BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 91

2012-11-14 11:31 AM
in reply to: #4458563

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED

Have you all started (or finished) race planning for 2013? 

I was totally planning on running the rock 'n' roll Seattle in June but realized I won't have recovered from Boston and ramped training back up by then. So, I'm thinking about holding a really solid base (with lots of elevation/trail runs etc.) maybe running  the half in June instead (also a tri or two maybe?) Climbing Rainier in July-ish then a fall marathon? Maybe Chicago? NY? Maybe something local? Ugh ... I dunno. I might want to run either of those once I am a little more competitive? Maybe not. 

Just thinking aloud. But feel free to chime in Smile

2012-11-14 11:56 AM

Master
, California
Tahoe is the only thing on my plate.  Can't wait till I'm cleared to ride outside again.
2012-11-14 12:17 PM

User image

Melon Presser

OMG I just came back from a night out (an event my sister threw, of course) with another one of her famous friends ... this one I actually know (I'm the one who thought Fatboy Slim was one of her weird DJ friends who just came to play for her parties ... )

SO! MUCH! FUN! PIGLET!

Also, I'm counting stomping around on the dance floor for nearly a couple hours (in 5" half-boots, no less) as a run ...

His name's Omar. He's also a British artist. Damn he put on a good show. Delicious! He was showing me pics of his twin daughters 'n' stuff before he went on to play. Where can I get me one of those? (Him, not his twin daughters.)

2012-11-14 12:33 PM
in reply to: #4498147

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-11-14 12:17 PM

OMG I just came back from a night out (an event my sister threw, of course) with another one of her famous friends ... this one I actually know (I'm the one who thought Fatboy Slim was one of her weird DJ friends who just came to play for her parties ... )

SO! MUCH! FUN! PIGLET!

Also, I'm counting stomping around on the dance floor for nearly a couple hours (in 5" half-boots, no less) as a run ...

His name's Omar. He's also a British artist. Damn he put on a good show. Delicious! He was showing me pics of his twin daughters 'n' stuff before he went on to play. Where can I get me one of those? (Him, not his twin daughters.)

I'm always tempted to log a night out, too. For some reason I am always significantly more sore doing that than my regular training.

I think you can get one of those just about anywhere. Why didn't you ask him?????

Also, his twin daughters must be well under age. Otherwise your comment makes no sense to me. 

2012-11-14 12:40 PM
in reply to: #4498166

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-11-15 1:33 AM

SO! MUCH! FUN! PIGLET!

I'm always tempted to log a night out, too. For some reason I am always significantly more sore doing that than my regular training.

I think you can get one of those just about anywhere. Why didn't you ask him?????

Also, his twin daughters must be well under age. Otherwise your comment makes no sense to me. 

Yeah, they're 9 really cute!

My quads and calves are killing me and I'm sure it's gonna be worse tomorrow. I've seen pics of you dancing and it looks kinda like what I do dancing ...

I would've asked him but ... uh ... I figure I'll let my sister pimp for me since I'm pimpin' to give her stripper piglets.

I got out of the pimpin' biz a while ago but now there's a huge demand for exotic male dancers (of many varieties) so I'm back in. I just submitted a drop-down list of my personal piglets and some choice ex-piglets to my sister with specs and links, of course.

2012-11-14 12:45 PM

User image

Melon Presser
Dang. I always settle down with BT around just before midnight to 1am or so ... and I last about an hour before I'm ready to pass out. This mega training thing, it sure makes you randomly pass out. Kinda like drinking a lot, but even more fun. Sorta

2012-11-14 12:47 PM
in reply to: #4498182

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-11-14 12:40 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-11-15 1:33 AM

SO! MUCH! FUN! PIGLET!

Yeah, they're 9 really cute!

My quads and calves are killing me and I'm sure it's gonna be worse tomorrow. I've seen pics of you dancing and it looks kinda like what I do dancing ...

I would've asked him but ... uh ... I figure I'll let my sister pimp for me since I'm pimpin' to give her stripper piglets.

I got out of the pimpin' biz a while ago but now there's a huge demand for exotic male dancers (of many varieties) so I'm back in. I just submitted a drop-down list of my personal piglets and some choice ex-piglets to my sister with specs and links, of course.

A pimp for a pimp. You sound very thorough. I'm sure your sister appreciates that! 

I went to a male "exotic" club exactly one time in my life (I'm not counting a regular night out at the gay club, that's different) and it was, other than our group, completely empty. The guy on the stage was in a feathered headdress and set his d*** on fire, then we left. Shrugs. I guess the market has picked up.

Sorry, am I aloud to even say any of this here? Wrong thread?

2012-11-14 12:53 PM
in reply to: #4498077

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-11-15 12:31 AM

I was totally planning on running the rock 'n' roll Seattle in June but realized I won't have recovered from Boston and ramped training back up by then. So, I'm thinking about holding a really solid base (with lots of elevation/trail runs etc.) maybe running  the half in June instead (also a tri or two maybe?) Climbing Rainier in July-ish then a fall marathon? Maybe Chicago? NY? Maybe something local? Ugh ... I dunno. I might want to run either of those once I am a little more competitive? Maybe not. 

Ask Spiglet.

Me? Hmmm ... if I survive

Dec. 2012 - IMWA

January 2013 (late) - Yangon (Myanmar) Marathon (more realistically 10k)

March - IMNZ (wobbly maybe)

April - Laguna Lang Co (Vietnam), somewhere between Oly and 2x Oly distance

May 12 - Koeln (Cologne, Germany) either the 12K lake swim (in a wetsuit!) or their 4km/20km aquathlon

May 31 - (or whatever very end of May) the Poznan Triathlon (Oly-ish) in Poland

June 24 - Bali International Triathlon

July 8 - Bali 10K Ocean Swim

2012-11-14 12:55 PM
in reply to: #4498198

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-11-14 12:53 PM

Ask Spiglet.

Dec. 2012 - IMWA

May 12 - Koeln (Cologne, Germany) either the 12K lake swim (in a wetsuit!) or their 4km/20km aquathlon

Yaaaay some non IM stuff!!! Cool, 12K swim!

2012-11-14 12:56 PM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 12:31 PM

I really want to do the Shamrock Marathon in March and maybe the Champaign, IL marathon in April with a friend.  After that, not a clue.  May end up moving/getting a new job.  Who knows?

2012-11-14 12:59 PM
in reply to: #4498203

User image

Seattle
Artemis - 2012-11-14 12:56 PM

I really want to do the Shamrock Marathon in March and maybe the Champaign, IL marathon in April with a friend.  After that, not a clue.  May end up moving/getting a new job.  Who knows?

Woah, 2 marathons in two months?

2012-11-14 12:59 PM
in reply to: #4498203

User image

Seattle
x

Edited by Asalzwed 2012-11-14 12:59 PM
2012-11-14 1:03 PM
in reply to: #4498205

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 1:59 PM
Artemis - 2012-11-14 12:56 PM

Woah, 2 marathons in two months?

The second will be much slower.  I figure I'll already be trained and she doesn't really care about her time.  It's about 6 weeks between.

2012-11-14 3:53 PM
in reply to: #4498198

User image

Elite
TriAya - 2012-11-15 5:53 AM

Ask Spiglet.

Dec. 2012 - IMWA

Firstly apologies I will not make it to WA to watch and cheer you on - geez Busselton is a pain in the azz to get to!  Anyway that weekend it's just too hard family stuff etc.  So sorry i really wanted to.Cry

Now June 24th, not sure when I'm heading overseas if I've not gone I'd love to come and do that tri with you.  If not I'm def in for the year after.

2012-11-14 4:02 PM

User image

Elite

My 'race' calendar (I use that term very loosely, I turn up and do it, I DO NOT RACE)

25 November 2012     Sprint or Mini Tri - first one of the season....haven't decided.  Closes today!

20 January     2013     Auckland 70.3

24 March        2013     IM Melbourne!!!!

2 June            2013     Cairns 70.3

Who knows what else between now and March - may try and fit in an Oly in Feb.  A couple of sprints and some OWS meets.

I'm training hard people - punishing hour and a half Macca set last night on the drainer.  Then up at 4.30 this morning for Sportoga.  I am tired.....squad tonight....I am tired.

2012-11-14 4:46 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 10:31 AM

The only race I have set for sure is Oceanside. I will probably do the Tri for the Cure in August that I do with my SIL. I would also like to do a Rock N Roll HM, maybe Denver or Phoenix, or Vegas. Other than that it's up in the air.  I'll probably pick an OLY or two and fill in with sprints as they appeal to me.

So swim coach Jason is trying to drown me. Last Friday he had us kicking on our back with our hands straight up in the air in front of our face holding a pool buoy. WTH? It was all I could do to keep my face above water! Today we did it with one arm in the air, rotating from our back to our side with the arm staying up in the air. This was easier than Friday but I still don't get the purpose. What in the world is that all about?

2012-11-14 5:05 PM
in reply to: #4498519

User image

Elite
rrrunner - 2012-11-15 9:46 AM

The only race I have set for sure is Oceanside. I will probably do the Tri for the Cure in August that I do with my SIL. I would also like to do a Rock N Roll HM, maybe Denver or Phoenix, or Vegas. Other than that it's up in the air.  I'll probably pick an OLY or two and fill in with sprints as they appeal to me.

So swim coach Jason is trying to drown me. Last Friday he had us kicking on our back with our hands straight up in the air in front of our face holding a pool buoy. WTH? It was all I could do to keep my face above water! Today we did it with one arm in the air, rotating from our back to our side with the arm staying up in the air. This was easier than Friday but I still don't get the purpose. What in the world is that all about?

I would suggest it's to give you a core workout, to ensure you are maximising your core muscles to stay afloat and then when you use your stroke it's purely for propulsion..maybe?!!!  Yanti is far better qualified for this one.

We do insane drills like this all the time - I'm remarkably good at all the drills, it's normal swimming that foils me!

I'm thinking of doing IM with Left Arm only - so good at that!

2012-11-14 5:24 PM
in reply to: #4498540

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
jobaxas - 2012-11-14 4:05 PM
rrrunner - 2012-11-15 9:46 AM

I would suggest it's to give you a core workout, to ensure you are maximising your core muscles to stay afloat and then when you use your stroke it's purely for propulsion..maybe?!!!  Yanti is far better qualified for this one.

We do insane drills like this all the time - I'm remarkably good at all the drills, it's normal swimming that foils me!

I'm thinking of doing IM with Left Arm only - so good at that!

That's funny! My biggest problem with the one-arm drills is that my kick is useless, so if I'm not pulling I'm not moving, so the one arm drills take me FOREVER to get across the pool.

We also did the "triple-zipper-drill" which made me realize that I tend to get lazy with getting my left side up.

Edited by rrrunner 2012-11-14 5:26 PM
2012-11-14 5:29 PM
in reply to: #4498519

User image

Seattle
rrrunner - 2012-11-14 4:46 PM

My friend said R'n'R Vegas was a cluster-fudge last year. Due to all the complaints I'll bet it's going to be the smoothest running race ever this year, haha. I've done a couple of their events (Both Seattle and Portland half) and they were nicely run. Kind of a typical large scale race. Maybe you should do SEATTLE this summer!!! SmileSmileSmile

Why don't you ask your coach about the drills? I think that's the most important part about having a coach is asking them what a drill or workout is specifically supposed to be doing for you or what the goal is. 

2012-11-14 5:33 PM
in reply to: #4498566

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 4:29 PM

My friend said R'n'R Vegas was a cluster-fudge last year. Due to all the complaints I'll bet it's going to be the smoothest running race ever this year, haha. I've done a couple of their events (Both Seattle and Portland half) and they were nicely run. Kind of a typical large scale race. Maybe you should do SEATTLE this summer!!! SmileSmileSmile

Why don't you ask your coach about the drills? I think that's the most important part about having a coach is asking them what a drill or workout is specifically supposed to be doing for you or what the goal is. 

Good point. Most of the drills I understand the purpose because I've done them before, or at least read about them.  This one was completely new to me tho.

2012-11-14 5:43 PM
in reply to: #4498571

User image

Seattle
rrrunner - 2012-11-14 5:33 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 4:29 PM

Good point. Most of the drills I understand the purpose because I've done them before, or at least read about them.  This one was completely new to me tho.

He could also be trying to drown you. That's what it sounds like IMO Smile

2012-11-14 6:45 PM
in reply to: #4498566

User image

Master
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 3:29 PM

I am forever asking my coach why I am doing a drill.  If I don't understand it, I won't do it correctly!  It helps me to know what I should be focusing on during the drill.  Sometimes the focus is on not drowning.... Surprised

2012-11-14 6:52 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Asalzwed - 2012-11-14 11:31 AM

I have no real plan for next year, but that is normal. I had some thought of doing the off road HM I did last February or maybe the ft lauderdale marathon, but since I'm not able to run right now, those are probably out.As far as triathlons go, I think I'll probably do the nautical south beach sprin in April and then we'll see.
2012-11-14 7:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

oh, me too, me too! My race calendar for 2013

February 10--Escape from Folsom Prison 10 mile run (yup only doing it to say I escaped from Folsom Prison)

April 21--Spartan Beast Norcal Maybe I'll do it both days--1 as a volunteer 1 as me.

May 18--Tough and Dirty 5k Obstacle/mud run

May 19--Auburn Olympic Triathlon (3rd year, 3rd distance--and $30 off the price woohoo!)

June 9--Folsom Olympic Triathlon

September 9(?)---Women's Triathlon Festival (Sprint)

October 27 (or 28?) --Merrell Down and Dirty 10k Mud/Obstacle Run

Also, I might go for the Spartan Trifecta--Super Spartan in Temecula and the Spartan Sprint in either Malibu or Seattle....We shall see...

2012-11-14 7:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
hah...Always late to the party...Maybe I should have read the latest page before I posted...eesh. Sorry to hijack the conversation, now back to the thread.Foot in mouth
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 91