BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dream Chaser's 'Set a Goal and Capture it!' Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2011-12-14 5:32 AM
in reply to: #3258141

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Dream Chaser's 'Set a Goal and Capture it!' Mentor Group - CLOSED

I'm in for sure, one way or another, even if for the time being it's just being part of the cheering section.  Cool

2011-12-14 5:42 AM
in reply to: #3932292

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Sammeg - 2011-12-09 9:39 AM
kimmax - 2011-12-09 9:16 AM
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-09 8:29 AM

Great Post, Rene.  Thanks!  I think many of us on this site can relate to these lessons, and this is why we do triathlon - to live life to the fullest!! 

Over the years, I've listened to quite a few men express their greatest regret was not spending enough time with their children during the early years.  This was my sole reason for not accepting a management position in my current company three years ago.  It was career-suicide turning down a promotion, but it allows me to work from home and put my children on and off the bus every day, attend all of their school functions, and spend lots of time with them.  It also allows me to train triathlon while they are at school!!  Otherwise, if I had accepted that position, I would be gone from 7AM in the morning till 8PM everynight.  I make a lot less money, and my kids do drive me crazzzzy; but when I am old and grey, the money won't matter and I'll have many treasured memories that are priceless.  

Totally agree with all of the post.  Funny because I made different choices than Bobby but for the same reason.  I used to be self employed which meant a lot of evening and weekend work (no I wasn't a hooker!) which was fine when my daughter was little - I could just keep her home if I needed a Mommy&Miya day but as she got older she started complaining that I was never around and I couldn't keep her home as much so... I got a full time 8-5 job with benefits so that I wouldn't have to work evening and weekends.  I feel as though I work way more hours for less pay but the quality time we have with one another is fantastic so no regrets.  One day she won't need me as much and I can do whatever I want but I'm happy that day isn't for a while to come. 

It's a balance - there were times when I resented the triathlon training because while I loved it - I felt guilty when away from the family.  I think it's about letting the little things go so you can enjoy the other.  So ya - that load of laundry can wait to be folded another 1/2 hour so I can read with her or play a game.

Life is short people!!!  Gotta make it count!

Funny, seems we're all of like mind. As a result of 9/11 my wife lost her job as a Marketing Director. My girls were just babies so we made the decision that we would take the significant financial hit and she would stay home with them. Best decision we ever made. I have alot of responsibility and pressure in my job but I also get a buttload of time off that allows me to be at all my kids things. I don't believe I've missed even one event they've had in soccer/basketball/swimming. We're VERY fortunate.

I've been converting all my miniDV tapes to AVI's the last coupla weeks and in watching them I realized how much we did with them which really makes me feel good. Whenever they ask me to do something with them at a time that's inconvenient I tell myself this: A day will come when they will no longer ask me to do these things and I will wish they still did. Then I happily spend as much time as I can with them.

No second chances.

Agree with everything said above.  About two and a half years ago, I convinced my wife to up and quit her high-stress job.  Just flat-out quit; we'll figure out the money.  She finally did and got to spend almost two months with our then 7YO daugther, and it was just priceless.  And she wound up getting a job at a local university within two months which has great benefits, work atmosphere, and in the long run will probably provide more a better financial situation.

I've had the opportunity to take different positions with our company that would have involved us moving to Atlanta or Northern Jersey, and I've turned them down.  I get to work out of the house when I'm not traveling, so I usually get to pick her up and drop her off for school, Girl Scouts, soccer/lacrosse/sport-of-the-month practice, etc.  It also allowed me to get most of my pre-injury (ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) workouts in a lunchtime so it didn't affect family time.

I was a workaholic once, and though it paid many dividends career-wise at the time, it's certainly no way to live. 

2011-12-18 9:14 AM

User image

Good stuff, Mike.  How cool is that - your wife quits the high stress job flat-out and ends up with a lower stress, more secure job.  That's great-great stuff. 

It's funny how everone who ended up forming this group is so much alike.    We were meant to be "group". 

I'm gonna write my year-end wrap up next week.  I think I (Marcia really) did a nice summary of everyone's season.  But everyone feel free to post some random 2011 thoughts and hopes for 2012.  Anytime from now till the end of January feel free to post your 2012 goals.  And throughout 2012, please update when you sign up for a race.  I think I'm most excited about seeing our injured members regain health and the form they had earlier in 2011. 

DECISIONS:

For 2012 I've (crazily) decided to embark on the Competitive Plan Iron-Fit Journey.  Which means A LOT of training!!  My 30-week plan starts the day after Christmas.  In the last 10 week Peak Phase of the plan (Starting May 14th) I'll be averaging 15 hours a week, peaking at 20 hours.  I'm choosing this plan for a few reasons.  I'd like to go sub 11 hours at Ironman Lake Placid.  My training partner is looking to qualify for Kona at LP (and for his age group a sub 11:00 will get him there).  I also want to lose around 25 pounds.  I'm committing to the weight loss now, and will need to get there in about 20 weeks, before the HEAVY volume starts.  The odd thing (for me) is, I'm actually looking forward to "the Journey".  To be honest, I've always been a "Destination" person.   Just get me there, has always been my prevailing attitude.  But for whatever reason, my mindset is changing.  I honestly don't know why.  But it is.  Enough rambling out of me     

Edited by Dream Chaser 2011-12-18 9:17 AM
2011-12-18 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3942751

User image

Master
TORONTO
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-18 10:14 AM

Good stuff, Mike.  How cool is that - your wife quits the high stress job flat-out and ends up with a lower stress, more secure job.  That's great-great stuff. 

It's funny how everone who ended up forming this group is so much alike.    We were meant to be "group". 

I'm gonna write my year-end wrap up next week.  I think I (Marcia really) did a nice summary of everyone's season.  But everyone feel free to post some random 2011 thoughts and hopes for 2012.  Anytime from now till the end of January feel free to post your 2012 goals.  And throughout 2012, please update when you sign up for a race.  I think I'm most excited about seeing our injured members regain health and the form they had earlier in 2011. 

DECISIONS:

For 2012 I've (crazily) decided to embark on the Competitive Plan Iron-Fit Journey.  Which means A LOT of training!!  My 30-week plan starts the day after Christmas.  In the last 10 week Peak Phase of the plan (Starting May 14th) I'll be averaging 15 hours a week, peaking at 20 hours.  I'm choosing this plan for a few reasons.  I'd like to go sub 11 hours at Ironman Lake Placid.  My training partner is looking to qualify for Kona at LP (and for his age group a sub 11:00 will get him there).  I also want to lose around 25 pounds.  I'm committing to the weight loss now, and will need to get there in about 20 weeks, before the HEAVY volume starts.  The odd thing (for me) is, I'm actually looking forward to "the Journey".  To be honest, I've always been a "Destination" person.   Just get me there, has always been my prevailing attitude.  But for whatever reason, my mindset is changing.  I honestly don't know why.  But it is.  Enough rambling out of me     

I love this post!  A number of comments (I've bolded them) resonate with me too!

I wanna see Mike ROCK IT at Eagleman!!  I'm also really looking forward to having a plan and getting back in to more structured workouts.  I miss my long outdoor bike rides.  ?!  Who'da thunk?  And the thing is - I don't really care what the goal is - the destination - I just want the training to commence.

It's a strange calendar in Ontario for 2012 - in order to make room for Tremblant they've made a lot of changes.  My favourite race is gone.  My second fave was moved.  Some long course races are now olys.  If you want to race in July you have to go north which can be brutal with cottage drivers.  A lot of the early spring structured bike rides are no more.  I really have no clue what I'll do aside from the June HIM.  Then I'll make up my mind - have fun the rest of the summer or train strategically for Muskoka again.  I will attempt my first full marathon in the fall - in PEI.  I don't know if I can realistically train for Muskoka 70.3 and a marathon at the same time... thoughts?  If I don't do Muskoka I will probably do a lot of sprints and go for speed ha ha (that is no joke but it IS a laughing matter).  So lots of uncertainty but I hope to challenge myself in new ways.  See what this girl can accomplish!! Bobby your plan sounds frightfully scary but exciting at the same time.  Can't wait to see you reach your goals!

2011-12-18 3:05 PM

User image

Marcia, I'm planting the seed now by saying - I can see you doing Ironman Mont Tremblant in 2013. 

You cannot effectively train for a 70.3 and a marathon at the same time.  Or, at least I can't.  You can train for a 70.3 exclusively.  Race.  Recover.  And then begin an abbreviated Marathon plan.  But, from my experience, you cannot commit to training for both at the same time; however, the run training for the 70.3 will give you an advantage to start Marathon training. 

What 70.3 are you doing in June - Tremblant??

2011-12-18 5:11 PM
in reply to: #3943047

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-18 4:05 PM

Marcia, I'm planting the seed now by saying - I can see you doing Ironman Mont Tremblant in 2013. 

You cannot effectively train for a 70.3 and a marathon at the same time.  Or, at least I can't.  You can train for a 70.3 exclusively.  Race.  Recover.  And then begin an abbreviated Marathon plan.  But, from my experience, you cannot commit to training for both at the same time; however, the run training for the 70.3 will give you an advantage to start Marathon training. 

I am looking at just sprints and 5K's for the first half of next year, leading up to an Olympic and a 15K road race in September and a HM in November.  I have no races scheduled between June and the two September races, and none between September and the HM in November.  My goal in all three of those races (at this point) is just to finish. 

Does this seem reasonable?  Manageable?  Other thoughts?

2011-12-18 7:05 PM
in reply to: #3943047

User image

Master
TORONTO

Good to know.  Muskoka is Sept 9th and my marathon will be on Oct. 14th.  So I guess I won't be doing Muskoka.  The HIM I'm doing is a local race in Welland - flat and fast.  I just want to try the distance once more to see if I like it or not.  I think there were too many things going on last year to know - was it an off day? the course? not well enough prepared? or just a distance I'd rather not race?  And until I know that answer I can't really think of anything longer!! ie IRONMAN!!!

Plus - I think I'm going to Africa in August 2013 so... timing wouldn't work.  Maybe Calgary 70.3 in July.  We'll see!

2011-12-18 7:11 PM
in reply to: #3943147

User image

Master
TORONTO

tdl1972 - 2011-12-18 6:11 PM

I am looking at just sprints and 5K's for the first half of next year, leading up to an Olympic and a 15K road race in September and a HM in November.  I have no races scheduled between June and the two September races, and none between September and the HM in November.  My goal in all three of those races (at this point) is just to finish. 

Well you are already running 5Ks pretty easily now so I don't see why that would be a problem at all.  And you have a good cycling history.  Just listen to your body and see how you feel after the sprints.  Stick to the plan and you should get to the finish line!

2011-12-19 4:47 PM
in reply to: #3943147

User image

tdl1972 - 2011-12-18 6:11 PM

Reasonable = Yes.  Manageable = Yes.  Thoughts = keep doing what you are doing.  Consistently Run and slowly grow your run volume.  Keep your efforts aerobic.  'Ez does it' and you'll accomplish these goals... if you want it bad enough!!

Edited by Dream Chaser 2011-12-19 4:48 PM
2011-12-19 5:07 PM
in reply to: #3943242

User image

kimmax - 2011-12-18 8:05 PM

Good to know.  Muskoka is Sept 9th and my marathon will be on Oct. 14th.  So I guess I won't be doing Muskoka.  The HIM I'm doing is a local race in Welland - flat and fast.  I just want to try the distance once more to see if I like it or not.  I think there were too many things going on last year to know - was it an off day? the course? not well enough prepared? or just a distance I'd rather not race?  And until I know that answer I can't really think of anything longer!! ie IRONMAN!!!

Plus - I think I'm going to Africa in August 2013 so... timing wouldn't work.  Maybe Calgary 70.3 in July.  We'll see!

A 70.3 Sep 9th and a marathon Oct 14th, for you OR me, would be a bahhhhhhhd idea.  Very baahhhhd.

If I were you, I'd do the June 70.3.  Recover.  And then Marathon train through the summer.  A May Century ride would be nice, and help you train for the June 70.3 race. 

As for Muskoka, dudette that's a HARD-HARD 70.3  Unless you are an athlete who's comfortable cycling and run hills for 70 miles, it's going to be a TOUGH DAY on that course for any athlete.  Muskoka is only going to be a pleasurable experience for athletes who on a daily basis train on that type of terrain.  If you pick a flatter 70.3 you're likely to go faster, with less effort and [perhaps] have a better 70.3 experience. 

My 2nd triathlon race was an Olympic at Harriman State Park which has an elevation gain of 1500+ feet every 14 miles.  And the run is just as hilly.  Needless to say my first Oly experience was a rough, 3-hour 12-min ordeal.  My next Oly, a month later, was at Montauk (a much flatter, tamer course) and I smooooked that race with a 2:18:31.  Yeah, I had a much better experience at the Montauk race, and that's the terrain I was accustomer to training on.    

2011-12-20 6:23 AM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Thanks for the advice!  I've never finished an oly in 3 hours!!!  I think after the HIM I'm just going to have some fun.  I'll do a Niagara sprint in August - the try-a-tri was my very first race years ago.  Get some nice cycling in and train for the half mary in October. 

I just committed to doing a half mary in February woo hoo!  It'll be a cold one!!

Did a tempo run this morning and felt great - I love that high you get.  I need to run faster more often!!!

2011-12-20 8:17 AM
in reply to: #3945399

User image

kimmax - 2011-12-20 7:23 AM

Thanks for the advice!  I've never finished an oly in 3 hours!!!  I think after the HIM I'm just going to have some fun.  I'll do a Niagara sprint in August - the try-a-tri was my very first race years ago.  Get some nice cycling in and train for the half mary in October. 

I just committed to doing a half mary in February woo hoo!  It'll be a cold one!!

Did a tempo run this morning and felt great - I love that high you get.  I need to run faster more often!!!

Too funny.  My next thought was why don't you just target a half-marathon for the Fall.  We're on the same wavelength. 

IF you want to run a marathon properly and to your potential, 20 weeks is ideal.  2 Weeks of Prep, then an 18-week plan with 3 mesocycles (Endurance; Lactate Threshold + Endurance; Marathon Specifici Prep).  I highly-highly recommend Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pftizinger. 

2011-12-20 12:08 PM
in reply to: #3929618

User image

Expert
Sun Prairie, WI
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-07 10:50 AM

Yeah, so I'm not a fan of ties.  In triathlon races there is no such thing.  So I had to find a tie-breaker.  I had to.  I measured all aspects of heart, determination, grit, juggling family, kids, work ... and still.  A stinkin' tie!! 

So ultimately it came down 'going back to the basics'.  I went all the way back to Page 1 and read both athlete's intial post introducing themselves and boldy posting what their specific goals were.  Both athlete's posted their goals, and then even set another goal later that they both accomplished.  So both athletes succesfully set goals and through pure guts and determination accomplished those goals.  So the slimmest of margins tie-breaker came down to: who posted their specific goal first... 

And the winner of the DREAM CHASER'S Set a Goal and Capture it Mentor Group Triathlete of the Year Award goes to, Marcia!!! 

Marcia was the first member to join the group.  She has been an active consistent member.  Her Attitude has been superb.  Her original goal was not to a measley Canadien Metric Century - but an American 100-mile Century.  On the Century Ride she faced many dark times, and had the option of calling quits at the Metric Century marker.  BUT SHE DIDN'T.  She dug deep and she accomplished her goal.  It was Marcia vs.  Herself.  And she didn't quitShe won against herself. 

This feat alone would have put her in the running for the award.  But would not have been enough to take the 1st Place title.  Mid-season, then signing up for Muskoka 70.3 -- one of the most challenging, hilly 70.3's around; commiting to tackling it and putting in all the necessary work, and then battling though and crossing that tape after 70.3 miles of sbr'ing was just awe-inspiring. 

So Marcia, here is your well-deserved trophy.  It's so big, you can't move it so you'll just have to settle on visiting it, or seeing it in this picture.  

I'd like to award Rene a very well-deserved, uber-close 2nd Place!!  Like Marcia, you were also a consistently active mentor member, very positive, motivating to me and all the others.  To be honest, you whipped my a$$ but good at both the Ironman and Marathon distance.  And if you ever start your own Mentor Group, I'd love to be a mentee under you.  Loved reading your blog all year, and you just really set it on fire with all your tremendous training and equally tremendous results. 

You started the year off with plantar fascitis and were able to successfully accept suggestions from other members, and as a result you were able to train through and recover from it.   And not just recover but go on to ROCK your first Ironman with a sick-awesome time; and then go on to Boston Qualify at a Fall Marathon!  Congratulations on a breakout 2011 season.

Rene, dude, You Are the Man!!

Thanks to all the members.   Stay tuned for my personal year-end wrap-up and a new annoucement of next years group.  

Cool!  Congrats Marcia well deserved!

2011-12-20 12:15 PM
in reply to: #3932248

User image

Expert
Sun Prairie, WI
kimmax - 2011-12-09 8:16 AM
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-09 8:29 AM

Great Post, Rene.  Thanks!  I think many of us on this site can relate to these lessons, and this is why we do triathlon - to live life to the fullest!! 

Over the years, I've listened to quite a few men express their greatest regret was not spending enough time with their children during the early years.  This was my sole reason for not accepting a management position in my current company three years ago.  It was career-suicide turning down a promotion, but it allows me to work from home and put my children on and off the bus every day, attend all of their school functions, and spend lots of time with them.  It also allows me to train triathlon while they are at school!!  Otherwise, if I had accepted that position, I would be gone from 7AM in the morning till 8PM everynight.  I make a lot less money, and my kids do drive me crazzzzy; but when I am old and grey, the money won't matter and I'll have many treasured memories that are priceless.  

Totally agree with all of the post.  Funny because I made different choices than Bobby but for the same reason.  I used to be self employed which meant a lot of evening and weekend work (no I wasn't a hooker!) which was fine when my daughter was little - I could just keep her home if I needed a Mommy&Miya day but as she got older she started complaining that I was never around and I couldn't keep her home as much so... I got a full time 8-5 job with benefits so that I wouldn't have to work evening and weekends.  I feel as though I work way more hours for less pay but the quality time we have with one another is fantastic so no regrets.  One day she won't need me as much and I can do whatever I want but I'm happy that day isn't for a while to come. 

It's a balance - there were times when I resented the triathlon training because while I loved it - I felt guilty when away from the family.  I think it's about letting the little things go so you can enjoy the other.  So ya - that load of laundry can wait to be folded another 1/2 hour so I can read with her or play a game.

Life is short people!!!  Gotta make it count!

Very timely post.  As you guys know I have been kicking around starting a business lately.  The final decision is to put it on hold for a year or two.  I am getting ready to retire after 20 years in the Navy.  The last two years I spent 5 out of 7 days a week away from my family.  Prior to that I would spend about 6 months a year deployed outside of the U.S.  It is time for me to spend some more time with my family. 

I realized, knowing myself, that if I went the business route I would be spending 60-70 hours a week minimum running it to my expectations.  I would in essence be putting myself on a weekly "deployment" away from my family.  So I will spend the next couple of years getting in much more family time.  Now the adventure begins.  I am starting to look at different career opportunities for the first time in 20 years.  Should be quite a ride and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

2011-12-22 12:28 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

That's exciting stuff Greg!  Whatever you set your mind to you will be successful in... It's just the type of person you are. 

Countdown is on for the holidays!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah! 

In addition to spending some quality time with my family my goal is to try and get some decent workouts in and stop stuffing my face with shortbread!!!  January I start seriously training so whatever I eat I have to burn if I want to enter the next race season in relatively good shape.  :S 

2011-12-22 6:16 PM

User image

Expert
WA

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to EVERYONE!!

Have a fun safe holiday!!!

2011-12-24 11:20 AM
in reply to: #3950587

User image

RunRene - 2011-12-22 7:16 PM

2011-12-24 9:34 PM
in reply to: #3950587

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
RunRene - 2011-12-22 7:16 PM

DITTO!

2011-12-25 7:53 PM

User image

Veteran

Hello everyone - hope all have had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed their families! I have been AWOL so long...I don't remember the last time I checked in - 5-6 months maybe?

After my disappointing race this summer it was a struggle to maintain my motivation. About the time Halloween rolled around I lost ALL motivation and have eaten every sugary, fatty and bad for me delicacy I could find - probably put on 10-12lbs in the past 2 months and haven't lifted a finger or a foot in regards to any exercise.

And I am feeling it! My pants won't button, shirts are snug, I have that miserable can't breathe, bloated feeling after gorging myself after every meal. I feel the stress mentally as well. Seems everything at work or home needs "urgent" attention and can't be worked out without my direct supervision. I know that isn't the case but it is so easy to get in that frame of mind without any physical action in my life.

Anyway - I just signed on tonite as I started to assess some goals for the upcoming year only to find an inspire from Bobby saying the group was staying together and inviting me to participate in 2012.

I have only read thru the current page and have to tell say I feel so fortunate to have access to all of you. Your dedication and motivation is so inspirational. I will continue to focus on my goals for the next year. I hope to start exercising in the next week and will start logging.

Again - hope you all have had a Merry Christmas and will have a safe New Year!

2011-12-27 12:58 PM
in reply to: #3953568

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
tntexpres - 2011-12-25 8:53 PM

Hello everyone - hope all have had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed their families! I have been AWOL so long...I don't remember the last time I checked in - 5-6 months maybe?

After my disappointing race this summer it was a struggle to maintain my motivation. About the time Halloween rolled around I lost ALL motivation and have eaten every sugary, fatty and bad for me delicacy I could find - probably put on 10-12lbs in the past 2 months and haven't lifted a finger or a foot in regards to any exercise.

And I am feeling it! My pants won't button, shirts are snug, I have that miserable can't breathe, bloated feeling after gorging myself after every meal. I feel the stress mentally as well. Seems everything at work or home needs "urgent" attention and can't be worked out without my direct supervision. I know that isn't the case but it is so easy to get in that frame of mind without any physical action in my life.

Anyway - I just signed on tonite as I started to assess some goals for the upcoming year only to find an inspire from Bobby saying the group was staying together and inviting me to participate in 2012.

I have only read thru the current page and have to tell say I feel so fortunate to have access to all of you. Your dedication and motivation is so inspirational. I will continue to focus on my goals for the next year. I hope to start exercising in the next week and will start logging.

Again - hope you all have had a Merry Christmas and will have a safe New Year!

Hmmmm...this story sounds all too familiar. Someone has been putting smaller clothes in my closet lately as well. It cannot be the poor diet and added weight! I guess it is just time to refocus. Enjoy the holidays!
2011-12-30 1:44 AM

User image

Veteran
boo!!!
I only learned about this mentor program tonight!!!
DC is a great source!  I wish you have room for one more! 

2011-12-31 10:30 AM

User image

John - Welcome Back!! 

George -  Maybe the the eleves left behind some clothes and THAT'S why they are so snug.

Everyone else - January is Post your Goals Time.  We're a trim group.  No nonsense.  Less sugar-coating here in 2012.  My motto's for 2012 are:  TRAIN SMARTHTFUNO EXCUSESGOT DISCIPLINE? 

These directly apply to myself.  I've got four full and consistent years of Triathlon training in the books.  And six consistent years of Running in the books.  I'm sick & tired of taking risks and making mistakes.  I've accrued a lot of knowledge through text, shared experienced and first-hand experience.  Time to put it to use and knock off the crap. 

I'll post specific 2012 goals next week including training strategy, weight management and race goals. 

2011-12-31 3:00 PM
in reply to: #3963567

User image

Master
TORONTO
Dream Chaser - 2011-12-31 11:30 AM

John - Welcome Back!! 

George -  Maybe the the eleves left behind some clothes and THAT'S why they are so snug.

Everyone else - January is Post your Goals Time.  We're a trim group.  No nonsense.  Less sugar-coating here in 2012.  My motto's for 2012 are:  TRAIN SMARTHTFUNO EXCUSESGOT DISCIPLINE? 

These directly apply to myself.  I've got four full and consistent years of Triathlon training in the books.  And six consistent years of Running in the books.  I'm sick & tired of taking risks and making mistakes.  I've accrued a lot of knowledge through text, shared experienced and first-hand experience.  Time to put it to use and knock off the crap. 

I'll post specific 2012 goals next week including training strategy, weight management and race goals. 

Oh I needed to read a post like this! After doing nothing for a week I feel horribly unmotivated. Doesn't help that I'm away from home and eating out - trying to find places with healthy options - is a struggle. I feel like a big immobile greasy french fry (she types while at road side rest station eating fries!!).In 2012 I WILL...To be continued! Happy NYs everyone!!
2012-01-01 10:17 AM
in reply to: #3963567

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

John - Welcome Back!! 

Aw, geez....who woke Bobby up?   Smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2012-01-01 10:23 AM
in reply to: #3964709

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Island
jmhpsu93 - 2012-01-01 11:17 AM

John - Welcome Back!! 

Aw, geez....who woke Bobby up?   Smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

^^^^^^^^^AH-HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dream Chaser's 'Set a Goal and Capture it!' Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 60