in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by noelle1230
Originally posted by popsracer

Before

Awesome, not bad there Steve!  We'll get that into the core photo album.  By we, I mean Chris will Laughing  What's our guy versus girl pic count?  I think we're down at least two now.

Chris will say the boys are "on top by two"

2013-07-30 1:32 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by popsracer OK, that was a little weird.  I had to send to a coworker to email to me because my old school phone wouldn't let me upload.  I am feeling a little like Anthony Weiner.

It's not like that.  Really.  Don't listen to Salty.

Total aside, I really like your door.  I have a soft spot for five panels.

Thanks. You have a good eye for detail.  Our house was built in 1907 and is very beautiful.  I'm a pretty lucky guy.

2013-07-30 1:34 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by popsracer OK, that was a little weird.  I had to send to a coworker to email to me because my old school phone wouldn't let me upload.  I am feeling a little like Anthony Weiner.

:)

Thanks. You have a good eye for detail.  Our house was built in 1907 and is very beautiful.  I'm a pretty lucky guy.

That's about the best year for houses ever.  I love old homes with a passion that knows no bounds.  Real weakness. 

You are a lucky guy:)

2013-07-30 10:42 PM

Pretty sure I'm still in it. I have been doing a good 24 minute core routine almost daily.
Also, I've decided that throwing my kids and their friends around in the community pool counts as ab work.

The best workout last week was doing yoga with my 5 yr old daughter.
She actually begs me to do yoga with her.
The best part is when she twists her body all up and asks "what's this pose called daddy?"
They do some at her school and give the poses really cool kid friendly names.

Lost the camera in the mix during the big move. It's around here somewhere.
I'll get a pic in soon I promise.
2013-07-31 7:34 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Before

Awesome, not bad there Steve!  We'll get that into the core photo album.  By we, I mean Chris will Laughing  What's our guy versus girl pic count?  I think we're down at least two now.

Chris will say the boys are "on top by two"

Top, bottom, who is counting? Yeah, we are, dudes on top!

Thanks Steve, keep up the strong work.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Albums/217316

2013-07-31 10:25 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master

What??? Awwww man, more boys?!?!?!? 

I'm torn between a happy dance and my competitive nature. Wink

2013-07-31 10:26 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

We may need to do some active recruiting...
2013-07-31 10:31 AM

User image

Master

Last couple of nights have made me sore:

Monday-

1min stretch
3x-
1min Russian twists 7lbs, 1:15 plank, 20 lay-out sit ups 7lbs, 20 squats

c/d stretch

Tuesday-

1min stretch
3x-
20 stab ball crunches, 20 cross mtn climbers, 1min torso twist 6lbs, 10R/10L side plank w/leg raise, 1min revolved abs

c/d stretch

2013-07-31 10:44 AM

User image

Master

A "Calling All Ladies" campaign?  We'll use some of the guy's pics to draw them in. Gotta make this work in our favor somehow! LOL

2013-07-31 12:05 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
I'm keeping up while on vacation. Knocked out 12 minutes earlier this morning in a grassy patch along the boardwalk in Grand Haven.
2013-07-31 12:05 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Couple of questions.

How far do you lift your head when doing crunches?

How much do you mix up your daily routine?

2013-07-31 12:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Ft Campbell, Kentucky
I just keep my head and neck on the same plane as my torso. I try not to "pull" my head when doing situps or crunches, will be a real pain in the neck if I do.

For variation, I keep adding time and/or reps to what I do each week. For my last set up situps, I add a new part to them. First was good form completely thru, then adding Rocky twists at the top of each one, next will be the side to side touching ankles with hands when I come down.

I am working on a ultimate situp exercise!

User image

Regular
LHOTP

A "Calling All Ladies" campaign?  We'll use some of the guy's pics to draw them in. Gotta make this work in our favor somehow! LOL

maybe I'll post a call in the tri forum? Anybody with an ST account? You could put a call I'm the Womens over there, may draw a couple...

User image

Master
Originally posted by cdban66

I am sure my doc would say it is fine.  Sometimes it just feels kind of weird.  All of those muscles were sliced open and at the time I do not think they were too concerned about my ability to do a plank when they sewed me back together.  It was a very nasty, aggressive soft tissue cancer that was in my lower abdomen, around my kidney, and large intenstine.  They actually opened me back up seven days after my first surgery to get better margins after the grim pathology reports.  My survival rate was not good but by the grace of God I'm doing things (like still living) that are somewhat miraculous.

You can see from logs what I've been up to.  Not huge volumes but I try to be consistent.  Since my surgeries, radiation, and chemo I've done 5 marathons, 2 IM's, 3 HIM's, a few Oly's and dozens of 5k's, 10k's, HM's.  I am actually faster than I was four years ago.  I'm doing an HM next weekend, and my first ultra, a 12 hour race, in a couple of weeks.  Next month I'll do an HIM and should crush my PR.

Wow, I had no idea. There are so many people on this board with inspirational stories to share. I am really impressed, and more so after a quick glance at your logs.  Strong work on your part, welcome to the tomfoolery, Steve!

x2!  Welcome Pops.  I got a lot of good info from you in the HIM thread before my first last summer, glad you are here to join us!

2013-07-31 12:20 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Ok, I am back from vaca, and waaaaaay behind.  The good news?  I didn't gain any weight, despite all the beer, stroopwaffles, and chocolate Surprised.  I'll be getting back on the wagon tonight.
2013-07-31 12:22 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Couple of questions.

I mix it up quite a bit, but I do crunches everyday, varying reps, sets and rest intervals. Even time of day makes a difference or feels like it does. I also rarely do the whole 10 minutes at once, but will break into 2-3 intervals throughout the day. I try to make sure I'm very focused, and my form isn't sufferting. If it is, I stop and come back to it later. There are a bunch of good exercises, descriptions and links throughout this thread, but especially earlier in the thread, before all the azz talk; )

2013-07-31 12:26 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by bcraht
Originally posted by cdban66

I am sure my doc would say it is fine.  Sometimes it just feels kind of weird.  All of those muscles were sliced open and at the time I do not think they were too concerned about my ability to do a plank when they sewed me back together.  It was a very nasty, aggressive soft tissue cancer that was in my lower abdomen, around my kidney, and large intenstine.  They actually opened me back up seven days after my first surgery to get better margins after the grim pathology reports.  My survival rate was not good but by the grace of God I'm doing things (like still living) that are somewhat miraculous.

You can see from logs what I've been up to.  Not huge volumes but I try to be consistent.  Since my surgeries, radiation, and chemo I've done 5 marathons, 2 IM's, 3 HIM's, a few Oly's and dozens of 5k's, 10k's, HM's.  I am actually faster than I was four years ago.  I'm doing an HM next weekend, and my first ultra, a 12 hour race, in a couple of weeks.  Next month I'll do an HIM and should crush my PR.

Wow, I had no idea. There are so many people on this board with inspirational stories to share. I am really impressed, and more so after a quick glance at your logs.  Strong work on your part, welcome to the tomfoolery, Steve!

x2!  Welcome Pops.  I got a lot of good info from you in the HIM thread before my first last summer, glad you are here to join us!

Thanks.  It's good to be here though my tummy hurts this morning.  Hope your summer is going well. 

I'll be up in BC next weekend for the Seawheeze HM in Vancouver.  Should be a blast.

2013-07-31 12:30 PM

User image

Seattle

1. True. Don't ever listen to me. But pops knows this as we have met in person Smile

2. I had some extremely extensive surgeries as well, but they were a long time ago. Nearly sliced me in half. My brother used to tell me that my dad accidentally chainsawed me in half and mom sewed me up with her machine. Anyway, I have also always had that fear of my scar splitting or something crazy and irrational. While that hasn't happened YET, it is a little more difficult to build up the abs. 

2013-07-31 12:31 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Couple of questions.

I mix it up quite a bit, but I do crunches everyday, varying reps, sets and rest intervals. Even time of day makes a difference or feels like it does. I also rarely do the whole 10 minutes at once, but will break into 2-3 intervals throughout the day. I try to make sure I'm very focused, and my form isn't sufferting. If it is, I stop and come back to it later. There are a bunch of good exercises, descriptions and links throughout this thread, but especially earlier in the thread, before all the azz talk; )

Great.  Thanks.  I think I need to try some different stuff for a while until I settle into more of a routine.

Just saw your HIM pics.  Wow!! Pretty awesome.  I lurk over there too.Innocent

2013-07-31 12:51 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Couple of questions.

Great.  Thanks.  I think I need to try some different stuff for a while until I settle into more of a routine.

You're very kind. I am gonna have to post a real pic at some point... race pics are really quite awful, but Chris and Noelle set me up to look like a coward if I didn't offer something (yeah, that's right you two--big, mean bullies!).
2013-07-31 12:53 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

:)

1. True. Don't ever listen to me. But pops knows this as we have met in person Smile

2. I had some extremely extensive surgeries as well, but they were a long time ago. Nearly sliced me in half. My brother used to tell me that my dad accidentally chainsawed me in half and mom sewed me up with her machine. Anyway, I have also always had that fear of my scar splitting or something crazy and irrational. While that hasn't happened YET, it is a little more difficult to build up the abs. 

You too sweetness? Dang :/

2013-07-31 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Couple of questions.

You're very kind. I am gonna have to post a real pic at some point... race pics are really quite awful, but Chris and Noelle set me up to look like a coward if I didn't offer something (yeah, that's right you two--big, mean bullies!).

Oh yes, you poor thing....and the flood of compliments that followed??  You're welcome!! 

Ha...I posted a pic in the girls of BT thread a few weeks ago and no one commented on it for days until my buddy Chris threw me a bone Laughing

2013-07-31 1:08 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Couple of questions.

Oh yes, you poor thing....and the flood of compliments that followed??  You're welcome!! 

Ha...I posted a pic in the girls of BT thread a few weeks ago and no one commented on it for days until my buddy Chris threw me a bone Laughing

lol... it's easier for people to comment on race pics cause they're, well, race pics. Tri related. I look at all the guys pics, but I don't comment unless they're sports related, and even then I try to be, uh, conservative when I comment because I don't want it to be misconstrued. Your pic was way hot honey, maybe too hot. I think people worry about how comments may come across. I know I do :)
2013-07-31 5:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Couple of questions.

I call BS on this. People did comment, and I did not throw you anything!

Pops, in answer to your question, right now I am using the xfinity On Demand stuff and doing yoga stuff. I pulled something in my back when I crashed and I'm taking it easy for a few weeks. Still doing something, but keeping it light and easy with more stretching than strength.

BTW, I call BS on the big, mean, bully comment from (s)witch as well.  We know who the bully is. Wink

Edited by cdban66 2013-07-31 5:26 PM
2013-07-31 9:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Checking in for Monday and today.

Did Insanity cardio abs yesterday, it went a little something like this...

17 minutes total

Idea here is that you concentrate on holding abs in tight during all of the following exercises
Jog in place
High Knees with arms above head
High knees with twist (bring elbow down to opposite knee)
Jump rope (rotate your hands like you are jumping rode while jumping)
Tuck jumps
Wide tuck jumps (bring elbows down to meet knees when you tuck jump)

C-Sit twists (sit on floor, back about 45 deg off floor hold abs in tight and twist upper body side to side)

C-Sit twists with knee lift (same as above but you bring opposite knee p to meet your elbow as you twist)

A frame abs (same sit position but you form an A with your arms and bring side to side, up over your head as you pass in front of your body)

A frame abs with knee raise (same as above but you alternately bring your knee up in between your arms as you come down)

Sit in 45 degree position and just hold

Knee tuck lift (sit on floor with legs out in front of you, lift one leg off the floor, bring knee into chest, go back straight, keep leg straight and raise up 45 deg off floor, repeat. do for 30 sec then change legs

Same as above but with both legs

Spiderman side leg in top of pushup position

Same thing as above but faster with jump when you switch legs

Spiderman side leg in plank position

Plank to pushup hold with pelvic flex (this was kind on strange, felt a little dirty)

There was rest periods and such in between exercises. Total time was 17 minutes. Did 3 minute of plank to get to 20 minutes.

Some stuff was hard. Not to bad, i guess.

Today:
1 min each

Plank to pushup hold with side leg extension (Start in plank position go up to pushup position leading with right hand, go back down come up on left, go back down, lift left leg slightly on floor swing out about 30 degrees (2 times), swing right leg out two times. Repeat for 1 min

V-Abs

Superman (get in pushup position lift right arm out in front and left leg up, balance, switch)

Mountain Climber Push up combo (get in pushup position bring left leg in toward your chin, then your right, then take left leg out toward your right elbow, then right leg out toward your left elbow, then do a pushup) repeat for one minute

Did 5 sets for a total of 20 minutes.

Did this workout in my hotel room, I was breathing pretty heavy and grunting during this workout. Probably sounded pretty odd from the hallway......

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10580 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.