: #4249994

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-06-08 12:17 AM

PINK!!!!!! I love them.

I finally caved and bought sunglasses for running. My aviators just weren't cutting it anymore. I actually really hate the sporty-style of sunglasses. Maybe I would like them better if they were pink

This guy seems to be doin' okay with them That's pro Jesse Thomas at Rev3 Quassy. I don't think he wore 'em on the bike, though.

Reminds me of a long-buried memory from Melbourne--I do remember, at some point on the bike, only being able to see out of one eye. I could not open my right eye for anything. I thought maybe I'd been stung by an insect and hadn't felt it because of frozen face.

Turns out my Halo sweatband had somehow gotten squished and rolled over and wedged between the top of my sunglasses and helmet edge, making the top of my sunglasses cram my eyelid down. I couldn't feel any of this 'cause my face was frozen and I'm not sure why I didn't fix it--didn't have my head on straight enough anymore, I think, literally.

(JesseThomas (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
JesseThomas (Small).jpg (78KB - 14 downloads)

2012-06-07 1:12 PM
in reply to: #4250139

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-06-07 1:05 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-06-08 12:17 AM

PINK!!!!!! I love them.

This guy seems to be doin' okay with them That's pro Jesse Thomas at Rev3 Quassy. I don't think he wore 'em on the bike, though.

Reminds me of a long-buried memory from Melbourne--I do remember, at some point on the bike, only being able to see out of one eye. I could not open my right eye for anything. I thought maybe I'd been stung by an insect and hadn't felt it because of frozen face.

Turns out my Halo sweatband had somehow gotten squished and rolled over and wedged between the top of my sunglasses and helmet edge, making the top of my sunglasses cram my eyelid down. I couldn't feel any of this 'cause my face was frozen and I'm not sure why I didn't fix it--didn't have my head on straight enough anymore, I think, literally.

HA! I love it! My good ol' A's have certainly done me well. The problem is my head is incredibly tiny and they slide down my nose. Otherwise, in terms of bringing sexy back..they are IT. 

As the facts and happenings slowly come out (other than getting your boobs signed by Rinny) it becomes more and more clear that stopping was an incredibly good decision (even if it wasn't YOURS.)

2012-06-07 1:19 PM
in reply to: #4249704

User image

Melon Presser

Artemis - 2012-06-07 10:13 PM I ran this morning!  It's amazing how much more energy I have right now compared to most mornings.

Yippee! Glad you ran ... glad you're benefiting afterward, too.

2012-06-07 1:33 PM
in reply to: #4249171

User image

Melon Presser

cdban66 - 2012-06-07 6:23 PM
Settle the eff down. How was that? Kirsten, I looked back at your logs and you are doing the work, woman. An occasional day off to recover ain't so bad, as a matter of fact, it helps recharge. And not just the fatigued body, but the fatigued mind as well. Is it in the plan to miss a workout? Of course not. But little in life is etched in stone, and this is something that most of us do for fun, not for stress. It sounds to me like you may want to take a look at the big picture, at all that you've done so far, take a deep breath and a break from the pressure, get one long night's sleep (if that's possible) and then get back after it with some renewed vigor. Your body and your mind may give you a big thank you.

x2, x3 etc. ... what everyone else said.

Plans are actually made in mind that you will be missing some of the workouts, even a key one.

You'll be fine. You already are.

2012-06-07 1:49 PM
in reply to: #4250214

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-06-07 1:33 PM

Settle the eff down. How was that? Kirsten, I looked back at your logs and you are doing the work, woman. An occasional day off to recover ain't so bad, as a matter of fact, it helps recharge. And not just the fatigued body, but the fatigued mind as well. Is it in the plan to miss a workout? Of course not. But little in life is etched in stone, and this is something that most of us do for fun, not for stress. It sounds to me like you may want to take a look at the big picture, at all that you've done so far, take a deep breath and a break from the pressure, get one long night's sleep (if that's possible) and then get back after it with some renewed vigor. Your body and your mind may give you a big thank you.

Plans are actually made in mind that you will be missing some of the workouts, even a key one.

Yeah, so...you know HTFU? Well, this is a STFD Smile and we ALLLLL need to STFD sometimes. I think it's the triathlete's nature. 

2012-06-07 2:01 PM
in reply to: #4250266

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-06-08 1:49 AM
TriAya - 2012-06-07 1:33 PM

Yeah, so...you know HTFU? Well, this is a STFD Smile and we ALLLLL need to STFD sometimes. I think it's the triathlete's nature. 

SHOOT THE FROG DOWN! SHOOT THE FROG DOWN! YEEEEES!

Oh wait. That's not what it stands for.

HTFU is EZ relative to STFD which is actually HARD. I know, clear as MUD.

It's true, though. And I have truly got to be one of the worst in the world at STFD. When was the last time anybody ever heard me say, "You know, I think I lollygagged too much ... I really should have done more/harder/sooner."

2012-06-07 2:48 PM
in reply to: #4250292

User image

Elite

Drove to the pool last night for squad then drove home - just couldn't do it!  I think I need a whole week off.  Plan is to get back next Wednesday.

We have Monday as a public holiday here for the Queen's birthday!  No exercise planned for the weekend.

I'm still eating madly and I just jumped on the scales coz I was worried I'd gained about 10lbs, no just 2 or 3.  That's easy to fix when I start training again.

Who have we got racing and where and what are their real names or bib numbers please - then we can track accordingly!

2012-06-07 2:56 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Jo, as far as tracking is concerned Claire (#319) and Reece (maybe #460) are racing the Kansas 70.3 this weekend.  Reece's number might change because he switched to relay.  He's supposed to let us know.
2012-06-07 2:57 PM
in reply to: #4250391

User image

Melon Presser
jobaxas - 2012-06-08 2:48 AM

Drove to the pool last night for squad then drove home - just couldn't do it!  I think I need a whole week off.  Plan is to get back next Wednesday.

We have Monday as a public holiday here for the Queen's birthday!  No exercise planned for the weekend.

I'm still eating madly and I just jumped on the scales coz I was worried I'd gained about 10lbs, no just 2 or 3.  That's easy to fix when I start training again.

Who have we got racing and where and what are their real names or bib numbers please - then we can track accordingly!

Morning, Jo!

It's really important to take as much time off as your body dictates and then ease back into it ... not what you THINK it is or a schedule says so.

HAHAHAHA! Please remind me of that often.

2012-06-07 3:24 PM

User image

Seattle
Hey Yanti,  take as much time off as your body dictates..AHEM
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  

of 80