General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 57

2013-06-20 3:27 PM
in reply to: spie34

User image

Veteran
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Subject: RE: Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread
I'm at the expo, soggy mess - anyone else down here?

2013-06-20 3:28 PM
in reply to: PrivateIdaho

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by PrivateIdaho

I'm at the expo, soggy mess - anyone else down here?

Stuck at work! I was just talking with some coworkers and it reminded me, last year during the athlete's meeting, it was raining so hard that water was pouring over my feet in the tent.
2013-06-20 4:28 PM

User image

Rose Lake, Idaho
Just left......soggy is right.
2013-06-20 6:16 PM
in reply to: MRGIBBS

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids
Since it is raining I decided to drive the bike course today. I was trying to remember where the no passing zones were. Does anyone remember what page of this thread discussed it?
2013-06-20 6:26 PM
in reply to: MRGIBBS

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Can't go today, but I'll be there Friday around 11:30 to check in. Thanks for the address. That helps a lot. Can anyone buy a U of I Vandals jersey? I tried last year to get some vandals gear in Boise, but the store was always closed when I went. I did manage to get some Boise state stuff though and the kids loved it. I thought this year I'd try to get some again for the kids.
Took the kids over to sky high in Spokane and they loved it. Anyone with kids here should think about it. They can have a great time and I just sat and read. We might go back Saturday since I don't want to do anything major Saturday except get the bike checked in, relax, eat, and sleep.

Any suggestions for parking for family coming over to watch the race later in the day Sunday?
2013-06-20 8:03 PM
in reply to: OnYourLeft

User image

Spokane
Originally posted by OnYourLeft

Since it is raining I decided to drive the bike course today. I was trying to remember where the no passing zones were. Does anyone remember what page of this thread discussed it?

Yeah it was a big mud hole at the convention today

No passings zones are going down MICA hill, and going across the bridge when you are first entering/ and just about to exiting the hwy

2013-06-20 11:14 PM
in reply to: dkahns51

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids
Originally posted by dkahns51

Yeah it was a big mud hole at the convention today

No passings zones are going down MICA hill, and going across the bridge when you are first entering/ and just about to exiting the hwy

Thanks for the info. I was hoping it wasn't coming down the MICA hill but I figured it was because it goes down to one lane there. Hopefully it doesn't slow me down too much. Does the no passing zone affect the pros on their second lap? I can't imagine the pros being restricted like that.
2013-06-21 12:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Originally posted by OnYourLeft Since it is raining I decided to drive the bike course today. I was trying to remember where the no passing zones were. Does anyone remember what page of this thread discussed it?
Yeah it was a big mud hole at the convention today No passings zones are going down MICA hill, and going across the bridge when you are first entering/ and just about to exiting the hwy
Thanks for the info. I was hoping it wasn't coming down the MICA hill but I figured it was because it goes down to one lane there. Hopefully it doesn't slow me down too much. Does the no passing zone affect the pros on their second lap? I can't imagine the pros being restricted like that.
I know somebody that was standing there when Chris Lieto was chewing out Mike Reilly (of all people) about that no passing zone last year - I hear he was not a happy camper.

Edited by PrivateIdaho 2013-06-21 12:29 AM
2013-06-21 1:17 AM

User image

Expert
Coeur D'alene, ID
Forgot...I'll be in a blue Ford extended cab pickup at the baseball field tomorrow at 1:00pm.  Hope you're all staying dry.
2013-06-21 9:00 AM

User image

Expert
Broomfield, CO
Way to long of a thread to read again...

Where is the best place to get in the water this morning for a short swim?

Also, is it bad form to wear an IMCDA race kit on race day? I bought one yesterday and love it, I'm actually thinking about wearing it. That goes against my rules of wearing race logo wear before doing the race. Just looking for some thoughts...

Edited by bradaskins 2013-06-21 9:03 AM
2013-06-21 9:12 AM
in reply to: bradaskins

User image

Hugo, MN
Wear whatever makes you comfortable! It make break "the rules", but what does it matter. Enjoy yourself and take in the fabulous race course and community.

2013-06-21 9:25 AM
in reply to: silentcs42

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids
IM Boulder just announced today. I wonder how long it will take to sell out. I'm hoping to get in.
2013-06-21 9:42 AM
in reply to: OnYourLeft

User image

Expert
Broomfield, CO
With the amount of Triathletes in the greater Denver/Boulder area, including me, it's going to sell out quickly.

I'm going to be signing up as it is a local race for me.
2013-06-21 10:47 AM
in reply to: bradaskins

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. Enjoy your day! Hope its a great one for all.
2013-06-21 2:29 PM
in reply to: kmac1346

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
I am parked across the street and maybe half a block down but will be in the parking lot on foot waiting at 1.
2013-06-22 12:00 AM
in reply to: smithe68

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Great drive today. Thanks everyone who made it. I needed the tour of the bike course with you guys. I'm packing the bike and run bags right now, but I wonder if I want to eat a sandwich on the bike how do I pack that? I'm going to change up things a little and wear just my bibs under my wetsuit and then put on my full zip cycle jersey and arm sleeves after the swim. I know this isn't ideal, but I think it will let me get to my nutrition a lot easier. I feel like the tri jersey will work good for the run. I'll switch in T2. I wish I had a few more rides in my tri jersey, but weather in Michigan didn't let that happen. I hate to wear two jerseys on the bike so I think this is the only option for comfort for me.
Going over at 10am to drop of the bike and gear bags.
Good luck everyone and have a safe race.
Chris

2013-06-22 12:11 AM
in reply to: maverickbassets

User image

Regular
Originally posted by maverickbassets

Great drive today. Thanks everyone who made it. I needed the tour of the bike course with you guys. I'm packing the bike and run bags right now, but I wonder if I want to eat a sandwich on the bike how do I pack that? I'm going to change up things a little and wear just my bibs under my wetsuit and then put on my full zip cycle jersey and arm sleeves after the swim. I know this isn't ideal, but I think it will let me get to my nutrition a lot easier. I feel like the tri jersey will work good for the run. I'll switch in T2. I wish I had a few more rides in my tri jersey, but weather in Michigan didn't let that happen. I hate to wear two jerseys on the bike so I think this is the only option for comfort for me.
Chris

Dude, get some zip lock bags, duct tape and duct tape your pb&j sandwiches to each of your shifters so you will remember to eat them because you will be cussing everytime you have to shift.
2013-06-22 6:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member
Does anyone know where the best place to park is on Race morning (it will be just me) is parking where the banquet was too far away?
2013-06-22 8:04 AM
in reply to: aintaround

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
That was where I told my wife to park.
2013-06-22 8:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Originally posted by spie34

Originally posted by maverickbassets

Chris

Dude, get some zip lock bags, duct tape and duct tape your pb&j sandwiches to each of your shifters so you will remember to eat them because you will be cussing everytime you have to shift.

I just about spit my water on the computer for that one. Here I imagine going up a big hill with this floppy sandwich on my shifters.......

On a side note I wonder if I should wear my bike jersey under my wetsuit. Don't we have to have our torso covered at all times?
2013-06-22 8:22 AM

User image

Spokane
Yeah they said something about having the torso covered at all times. Guess i can't run in my sports bra.. drats.

UNO MAS UNO MAS UNO MAS!

ohh and i will probably park at the skatepark/baseball field

Also question: Do we just bring bike and run bags to the park today? Then tomorrow we bring morning clothes/special needs?

Edited by dkahns51 2013-06-22 8:23 AM

2013-06-22 8:50 AM
in reply to: dkahns51

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Yeah they said something about having the torso covered at all times. Guess i can't run in my sports bra.. drats.

UNO MAS UNO MAS UNO MAS!

ohh and i will probably park at the skatepark/baseball field

Also question: Do we just bring bike and run bags to the park today? Then tomorrow we bring morning clothes/special needs?

Yes, you bring bike, bike bag and run bag today. Tomorrow the other 3.
2013-06-22 9:19 AM
in reply to: smithe68

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Busy day yesterday - drove in from Seattle in the morning, was here before check-in opened. Got my stuff, had lunch, checked into the hotel and rode my bike on the run course.

The local weather report just said to expect some rain by the evening hours. Sunny bike and maybe a little rain (certainly some clouds) on the run.. Totally fine with me.
2013-06-22 9:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI

Edited by maverickbassets 2013-06-22 9:26 AM
2013-06-22 9:26 AM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
I wonder. Do I have to put my helmet, bike shoes, and sunglasses in the bike bag? I usually put them next to or on my bike. Even in the 70.3's I've done we didn't have to bag everything.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 57